Posted: 26 December 2006 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
We are with you. IF rocks!!!
advil IF-Sizzlerz
advil
advil

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 6:49pm | IP Logged

Vijay,

Great visions. I would like to add in my two cents of suggestions.

1. IF messenger would be a good way for members to keep in touch and reduce the level of spamming on the threads.

2. Make the IF radio more dominant. It can keep announcing the forthcoming attractions and it can also air some sponser ads in between the shows.That will kill two birds with a single stone.

3. Add a draft box   a "deleted message"  and a mass "forward" box in the private messenger . Many a times by pressing the wrong button we lose some good Pm's inadvertantly. and having amass for forward means addressing many members at the same time.

4. Increase the capacity of incoming Pm's from 400 to 500. Dont know how much this will help, but atleast that allows space for yet another 100 PM's.

5. Introduce the "report option" in Private messages, so that abusive unwarranted Pm's can be easily reported . 

6. Have  creative member interactive contests/threads on the main page so that members from all sections can commingle and get to know one another.

7. How about a scraping system and inclusion of communities  ?

Edited by adi_0112 - 26 December 2006 at 8:49pm
Lovely123 Groupbie
Lovely123
Lovely123

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
its a good thing to do . a new look in 2007
sajnie IF-Rockerz
sajnie
sajnie

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
great idea vijay n am wiz u n u can count on me Embarrassed

i hav always love india forums n wud be great if the features of indiaforums.in will be added here as it has very interesting topics there.

My suggestions are :

jus like adi said- increase the number of pms wiz 100

having IF messenger will be really great idea as it will be more fast n efficient

u sud make IF such a way zat no one can copy it as u must be aware zat recnetly many forums are being started using the code source of IF n i tel one thing,its really sad zat u never copy someone,u r original but poeple jus come wiz ur idea,they do not come wiz their own original idea,plz vijay work on it as i dont want IF to be copied by anyone.

IF is simply the best Clap

the_charm IF-Veteran Member
the_charm
the_charm

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
wow its a really great news haan.........new IF.better IF Clap Clap

All IF-ians r always with u! don't worry

N yeah i do have one suggestion. dunno whether its gud or just dumb! LOL

Like we have the feature of choosing whether to show signature on the particular post or not...but we aren't utilising it....so we can have it utilised by not showing our signatures in picture gallary....i think it will help us in viewing the picture gallary n also will save our time... as sometimes it becomes quite confusing..hope u liked the idea. Tongue
pls say me whether its good or dumb LOL
vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the great ideas..

a) Well one thing I noticed everyone is mentioning IF Messenger and its surely a great idea but then we all have to download something to our PC to use it just like MSN / Yahoo / GTalk / ICQ...

What we can do is expanding the BuddyList and you can see who all are online on IF at the moment and is on which section.

b) We are coming up with our own myGroups idea and thats something we are still discussing in the Development team and getting ideas and making a basic framework before we ask members to contribute their ideas.

c) Private messages is getting redone and will be having option to send PM to your "approved" buddies at one go.

d) PM box size will be soon increased for our members as we understand that with more friends we need more space LOL

Cheers,
Vijay

India Forums Development Team
DesiChocolate IF-Rockerz
DesiChocolate
DesiChocolate

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Thanks VijayClap.

What happened to teh Chat room we used to had? ConfusedLike members logged in and see who was in the chat..It dissapeared.Ouch It would be cool if we got that backBig smile IF messenger would be like a Yahoo right? Embarrassed

PriyaTongue
JennyPenny IF-Addictz
JennyPenny
JennyPenny

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Thanks Vijay Bro.. Always ready to help out..

I agree with Lika, the search button needs to be changed, it is very annoying to search through all forums to find the forum and even then you don't ger right resultsBig smile

I am game for more contestsSmile

Go to top