Let's discuss Parchayee

~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Whether these sayings hold true for Saba and Pari only time will tell.  A helpless mother still coming to terms with her beloved's death unable to meet her daughter's needs much less her own.  A naive daughter who is still mourning the loss of her father, yet is unable to comprehend the complex dynamics in which her life has taken a drastic turn.  A powerless grandfather unable to see his granddaughter's tears and his daughter's grief.  The first three episodes of Parchayee made me incredibly sad for both Saba and Pari.  Saba was the queen of her castle until her husband was alive. She's now been plunked along with her daughter as a burden on her brother and sister-in-law.  This drama should teach society the importance of educating daughters and enabling them to be self-sufficient in life.  Had Saba been independent and capable of fulfilling Pari's needs, no one would've persuaded Saba into marriage against her own sentiments.  I have a strong feeling the equation will change between mother and daughter after the marriage.  Will Saba be able to take Pari with her to her new home?  I have my doubts. ðŸ’”  Her priorities will change forcefully once she marries Khanwar Mehmood. ðŸ˜­
Edited by ~DaZZ|ing~ - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amivp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
DAZZ, your writing is very beautiful.
You summed up 3 episodes so very nicely.
I am extremely sad after watching the 3rd episode. Mom and daughter scene was heart wrenching.
My heart cries for Saba. How can she move on in life and that too this fast????

I am with you about educating daughters.
ALso, I feel that people should invest in some kind of life insurance so that family is covered financially after death.

I have feeling that Khanwar doesn't know about Pari and it will be difficult for him to accept Pari.

This is another emotional roller-coaster ride.

BTW, it was tough for me to see Zubi's mom in this kind of role, but I know afterall this is just job for actors.

Saba's real name is Sabreen Hisbani

Teasers says it all about our feelings:

Edited by amivp - 6 years ago
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Originally posted by: amivp

DAZZ, your writing is very beautiful.
You summed up 3 episodes so very nicely.
I am extremely sad after watching the 3rd episode. Mom and daughter scene was heart wrenching.
My heart cries for Saba. How can she move on in life and that too this fast????

I am with you about educating daughters.
ALso, I feel that people should invest in some kind of life insurance so that family is covered financially after death.

I have feeling that Khanwar doesn't know about Pari and it will be difficult for him to accept Pari.

This is another emotional roller-coaster ride.

BTW, it was tough for me to see Zubi's mom in this kind of role, but I know afterall this is just job for actors.

Saba's real name is Sabreen Hisbani

Teasers says it all about our feelings:

Thank you, Ami! ðŸ¤—  Oh boy, we're in for an emotional roller coaster seeing these new teasers. ðŸ˜­  I can't imagine any circumstance that would force a mother to abandon her daughter.  If she married for the sake of her daughter, why is she staying in this marriage with these absurd impositions?  Nobody's opinion matters more than her own daughter's well-being. ðŸ˜’  I wish women were stronger in the South Asian culture than what's demonstrated in Indian serials and Pakistani dramas. ðŸ˜³  I honestly feel Saba was better off taking her daughter to a shelter for abandoned women than marrying against her happiness. 
AvaniVrinda thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ohhh seems to be a very emotional and sad story 😭
And this time i cant go through wiki before hand to see things going better like i did for yakeen ka safar!!
Not sure if i can handle this one too :(Edited by AvaniVrinda - 6 years ago
amivp thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~DaZZ|ing~

Thank you, Ami! ðŸ¤—  Oh boy, we're in for an emotional roller coaster seeing these new teasers. ðŸ˜­  I can't imagine any circumstance that would force a mother to abandon her daughter.  If she married for the sake of her daughter, why is she staying in this marriage with these absurd impositions?  Nobody's opinion matters more than her own daughter's well-being. ðŸ˜’  I wish women were stronger in the South Asian culture than what's demonstrated in Indian serials and Pakistani dramas. ðŸ˜³  I honestly feel Saba was better off taking her daughter to a shelter for abandoned women than marrying against her happiness. 

I think Saba will choose her daughter instead of staying with Khanwar after marriage.
I feel that she will go back to her brother's place but her dad will emotional blackmail her and Pari also won't be ready to forgive her. One or the other situation will force her to go back to her second husband.
I agree with you, in this age and time, I didn't expect this kind of forced marriage. Saba needs to be really strong. Well she speaks where needed but then easily gives in her dad's wishes. I see fire in Pari. Let us see how she turns out to be.

I don't understand Khanwar, he himself has 2 kids and expect Saba to accept both of them, why can't he accept Pari???

Edited by amivp - 6 years ago
amivp thumbnail
Originally posted by: AvaniVrinda

Ohhh seems to be a very emotional and sad story 😭
And this time i cant go through wiki before hand to see things going better like i did for yakeen ka safar!!
Not sure if i can handle this one too :(

Avani,  I tried looking more information about this series but not able to find anything not even the length of the series.

May be you can wait for few more weeks and then decide. It seems that there will be love story between Saad and Pari.

~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

I think Saba will choose her daughter instead of staying with Khanwar after marriage.
I feel that she will go back to her brother's place but her dad will emotional blackmail her and Pari also won't be ready to forgive her. One or the other situation will force her to go back to her second husband.
I agree with you, in this age and time, I didn't expect this kind of forced marriage. Saba needs to be really strong. Well she speaks where needed but then easily gives in her dad's wishes. I see fire in Pari. Let us see how she turns out to be.

I don't understand Khanwar, he himself has 2 kids and expect Saba to accept both of them, why can't he accept Pari???

Because he's the typical desi man - a hypocrite with double standards. ðŸ˜¡  I don't understand the emotional blackmail myself. ðŸ˜•  Her father made her life even more miserable by creating this drift between her and her daughter!  Where will Pari go in this situation?  Her aunt isn't keen on keeping her in the house out of fear of any attachment to her son.
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

Avani,  I tried looking more information about this series but not able to find anything not even the length of the series.

May be you can wait for few more weeks and then decide. It seems that there will be love story between Saad and Pari.

Avani, I'm sure the ending will be promising.  I can't imagine this story being heartbreaking to that extent.  There has to be a silver lining in the cloud. ðŸ˜³
AvaniVrinda thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~DaZZ|ing~

Avani, I'm sure the ending will be promising. I can't imagine this story being heartbreaking to that extent. There has to be a silver lining in the cloud.😳

Yes Ami and Dazz. Anyway this week i couldn't so will wait for sometime more.
Also i had thought daughter is a small kid here after seeing video realised that's not case :)
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Originally posted by: AvaniVrinda

Yes Ami and Dazz. Anyway this week i couldn't so will wait for sometime more.
Also i had thought daughter is a small kid here after seeing video realised that's not case :)

Pari wants to go to medical school on the show.  By that measure, she should either be seventeen or eighteen in age. ðŸ˜³