Members Lounge

The yellow festival: Happy Vasant Panchami

Phenyl thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Vasant Panchami also known as Basant Panchami marks the beginning of Spring in India. It is celebrated during the Indian calendar month of Magha which falls during January or February. Vasant means spring and Panchami means the fifth day. It is celebrated on the fifth day of the auspicious month. Vasant Panchami is the first of the two spring festivals of Hinduism, the other being Holi.

It is celebrated in different ways. Most commonly devotees visit the temple of the goddess Saraswati who is the goddess of learning, arts and music and celebrate the day as Saraswati Pooja. Some people mark it as the festival of Kama-the deity of love. It is believed to be the day when Parvati approached Kama to awaken Lord Shiva who was in yogic meditation since Maha Shivratri. People wear yellow clothes and eat yellow rice to emulate the yellow mustard flower fields. Vasant Panchami also marks the start of preparation for Holi, which is celebrated forty days later.

Spring is the season of joy. After harsh winters where the leaves wither away Spring comes and everything becomes beautiful again. To start this season with positivity five members from the Crazy Creatives team have shared with us a moment of happiness from their lives:

.-Amethyst-. :

One moment of happiness would be our family gathering a few years ago. That vacation was absolutely memorable as we went hiking and had a good time together. It was a good break from the daily secluded life we all have.

_Meena_ :

One moment of happiness in my life was when I became independent from my college times. I learned it the hard way as to how to live on my own. I loved the transformation of independence and I think every girl should definitely try it out as well.

-RD- :

One moment of happiness would be me getting a chance to pursue my higher education in an ivy league institution in the UK.

Sonatia :

It it was a random trip which was planned all of a sudden with a bunch of school friends and their families to Digha. It was one week stay. I was so happy and may be happiest because it came like a surprise. We remember taking the whole bus on our head during the whole journey.and in the hotel there was a place you can chill out and a yard near to play. So we took the hotel in our head as well. Our parents could not stop our madness. Playing badminton and other games being a bunch of indisciplined kids. And it was just perfect. At night sitting by the sea side and the breeze driving us crazy, chatting about boys and Bollywood. All i can say it was full on craziness and positivity. And nothing was missing. Hell I want it back in my life.

-Tulips- :

There have been various moments in my life that gave me immense happiness but the moment which gave me unforgettable happiness was the day my son was born. After his birth, he was crying but the moment he saw me, for some reason he stopped crying. I still remember his tiny button shaped eyes. Those were truly the best moments in my life.

Well, positivity is everywhere. We have to but look past our temporary problems to recognize the endless joy life has to offer. ðŸ˜ƒ From us, at Crazy Creatives, here's wishing you a very happy Vasant Panchami!

Credits:

| ..Ramya.. | Radhikerani |

| Ranbirrocks | ..Acciona23.. | OtakuGirl-Debo |

Also thanks to pancakes for the lovely graphics,

Edited by -RD- - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful post and graphics. ðŸ˜Š Best wishes to all who celebrate this festive season.
HateMee thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wish you a very Happy Basant Panchami and Saraswati Puja... stay blessed
pillowtalk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Happy Basant Panchami CC team... Beautiful work
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
"May Goddess Saraswati,
who is fair like the jasmine-colored moon,
and whose pure white garland is like frosty dew drops;
who is adorned in radiant white attire,
on whose beautiful arm rests the veena,
and whose throne is a white lotus;
who is surrounded and respected by the Gods, protect me.
May you fully remove my lethargy, sluggishness, and ignorance."
HateMee thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
here in Punjab we're gonna fly kites  Today 
Shades_Of_Ice thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

All around are beautiful sights,
Flowers, birds, sweets and kites,
Basant Panchami truly delights!
Happy Basant Panchami!

Have a happy Vasant Panchami!😉

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Happy Vasant Panchami to all who're celebrating!

P.S. Lovely write-up and beautiful graphics they're! <3
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Happy Vasant Pauchami to All. 
Riddhima_Pandit thumbnail
Happy Basant panchami to all forum member