vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 24 December 2006 at 8:55pm | IP Logged

Hi Friends,

Moderator's Note:

Hi Friends,

I am really upset with myself that we had to roll back the software upgrade as it slowed down the forum. Cry

We will again taking up with the codes. And will try to fix all these problems.

After the successful migration of the forum to the new servers I am all charged up to do what all I have been planning to do earlier. 

We are soon going to upgrade the Forum software and some interesting and useful features too.

Some of them which are on top of my list are:

Improved IP Blocking and message filtering to stop spammers. Forum Subcategory System (to accommodate IF.IN) Improved Registration process with email validation. RSS Feeds Videos Section Gallery Section
  • Revamped Newsroom

and a lot more ...

India Forums is famous for always bringing something new and different then other forums and sites. So would really love to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback on how to improve the site.

While going through the ISO 9001:2000 consultation and training which we are getting during the implemention of Quality Management System for Cyberax I learnt something very interesting:

We all need to be SMART ...

S = Specific
M
= Measurable
A
= Attainable
R
= Realistic
T = Timely

I have so many ideas which I feel will change the way we use Internet but they never get started cause I didnt followed the simple SMART steps to do them. So now trying to practice it seriously.

And at the moment I have a challenge with myself that we will get India-Forums.com 200 Million pageviews a Month in the next 6 months.

So are you with me as I really need a very good team to reach the dream figure?

Then you all need to be hyperactive... If you have more suggestions please feel free to post it here...

Cheers,
Vijay Smile

Edited by vijay - 20 January 2007 at 11:40am

The following 40 member(s) liked the above post:

arrpeelovely32bluecloud_1inpeace007ishlinaaz123veekayprikiashiLovely_Vidanatashuindia9mpatel97508~~RaZ~~Angel39~Khizer~JasloveJinKMs.Chandni-Cupcake-zhasan2Mitesh.PSallu_Kingshona.*Spandana**dels*atinakirtibdddddNishthaMe_AnonymousAnastaciaJem4Himeshumi82990SmarterDesiKid~Simmi~shahidlover24Jennifer.LBubbly_ShellykothraBiggBoss420

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Software Upgrade Rolled back" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sree

IF-Rockerz

sree

Posted: 25 December 2006 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Yup Vijay, Me with you!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed We need to give the Newsroom a good look. We have many dedicated members who are ready to help us with articles. So we need to think on these lines very soon.

Vijay, once this server migration and other stuff are done successfully, please start working on the Mujse Dosti Contest.. All the members are really very very eager to participate... I get lot of PMs asking for the same.

One more thing i have observed is that, many members want more and more Contests to happen in IF. There were few complaints too that we did not have one for the Anniversary Week.. So probably we need to think moreo on these lines too, have a good bank of Contests, come out with one atleast once in every 3-4 months... This should be one thing you need to think of , Vijay...

Ofcourse, we all are with you, so just give us a shout and we will stand in QUEUE to help u... Embarrassed

Edited by vijay - 26 December 2006 at 12:56pm

mysterious girl

IF-Veteran Member

mysterious girl

Posted: 25 December 2006 at 5:17am | IP Logged
i will surely help in any way possible and will try to be more active now Tongue

Anastacia

IF-Veteran Member

Anastacia

Posted: 25 December 2006 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Thanks for the update VJ. I am eagerly waiting for the launch of the Newsroom. It's time for the great articles are showcased. Embarrassed As always, I am ready to help.

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 25 December 2006 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Many at the moment are away so very few replies.

Will really appreciate if you have any ideas and me too working on a few that I have Smile

Cheers,
Vijay

kaleidoscope

IF-Veteran Member

kaleidoscope

Posted: 25 December 2006 at 11:14am | IP Logged

You know how busy I am these days, how come I will be hyper active on IF?

Just kidding....Of course if IF needs me to be hyperactive I will be always there to help. Is main poochne wali kon si baat hai?

Let me pen some suggestions which are roaming in my mind right now. Deciding feasible or not that is ur part of job.Tongue

Testimonial: IF is about family and friends too. So testimonial will be a greatway to express how you feel about them.it can be linked with members slambook and homepage. Only after member's approval each testimonial will be up for public display.

Gender: It is high time to put it in the profile. Sometimes it just get so confusing how to refer a person as he or she.

Chat room: We had one earlier here but then it moved to .in. then don't know what happened to it. Since I am a chatterbox I am missing it stillEmbarrassed

I also agree with Sree di on contest part. Sometimes the storyline gets boring so the activity in the sections also gets affected. Starting few contest during those depression time can be great help to keep members hooked to IF.

I also have a question since if.in is merging. will .com also have point system like .in? and what about the post count? Sorry to sound dumb here but I am one lil confused soul todayConfused

Kaleidoscope

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 25 December 2006 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
Gauher, I think it will still exist as IF.in, but as a sub category forum of India Forums. That will also merge the traffic resulting in an overall increase in the numbers that we currently have. Vijay, do correct me if I have got it wrong somewhere.

Vijay, here are my few cents:

1) Regarding moderating: I feel that as the forum has spread it's wings, we have had more members incorporated into the dev team who are dedicated and active. However, I have also noticed that as the days have passed, we have had more and more breakdown in communications among the different levels of dev team. We need to rectify that. For example, many a times in one section, the viewbies, the mods, the coolbies and videobies do not interact at all, and sometimes this creates a lot of confusion. So my suggestion is, whenever a new member is initiated into the dev team, he should get an automated rules and regulations sheet which he/she would need to read, understand and agree to. That way all the dev team members will know exactly what is expected of them and what to do in a certain situation ( like when they are away, whom to inform, or whether the are allowed to do certain things like edit other posts or links or that viewbies and mods of one section need to be on the same page etc etc...). Also, inspite of having a dev team link on the toolbar, members get confused as to who the mod is of any particular section. So my suggestion is to have a system where the names of the mods and viewbies as well as coolbies are displayed right at the top of each section like it is in the IF.IN

2) Home page: The GAs need to go in a box. Right now with the GA topics appearing right away, it's taking away from the unique home page feel making it appear like a common internet blog.

3) Warning meter: Make the mentioning of the reason for a warning increase mandatory.

Will come back with more.

Edited by Minnie - 25 December 2006 at 8:39pm

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 26 December 2006 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Thanks Minnie..

All the suggestions on this Thread will be looked into and I will try to fix them once the software upgrade is done.

Thats again a challenging job cause a lot of tables needs to be modified with the current data.

One more idea I was checking is improvement in the Search Feature.

Cheers,
Vijay

Post Reply New Post

Go to top