Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pillowtalk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Congratulations everyone :-) CC team its your job now :-) common show us the master pieces created by every team... *eagerly waiting*
Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Wow! We won! Still can't believe it!
Congratulations, Team Starlights! 
Revelio thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Round 1 Entries

Team : Soulful Soniyas

Theme:  
A Blind Date

Angela, a 26 year old, young, pretty woman. All her friends were either married or in a relationship, living their life happily. She felt insecure and alone being single when all her friends are publicly displaying affection. All she wants to have is a hot coffee on a rainy evening, snuggling into a warm blanket along with her prince charming, few kisses and hugs. Being a bookworm, she never really felt the need of crush, love, relationships in all her university life. Now she is busy building her career. She was worried that if she doesn't find a life partner soon,  she will never find a guy with whom she can live a 'happily ever after' life like her friends.

And that is when she signed up for an online dating website. The website has nothing but favorites like food, color, hobbies etc. After all, she is searching for true love right, and fame, status are not included here which made her accept it in a second.

She didnt get any response even after a week which made her fears grow. Will she be forever single? All her thoughts came to halt seeing a match being suggested by the website.

Brooke_1603 is interested in your profile!

With her heart thudding, she accepted the request and rest is history. After a brief introduction, she felt herself flying in the air with happiness. Her morning started with his good mornings and ended with sweet dream quotes. She started to see a positive, love filled air around her. She couldn't stop thinking of him and realized she has fallen madly in love with him. She hesitated to express her love to him fearing his rejection. She was again welcomed with surprise when he asked her for dinner. His messages hinted that he has feelings for her.

With heart full of hope and love, she decided to meet him in the restaurant at the street end. She took all her time to look beautiful. From wearing the best dress to choosing the best nail color, she made sure everything is perfect. Reaching the place she saw a young handsome man sitting with her name written on the board infront of him. Her breath struck in her throat after looking at his devilishly handsome features. They chatted happily and ate till the closing hours. She felt like she finally found the right guy.  

It was almost midnight when he asked her for a short drive. He has a surprise for her. His charismatic smile made her accept his request instantly. She can feel that her 'happily ever after' life is on the way.

But who knows what is waiting for her? Did she know anything about this man except for his matching tastes? Did she meet him before this day? The answer is NO. This man, with whom she is ready to go to an unknown place, can be anything. He may turn out to be prince charming if her luck cooperates. If not, he can be a cheater, rapist or worst a murderer.

Not everyone will have a happy ending in BLIND DATES...its better safe than sorry...

Team SoulMist

Theme : A Sinister Night

''I'm so happy 'Moine. Finally we'll be engaged'' exclaimed Ron happily.

''Yeah, Ron I'm happy too'' Hermoine replied.

~After some time~

"Come, come it's the time to exchange rings." said Mrs.Weasely, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Where's Hermione?" Harry asked.

"I've not seen her for quite sometime" Luna replied.

"Where'd she go?" Ron exclaimed worried.

~Malfoy Manor~

"What the hell do you think you're doing Malfoy?" Hermoine yelled at him as he tied her with ropes.

"What does it look like, mudblood? I kidnapped you...now it'll surely weaken the Weasely and Potter." Draco snapped at her.

"Weak?" Hermoine let out a sarcastic laugh, "Let Ron and Harry find me then you'll know who's weak Malfoy." 

With a swift push, Draco hauled her against the wall, "They can't defeat me. Anyways, shouldn't you be thanking me?" 

"Thank you for what?" Hermoine snapped at him, struggling in his hold.

"For getting you rid of that Weasley and his family." He replied as a devilishly.
"I know you don't love that Weasley anymore." He added, running his fingertips down her arms.

Hermoine gasped as her skin tingled with sensations, "I.. don't know.. what you're talking about."

"Oh you do, Granger. Remember that evening in The Three Broomstick?" He asked her, his face just a breath away.

Mere mention of that evening made Hermoine's cheeks flush with pink.

"That...was a mistake." 

"I wish it was. But I was more than just that Granger and you know that." Draco replied, his thumb tracing the outline of her rosy lips and they parted for more.

What the hell was happening? This never happened when she would be with Ron. Hermoine wondered.

Holding onto every ounce of control, "Malf.." She had just started to speak when Draco leaned towards her making her gasp.

"Granger.." 

"Don't do this!" She all but whispered.
"Why not?" As his lips found her skin, "Give me one valid reason."

A sigh escaped her lips when his lips trailed down seeking her flavors.

"Because.. I'm someone else's girlfriend." 

"Really? You should've thought abt that before kissing me that evening, Granger."

"A mistake. Nothing else." She replied firmly.

His features hardened in anger, "Why? Just because I am on Voldemort's side in the war, isn't it?" He asked her as his fingers curled around her arm, tightly.

"But then, what was that concern all about? You should've left me  that night. Why did you stay?"He demanded, clutching her hairs in his fist.

Hermoine groaned in pain.

"I wasn't thinking clearly.I think you're manipulating me somehow!"
"I didn't knew you think so low of me." She was hurt.

Draco laughed mockingly before pushing her away and she tumbled down, bruising her forehead, "You deserve to rot in here Granger, all alone.Not really I'll present you to the dark lord in midnight...till then think what will you do now?"

"I don't know what happened to Malfoy? What'd Voldemort do with me? What will become of this night?"thought Hermione uncertainty..

Team 2: Serendipitous Amour

Theme: 
The Runaway Bride

Vexatious Amour

the stormy sky,
the thundering light,
a runaway bride,
and all things dreadful

Do you, Meenakshi Duthie, take -" "No."
 Her voice rang out in the church.
 She felt rather than heard the gasps that emanated from the gathered crowd. 
"I'm sorry," she said softly to the man in front of her.
 And she practically ran down the aisle, out of the church...alone. 
Dwindling and drizzling the rain poured hard, her expensive Snow White gown ruined,she suddenly felt like a protagonist of a Romcom. "So I am the Runaway Bride now"she chuckled at the irony. 
 "Couldn't go through with it after all, could you?"
 said a voice close to her. 
She started. 
He stood next to her, her best friend. 
The love of her life.
 "I did ask you to run away with me. But no, you wanted your parents' approval, your family's honor...and so you decided to marry someone they chose, with all the paraphernalia."
 The words should have hurt, but his tone was rueful rather than bitter. 
"I'm sorry, Rishabh," she whispered. 
"I couldn't marry him. I don't even - know him. He's this...calm, expressionless...and I hate myself for what I did to us."
 He was watching her. 
"You shouldn't have left, Meenakshi. 
You should have married him. Didn't you say your family wanted someone staid and not wild, like me?" 
Tears pooled in her eyes.
 "I have hurt you, haven't I? That's why I couldn't marry him. I love you, Rishabh. You. Not - not some stranger I've met four time in family functions."
 "Ah, but Meenu," he said softly, "maybe he loved you, too. As I do. 
As I always will." 
She looked into his dark brown eyes, that sincere smile. 
"Do you think so?"
 "I'm quite sure of it." 
"Well, then," she said, standing up, 
"Perhaps you should take me back." 
"You want to elope? Or should I take you back to him?" She considered. 
"It doesn't matter. Either way, I'll marry someone who loves me...the way I love him."
 He grinned, and suddenly he was hers again, the serious man she'd 'met' for the first time at a family gathering six months ago, had pretended to fall in love with immediately. Her family had been overjoyed, not knowing that she'd asked her boyfriend of the past five years to act like a quiet, serious man who did not play the guitar and did not have a tattoo of a trident on his back. Meenakshi, taken in, had begun to believe that the strain of pretending to be someone else had finally driven him away. Thank God he'd come after her. 
She slipped her hand into his, felt his squeeze, as he walked her back. 
This time, she said, "I do."

the clearer sky,
the sparking light,
 hands entwined,
and US

Team Bright Artistry

Theme: The Secret Admirer

Yogesh could feel the exhaustion of the long night seeping into his bones and weighing over his weary eyelids. The other constables who had been on the night shift with him had already made their way home, but ever since he had been posted at the village three months ago, not a day had gone by without a cup of her special chai. He did not know her name for they had barely spoken, but he had come to associate the feeling of being at home, with her deep black eyes and the bright heartfelt smile with which served tea to the customers of the tea stall.

She was late that morning, and Yogesh could not help but feel uneasy. Her infallible dedication to her work was what he admired the most about her. She had never been late before, even on the most sticky hot nights and rainiest of days.

The first thing he noticed when she finally came, was the lack of bangles jingling on her wrists as she hurriedly opened the stall. He mustered the courage to walk up to her.

She smiled apologetically at him, "Sorry for being late, Hawaldaar Sahib."

She looked fresh and clean, as she always did, like the red earth washed by the first rains. The bright red ribbons on her pigtails matched the crimson vermillion mark on her forehead. Yet, something was amiss, for her smile lingered at her lips and did not reach her eyes.

He noticed a bandage plastered against her dainty wrist and asked her about it.

"Oh, it's nothing," she replied light-heartedly, "I was standing on a table to clean the fan. I lost my balance and fell, and my bangles broke."

He smiled back, but his instincts as a police officer had kicked in. Her speech sounded carefully rehearsed.

He followed her home that night, and what he saw in the dark alley outside her slum dwelling made his blood boil. She was being dragged by a sturdy man twice her size. As the faint light of a lantern illuminated the man's face, the pieces of the puzzle clicked into place.

The police had been looking for this man for months. He was the key figure in a prostitution scandal. Yogesh immediately called his colleagues and the police machinery took over, and the man was arrested.

But the sense of satisfaction that Yogesh should have felt at having accomplished his duty and being commended by his seniors, eluded him. He could not forget how bitterly the girl had cried when he was beating up her husband under the orders of his senior. When he was finally asked to stop, he could only look on helplessly as the girl continued to hiccup.

He was too ashamed to face her when her husband was taken to court.

But she surprised him. She was waiting for him with a cup of her special chai.

"You did your duty," she said quietly, "Let justice prevail."

And he fell for her once again... this time, for her sense of judgment.

Little did he know, the girl too admired him, for his righteousness and unwavering commitment. But she said nothing. Like him, she derived happiness from secretly admiring him without desire or expectations.

Team StarLights

Theme : The Star Crossed Lovers

ENDLESS LOVE

A snowflake gently descended from the sky. She sat on a bench in the middle of an endless field waiting for him. When he finally reached, he held out his hand to touch her from behind. She closed her eyes at his familiar touch, as memories of loving and being loved flooded her mind. They sat together, two souls, just as they were, in a place that wasn't shackled by time.

"Do you remember our first snowfall? She asked him softly, holding her hand out to catch and errant flake. "I'd made a wish that night. A wish for a love that was true. A wish that came true. Even though it was short and far from perfect, what we had was true, wasn't it?

The corners of his lips lifted as he pressed them against her temple. "It was true.

"Thank you. For teaching me, how to love. As her head found its home in the crook of his shoulder, a sense of relief flooded her.  

"Thank you. For loving me. He replied, his fingers pulling her closer, holding her tighter.

The sun appeared, signalling an end, and a new beginning. A new phase of their journey was beginning. Underneath the dazzling brilliance, they stood, coming face to face with each other. His dark eyed gaze tried to plead against the temptation.

"Promise me, you'll be there with me, in the next life too. Her breaking voice demanding his vow.

Giving in to the temptation, he stole her lips with his for the last time, seeing his past, present and future, in her eyes before he closed his own to savor the last moment.

"I promise. He uttered breathless but determined.

She smiled at his assurance, and gently put some distance between them. Every step back was a step further away from her heart. The man who stood and watched her. Soon she lost sight of his face, as she vanished away from his sight.

He sat down, alone, without his love. Without his, first and last love. His eternal love.

"No matter how long I have to wait, it will be worth it. Even it is a thousand years, my love is worth it. I will fulfill my promise. I will come to you. I will be with you. This time I promise, we'll stay together for eternity. He nodded to himself, with pain in his heart, but a determined smile on his face.

Revelio thumbnail
Round 2 Entries

Theme: A Rain Day Romance 

Team 2
: Serendipitous Amour
.moonglade.
bookworm-ALS--
.effervescent.

Round 2 Entry

Title : Reminiscing A Rainy Valentine's

She could sense the pleasant smell of the earth,
Hear the splash of the rain on the curb,
He saw her run out onto the street,
For the first time, his heart did skip a beat.

The night was dark, the moon out of sight,
The clouds grumbled as lightning streaked bright,
She sat by the window gazing at the splendour ,
He stood with a placard that declared his ardour !

Two souls, infallible together,
Strong like steel, delicate like a feather,
Their union, a moment cherished and savoured,
It was a wedding that the world remembered.

Blessed winds brought an umbrella to his disposal,
A grin of gratitude at her possession's retrieval,
Flushed cheeks that got him hoping and reeling, 
A word of thanks that was so full of feelings!

She could feel the soft  rain drops on her wrinkled cheeks,
A gnarled hand that drew patterns on her sleeves,
The cool breeze that gave her bones the jitters,
It was still his arms that stopped her shivers !

-----
Team- StarLights

Shining droplets fell like pearls on her face,
A storm in my heart was on the raise.
I could feel the warm blush in the cool wind,
That was what his one look did!

She loved the rains I knew,
From teenage to adulthood time flew.
And as we walked down the lane hand in hand,
The showers danced in the cool breeze like sand.

I held his hand, as cold drops drenched us,
Up on my toes, I inched,
He looked at me like he always did,
A dream I had always dreamed.

While I stood still,
My husband made the next move,
He brought his lips to mine,
A dream fulfilled!

To be loved,
To be kissed,
Just like the rain,
To the earth did!
------------------

Team Bright Artistry

As we walked home last night

In the steely moonlight,

We felt the pearly rains pattering...

The night was by us right.

Old age had caught up with us,

Time had made us cautious...

But her eyes glinted with my glee,

And my lips curved in sync with hers.

We danced and swayed, 

Serenaded by the rain,

We splished and splashed,

To the tune of our hearts.

We lay drowsy in the woody grass,

Sunk in bracken, wet and shivering...

And all agitation, all frenzy past, 

We watched the glow-worms' happy dance.

The next morning, our grandchildren chided us,

Our sons shook their heads, daughters mothered us,

And like the naughty kids that they had once been...

We found ourselves giggling at all the fuss.

Edited by ..Ramya.. - 6 years ago
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Congratulations, Team Starlights! 🥳
Loved everyone's entries. ❤️

Thank you CCs for such an awesome contest and for giving me the best team ever! effervescent (Radha) and moonglade (Ramya) you guys were so good. It was so much fun and such a great experience working with you guys 🥳🤗
Revelio thumbnail
Congratulations Team Serendipitous Amour and Team StarLights! :)
Team Bright Artistry, you were great too. It was a very tight race between you and Team StarLights.

And to all the teams, you guys did a fantastic job! :)
Khidki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Congratulations.Serendipitous Amour!
Amazing work by all!

Thank you for your wishes! So excited!

Thank you Creatives for this awesome contest.

Would love to participate in next as well!

Looking forward to the next contest for writers! Do conduct another soon!

Also,
It was amazing knowing you Alisha,
Thank you CC I found another friend in a writer here!

:)
Apple_Rush thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Congratulations Serendipitous Amour 🥳
And thanks to everyone for their wishes.

All the stories and poems are amazing. Must have been difficult for the judges to choose 😆

Thank you CCs for this amazing contest. Would love to participate in the next ones too!

P.S. Anni, it was great knowing you too. I found a new writer friend on IF! 😛
Divya6696 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Many Congratulations, Team Serendipitous Amour! Both your entries were wonderful! It was a pleasure to read them! :)
A nod of appreciation to both, Team Starlights and Team Bright Artistry for their efforts. It was indeed a close call and I'm sure the judges must've had a tough time judging.

Also, to the CCs, Kudos on the successful competition. Hope to see more! :)