Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Saree Below Navel

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

rohanmaster

rohanmaster

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Almost all serials nowadays showing girls wearing saree below navel, is it nessacary? i dont see women generally wearing saree like that, rarely 1 in 1000 wear saree below, what is the mindset behind wearing that way?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

finding_nemo120

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saree Below Navel" in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

muskurahat

Groupbie

muskurahat

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 6:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by rohanmaster

Almost all serials nowadays showing girls wearing saree below navel, is it nessacary? i dont see women generally wearing saree like that, rarely 1 in 1000 wear saree below, what is the mindset behind wearing that way?

Really? I'm pretty sure women generally do wear their sarees below the navel or at least level with the navel. And yes, there is actually a point to it.  Women usually have wider hips than waists.  It's harder to wear a saree at waist level becuase the saree would have to fan out at the hips.  The reason you probably haven't noticed that women do wear their sarees at the hip is because sarees rarely used to be see-through.  With the new fashion style today of completely see-through sarees (like those that shruti wears in kggk all the time), the navel is a lot more noticeable.

M.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top