Jedi of CC
Joined: 17 December 2012
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." -Albert Einstein
Though people are a p u z z l e themselves, they love deciphering puzzles. Curiosity is one of humans' amazing trait that drives to various discoveries, inventions, progress and of course, complications. We are all mostly inquisitive by nature, sometimes meddlesome and often love mysteries. It is the unknown that draws people. The reason why people love mystery novels, series and things like that are primarily because of their ardent yearning to decode the puzzle; to decipher the unknown.
We, the CCs, are crazy and we love surprising our members on their birthdays. We know you love crime stories because of the sheer pleasure it gives you while you solve it along with the detective. To please the investigator in you and to make your virtual birthday party a little more spicy, we are putting you on the hot seat.
Yes! You heard it right Megha. You are going to be grilled and roasted.
Here are a few crime/mystery riddles we have picked up (from Google, of course) for you to interpret. And we know you are going to have arrant f u n doing it.
The rules are simple. Just read, analyse and decode. Remember, no cheating and that of course involves you not Google-ing the answer.
And clues? Let's see!
There you go! Your riddles are here!
1. Two girls ate dinner together and both ordered iced tea. One girl drank them very fast and had finished five in the time it took the other to drink just one. The girl who drank one died while the other survived. All of the drinks were poisoned. How did the girl who drank the most survive?
2. A wealthy man lives alone in a small cottage. Being partially handicapped, he had everything delivered to his cottage. The mail man was delivering a letter one Thursday when he noticed that the front door was ajar. Through the opening he could see the man's body lying in a pool of dried blood. When a police officer arrived he surveyed the scene. On the porch were two bottles of warm milk, Monday's newspaper, a catalogue, flyers, and an unopened mail. The police officer suspects it was foul play. Who does he suspect and why?
3. A man was found dead with a cassette recorder in one hand and a gun in the other. When the police came in, they immediately pressed the play button on the cassette. He said "I have nothing else to live for. I can't go on", then the sound of a gunshot. After listening to the cassette tape, the police knew that it was not a suicide, but a homicide. How did they know?
4. A detective who was mere days away from cracking an international oil smuggling ring has suddenly gone missing. While inspecting his last-known location, officers find a note: 710 57735 34 5508 51 7718. Currently there are 3 suspects: Bill, John, and Todd. Can you break the detective's code and find the criminal's name?
5. One snowy night, Sherlock Holmes was in his house sitting by a fire. All of a sudden a snowball came crashing through his window, breaking it. Holmes got up and looked out the window just in time to see three neighbourhood kids who were brothers run around a corner. Their names were John Crimson, Mark Crimson and Paul Crimson.
The next day Holmes got a note on his door that read "? Crimson. He broke your window." Which of the three Crimson brothers should Sherlock Holmes question about the incident?
6. Galaxy Detective Karamchand was on a case. A spaceship was lost. Her partner, Galaxy Junior Detective Brightstar gave her a piece of paper. This was the location of the spaceship!
This is what the slip had scribbled on it: Juice, Umbrella, Potato, Ice, Tomato, Elephant, Rice.
Where is the spaceship?
7. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: the first is full of raging fires; the second, assassins with loaded guns; and the third, lions who haven't eaten in years. Which room is the safest?
8. A couple reported a robbery. The husband told the policeman, that he thinks that the burglar presumably entered the house by breaking through the window, pointing to the broken window glasses on the outside of the house. The policeman noticed that the inside of the house had only a few tiny pieces of window glass particles scattered around near the broken window area and told him that it was not a burglary and no outsider has entered his house through that window. What made the policeman so sure?
9. Every day, a man used to cross the border on a bicycle with two bags of sand. The border officers got a tip that he is a smuggler. So the customs officers checked his bags and found they had only sand. As they could not find any evidence, they allowed him to cross the border. So, what was the man smuggling?
10. A Japanese ship was en route to the open sea. The captain went for a shower removing his ring and keeping it on the table. When he returned, he found it had gone missing. The captain immediately called the three suspected crew members and asked each one where they were and what were they doing in the last 15 minutes.
The cook said, "I was in fridge room getting meat for cooking."
The Engineer said, "I was working on generator engine."
The seaman said, "I was on the mast correcting the flag which was upside down by mistake."
The radio officer said, "I was messaging to a company about the arrival."
The navigation officer said, "I was sleeping in my cabin."
The captain immediately caught the thief. Who was the thief and How did the captain identify him so quickly?
Pheww! Hope that tickled your grey cells and you had fun.
Now you can sit back and enjoy the party! Whilst also being honest and telling us how many criminal riddles you solved without cheating??
The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:
...OohLaLa..., Confused_Soul, -Tulips-, rai-kishori., .sweetchick., MinzPie, Ranbirrocks,
Jedi of CC
Joined: 01 July 2010
The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:
...OohLaLa..., -Strikhedonia-, Confused_Soul, MsChanadlerBong, rai-kishori., .sweetchick., -Tulips-, MinzPie,
Joined: 15 August 2006
Stormtrooper of CC
Joined: 18 February 2012
Jedi of CC
Joined: 01 July 2010
Captain Javitri, FFG Cupids
Joined: 31 August 2011
Stormtrooper of CC, FFG Cupids
Joined: 12 July 2013
Joined: 25 May 2015
***Fashionable Birthday Glamour - Happy Birthday Preetz!!!***
Author: Athene Replies: 23 Views: 3767
|Athene||23||3767||01 May 2015 at 5:21am by NandiniRaizadaa|
Bradley and Associates Fraud Criminal Defense Law: Ohio Attorneys
Author: georgepark Replies: 0 Views: 285
|georgepark||0||285||19 June 2014 at 4:31am by georgepark|
*|* Happy Happy Teachers Day in India ! *|*
Author: *Dev.* Replies: 43 Views: 11458
|*Dev.*||43||11458||08 September 2013 at 8:51am by Nisha_Rayezada|
|| Happy Diwali & Happy New Year ||
Author: Cutiepie Rani Replies: 82 Views: 24766
|Cutiepie Rani||82||24766||16 November 2012 at 11:27am by shanti05|
PD bulletin….New Criminal Scheme Aimed at WOMEN….
Author: sadhna1 Replies: 7 Views: 671
|sadhna1||7||671||22 June 2009 at 2:16pm by mariaa.xo|
Popular Channels :
Quick Links :