Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vmanoh thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Akka, 
Wishing you a very belated birthday & that too from someone you have not interacted with before.
That's because I was a very silent reader of the JA forum & stumbled upon it only when I was desperately trying to understand the conversations of the serial as I do not know Hindi.

Seeing Sandy mention my name on her post above I took this chance to introduce myself & to say how much I have enjoyed your writing on the JA forum. Your write up of the ' Butterfly effect' is saved on my lap top. I love anything historical & currently the only one I'm following on IF is Lashy's HBAS. 

I migrated from SL long back & live in Toronto. I believe Canada was the last Diplomatic post you held prior to returning to India. I'm aware of your current health predicament with your hands & not expecting a response. Just wanted to wish you all the best with a healthy life and also to thank you for those wonderful discussions in the past.

Best regards
Vathsy
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear Vathsy,

It is very thoughtful of  you to give me a pass on responding to your  warm post, which pepped me up specially because of the reference to my Sunlight on a Butterfly's Wings  piece. That is one of my all time favourites,  but somehow most of my readers prefer the more heavy duty emotional ones, and so  I was very pleased to have you on my side, so to speak!

It is tough to type  these days, but still, I have always followed the maxim that if a reader takes the trouble to write in, she or he needs to be acknowledged and replied to, and besides I enjoy doing the responses. I had tried to do  this even when the flood of posts on my almost daily threads, in the prime of my Jodha Akbar days, threatened to drown me, and I was inundated with e-tears from the likes of Sandhya and a whole bunch of others when I got late with my replies to their comments.😉

I am really sorry that you spent  your Jodha Akbar days incognito, for I would have loved to have had you in the group of "my girls", "girls" being an elastic concept to  cover all ages!😉 If and when I start writing again, be forewarned that I will not accept any excuses, and you will have to be there, visible to all from the beginning! Let us see if that ever happens.

For now, thanks a  lot for  your much needed good wishes for my health to improve, and warm regards from,

Shyamala Akka

PS: Yes, I was the High Commissioner of India to Canada in my last diplomatic post. We have a Consulate General in Toronto, and also in Vancouver, besides the Embassy in Ottawa. I had the good fortune to be able to travel all over the Canadian landmass, right up to Resolute Island in the far north, and I loved it all. 

Originally posted by: Vmanoh

Akka, 

Wishing you a very belated birthday & that too from someone you have not interacted with before.
That's because I was a very silent reader of the JA forum & stumbled upon it only when I was desperately trying to understand the conversations of the serial as I do not know Hindi.

Seeing Sandy mention my name on her post above I took this chance to introduce myself & to say how much I have enjoyed your writing on the JA forum. Your write up of the ' Butterfly effect' is saved on my lap top. I love anything historical & currently the only one I'm following on IF is Lashy's HBAS. 

I migrated from SL long back & live in Toronto. I believe Canada was the last Diplomatic post you held prior to returning to India. I'm aware of your current health predicament with your hands & not expecting a response. Just wanted to wish you all the best with a healthy life and also to thank you for those wonderful discussions in the past.

Best regards
Vathsy

Vmanoh thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sashashyam

My dear Vathsy,

It is very thoughtful of  you to give me a pass on responding to your  warm post, which pepped me up specially because of the reference to my Sunlight on a Butterfly's Wings  piece. That is one of my all time favourites,  but somehow most of my readers prefer the more heavy duty emotional ones, and so  I was very pleased to have you on my side, so to speak!

It is tough to type  these days, but still, I have always followed the maxim that if a reader takes the trouble to write in, she or he needs to be acknowledged and replied to, and besides I enjoy doing the responses. I had tried to do  this even when the flood of posts on my almost daily threads, in the prime of my Jodha Akbar days, threatened to drown me, and I was inundated with e-tears from the likes of Sandhya and a whole bunch of others when I got late with my replies to their comments.😉

I am really sorry that you spent  your Jodha Akbar days incognito, for I would have loved to have had you in the group of "my girls", "girls" being an elastic concept to  cover all ages!😉 If and when I start writing again, be forewarned that I will not accept any excuses, and you will have to be there, visible to all from the beginning! Let us see if that ever happens.

For now, thanks a  lot for  your much needed good wishes for my health to improve, and warm regards from,

Shyamala Akka

PS: Yes, I was the High Commissioner of India to Canada in my last diplomatic post. We have a Consulate General in Toronto, and also in Vancouver, besides the Embassy in Ottawa. I had the good fortune to be able to travel all over the Canadian landmass, right up to Resolute Island in the far north, and I loved it all. 

Akka,

A heartfelt thank you for your response which as I had already mentioned was not needed under your health situation. I had seen your like & was quite happy with it. 😊

I will take your fore warning and be there in visible form and the pleasure would all be mine when the time comes that you are able to write regularly.  I ardently pray it is sooner than later as I know that all your "girls" will be more than happy to have you back  amongst them. Lashy brought me out of the incognito mode and now I enjoy participating in the discussions in her HBAS thread.😃

Resolute, Nunavut -  Not sure if I will ever make it to this north most inhabited community in Canada but I have chalked up the northern lights on my bucket list. 😆

Wishing you a healthy & wonderful 2018.

Best Regards,

Vathsy

Edited by Vmanoh - 6 years ago
melovesja thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sashashyam

Thank you so much, my dear Mitali! It feels so nice to be back with you and the rest again.

You are a clever girl to concentrate of the good health part, for that is the single  most important thing for me right now!

Take care, my dear, and God bless.

Shyamala Aunty

😊 Almighty must showers you with best and continuing to do so with his hands full but along with that I wish he blessed with good health at first and send you back to us. How we all miss you  and i even miss your words on Lashy's HBAS too. All of us enjoy a lot , not only your words but your company too and wish  you enjoy life to the fullest.
your heart felt letter to us was so touchy and treaser to keep in.❤️ take care.
Edited by melovesja - 6 years ago