Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FelixFelicis thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
I think most celebs feel having an air about them and a starry attitude is a necessary requirement for the job. As soon as you're in the idiot box...you gotta have the following...hedonistic lifestyle, designer outfits, airport looks, opinions about world events you don't understand, pouts, twitter followers and last but not the least, a starry attitude πŸ˜‰ Very few can resist falling into this trap so huge respect to those who remain grounded, polite and accessible even after tasting fame! I recently saw an interview of Manav Kaul with Komal Nahta and was so impressed to see how down-to-earth and simple he was! No airs whatsoever! Even Nahta was flummoxed πŸ˜†Edited by FelixFelicis - 6 years ago
GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: FelixFelicis

I think most celebs feel having an air about them and a starry attitude is a necessary requirement for the job. As soon as you're in the idiot box...you gotta have the following...hedonistic lifestyle, designer outfits, airport looks, opinions about world events you don't understand, pouts, twitter followers and last but not the least, a starry attitude πŸ˜‰ Very few can resist falling into this trap so huge respect to those who remain grounded, polite and accessible even after tasting fame! I recently saw an interview of Manav Kaul with Komal Nahta and was so impressed to see how down-to-earth and simple he was! No airs whatsoever! Even Nahta was flummoxed πŸ˜†

You'll like him even more after watching this interview. Watch from 1:05 to 5:00. It seems the interviewer (Probably a right winger) was disappointed listening to his answer. πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT6hieqwu34[/YOUTUBE]
K.Ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: FelixFelicis

Didn't know Rishi was in JTHJ... I've never met him, but my friend hosted him at the London School of Economics when he came to give a talk there. She found him to be extremely sexist...stating that he'd never have allowed his daughter in films, good that she's traditional & married etc but happy for RK...he's young, successful and is enjoying his life...whatever he meant by that πŸ˜•

Rishi and Neetu had a cameo. I believe Neetu was Kats mom who left her or something.
That farm/orchard kind of portion if you managed to watch that movie πŸ˜† was shot near my town.

Rishi is very sexist but at least with fans he obliged for pictures and that's sweet.

I saw Yuvraj at Heathrow once and he was nice to fans. He is super tall and huge. That was like 5 years ago now.
djoker thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Peanutbolt

This is so sweet <3 <3 Varun seems to be a darling 

he is actually sweet which i dint expect of him
funny thing was before this i wasnt really his fanπŸ˜†
djoker thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LeadNitrate

When you sre surrounded by people saying yes all the time
Fawning over you and catering to your every whim

You lose sight of the most important things

Srk has been famous for over 25 yrs now
You never hear any such story from him

I once tried to meet a DAnce India Dance star from early season. She was being soo pricey and busy, bothered to reply onoy when I said I am in europe and interested to organise a workshop wirh you

My dad was livid with me for acting like a starry eyes fool

That was like 5/6 yrs back.

I am totally meh on any celebrity

I pay to watch them and that's it

So totally understand most celebs will be lose

these reality stars have a lot more airs and starry attitudes than others lol te ones from saregamapa did etcπŸ˜†
FelixFelicis thumbnail

Originally posted by: hantel

You'll like him even more after watching this interview. Watch from 1:05 to 5:00. It seems the interviewer (Probably a right winger) was disappointed listening to his answer.πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT6hieqwu34[/YOUTUBE]

Wow! In his own simple way, he explains the point so well...that playing the blame-game will never result in a peaceful solution and ulta, will corrupt and jeopardize kids. And as someone from Kashmir, he actually knows the whole back story and the repercussions of everything that happened. The interviewer didn't get what he was looking for πŸ˜† Also, its so refreshing to hear them speak in chaste hindi πŸ‘
Mira25 thumbnail
The celebrity worship culture is a strange relationship where  the emotional investment is lopsided to the point where one party doesn't even know the other and the other cares about the one party greatly.

The famous don't care about the fan, they merely care about what they can get from the fan. But the famous often tell them the opposite, as that's the image from which they are going to benefit.

If they knew their entire career and life depended on some people then they'll care about them not because they love them but because they have to make sure the emotional investment leads to financial investment from the fan. Hypocrisy is the word and everyone concerned seems fine with it.

Edited by Mira25 - 6 years ago
FelixFelicis thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mira25

The celebrity worship culture is a strange relationship where the emotional investment is lopsided to the point where one party doesn't even know the other and the other cares about the one party greatly.

The famous don't care about the fan, they merely care about what they can get from the fan. Butthe famous often tell them the opposite, as that's the image from which they are going to benefit.

If they knew their entire career and life depended on some people then they'll care about them not because they love them but because they have to make sure the emotional investment leads to financial investment from the fan. Hypocrisy is the word and everyone concerned seems fine with it.

Good analysis! In most cases, its an image they want to preserve and hence the show of affection when they are addressing fans through a wide media channel. In one on one interactions, there is less pressure...as most would think...ek se kya farak parega. However, respect for those who still maintain politeness and behave well. Fans, on their part, can follow stars as much as they like provided they understand what you've said...that on an individual basis, they don't mean much to the star concerned. As long as its about getting entertainment from watching a particular star, all fine and dandy. But when fans get deluded that their star actually feels for them, knows them, is faultless, is a demi-god and so forth, and then start doing stupid stunts like contemplating suicide if they cannot buy their first day, first show ticket etc...thats when you know its a lost case πŸ˜ƒ
nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
there aren't many pictures I've seen of anushka with fans
FelixFelicis thumbnail

Originally posted by: nonam

there aren't many pictures I've seen of anushka with fans

I don't think she likes clicking pictures with fans much. I recently read an iv of hers where she says she doesn't know why she has to smile and oblige fans in photos...