Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

More buzz about Amar's return

sabsebadifan* thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Amar Upadhyay back in 'Kyunki....'?

Balaji's prodigal son may soon re-enter as Tulsi's grandson

BY AB & VICKEY LALWANI

Ekta Kapoor may have lost Sujal (Rajeev Khandelwal) but she is likely to get the original Mihir Virani (Amar Upadhyay) back- but in a new avatar.

Kapoor's flagship Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi on Star Plus is poised for another leap early next year. According to sources, Balaji House is working up a character for Amar. Yes, they want him back!

And this time, he'll play Tulsi's (Smriti Z Iraani's) grandson- Sumeet Sachdev and Riva Bubber's son!!

When contacted, Amar says, "I haven't spoken to Ekta about it yet, but yes, even I have heard all that you are telling me. I would be very happy if it materialises. I would love to be back in Kyunki...," concludes the handsome actor who chucked up the same show two year ago when he was drawn towards films.

His untimely death in Kyunki... fuelled hysteria among his fan following that was unprecedented on Indian satellite television. Balaji Telefilms was coerced into resurrecting the character, but Amar opted for the big screen shortly thereafter.

Unfortunately, his film career did not live up to his expectations, as his popularity plummeted after the release of his only feature film, Dhund The Fog last year. Amar then returned to television with Cinevistaas' Saathiya (Shrradha Nigam, Sanjit Bedi) that is currently aired on Sahara One.

Channel officials are naturally loath to confirm whether the once hugely popular Amar will be seen again on Kyunki...

If Amar returns to Kyunki... it will be an ironical homecoming. Rajeev 'Sujal' Khandelwal has just announced his decision to quit Balaji's Kahiin To Hoga, a show that has catapulted him to the heights of tele-popularity. If Amar's career path is something to go by, should Rajeev pause awhile to rethink?