Being a vegetarian is better...? - Page 4

Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by Buffie

AND if I'm not mistakes,Soya Milk/Soya food is considered to be the best substitute for animal protein....πŸ€”

I dont have a choice,I'm a vegetarian and will always be one...

Exactly Buffie. That was my point. Soya and other food can be substituted for animal protein whereas non vegetarians eat meat. It is all about choice. That is why I said that arguing that being vegetarian is better is subjective.

Originally posted by lighthouse

We have facial hair too... 

Vegeterians can get protein from various non animal sources and be just as strong and live healthy lives.

Agree it is subjective but I  don't understand some non veg ppl who choose to be vegeterian on certain days of the week or during religious days like Navratri.

Why facial hair we have nails, appendix too.

Since we have omnivorous set of teeth it is easier to chew vegetarian and non vegetarian food (pointed set would help).

For the next para I have already replied in my previous post to Buffie.

There is nothing wrong if one wants to be vegetarian on religious days. There are some who follow vegetarian lifestyle because religion says so and there are some who enjoy non-veg but try to be vegetarians on holy days. Non-vegetarians don't eat meat 24/7. There are days when they eat only vegetarian food other than Navratri days. It is a personal preference.

Originally posted by bigmouth

Maya jii, balanced diets are in books, but they don't work for every human being. Everyone has their own body system, so this way, in order to stay healthy, a person who has been a vegetarian their whole life (like me) would probably throw up after trying some fish😳 That's not healthy, is it?πŸ˜‰ On the other hand, a non-vegetarian would love to have some fish and it would provide much proteins for them.

Now there's no such thing as "better" in cases like these...being a veggie works for some && some can't live without their meatπŸ˜‰

Cheers,
Himani

Himani, In my post I never mentioned one is better than the other. It was a rebuttal to some previous posts which glorified vegetarianism as better. I was arguing the same way as you are that it is a personal choice. As long as we are having a balanced diet and animal protein is substituted by other products we are fine.

Originally posted by Maya_M

Himani, In my post I never mentioned one is better than the other. It was a rebuttal to some previous posts which glorified vegetarianism as better. I was arguing the same way as you are that it is a personal choice. As long as we are having a balanced diet and animal protein is substituted by other products we are fine.

oh my bad😳 but yeh that makes sense to me😊

Originally posted by Maya_M

We have omnivorous set of teeth. According to me a balanced diet should comprise of vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. Vegetarians need extra intake to build up the lack of nutrients provided by animal protein. As long as we take a balanced diet it doesn't matter. The argument that being vegetarian is best is subjective.

I am quoting my own post to clear confusion to those who thought that I am condemning vegetarianism. The highlighted part means as long as we have balanced diet, it can be just vegetarian food along with all necessary nutrients and it can be non-vegetarian food along with veggies. A non-vegetarian person doesn't eat meat 24/7. Being non-vegetarian means the person consumes animal products like Milk, Meat, Eggs and Fish etc. It can be just once a month too.

well-said Maya.

"Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you!" πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Tommy Smothers
I think we have enough research, proofs to say that vegetarian food is better and the best of all....
Common as i said before just see when they r killing an animal in a butcher shop just for ur taste. If you have kindness in you, you will surely say No to meat, just try it and imagine someone killing Your beloved for delicious food in front of you..... 😭
And I m proud to say that I am a vegetarian now 😳
yes maya i agree...the arguement is subjective

and anyways, God made all things living.
so do we have the right to say what is right to kill and what is not?
p.s. sorri for bringin forth an old topic πŸ˜›

Originally posted by savie

I think we have enough research, proofs to say that vegetarian food is better and the best of all....
Common as i said before just see when they r killing an animal in a butcher shop just for ur taste. If you have kindness in you, you will surely say No to meat, just try it and imagine someone killing Your beloved for delicious food in front of you..... 😭
And I m proud to say that I am a vegetarian now 😳

This is called the food chain my dear...we kill animals to eat them to keep the balance of the ecosystem...its not about how you feel about an animal being killed (have u never killed an insect?)...its to balance the ecosystem...we are right on the top of the food chain...so to balance everything we need to eat animals as well...but again its a personal choice