India-Forums

Hollywood Movies & Stars
Hollywood Movies & Stars

X-Men Dark Phoenix : FIRST LOOK : Sophie Turner & Jenifer Lawrence

Dark_Phoenix Goldie
Dark_Phoenix
Dark_Phoenix

Posted: 08 December 2017 at 9:04am | IP Logged
With bollywood heroines falling to rise above mediocrity Hollywood seems to be taking risks in putting big money in strong women oriented films...After wonder woman, here comes the first look of X-Men Dark Phoeinx its hell amazing...n m sure Sophie Turner n Jenifer Lawrence gonna destroy all bollywood actresses next year for sure

Edited by Vissh_Kanya - 08 December 2017 at 11:04pm

Mutant_n_Proud Groupbie
Mutant_n_Proud
Mutant_n_Proud

Posted: 08 December 2017 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Destroy Bollywood ? BW isn't even 10% of business HW makes since these films target worldwide audiences while bollywood films do limited business in overseas. the comparison is itself baseless..
now coming to the topic, I couldn't resist commenting as it features my fav actress JL .. well rumours r rife that this is her last appearance in X_men films. infact she does in the film protecting charles x xavier (james mcvoy) from dark phoenix (jean grey/sophie turner)

one image has been released which confirms that one member from the team dies and this sucks because it does feel bad in theater when you see any member from the team (they all r good) to actually die. and if mystique dies, it would be the most painful moment of all...perhaps she returned only for a cameo as her contract was expired..but at the moment..just hoping its a rumour
Dark_Phoenix Goldie
Dark_Phoenix
Dark_Phoenix

Posted: 08 December 2017 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
I liked it...i don't know if it can do really well..but the posters are nice and especially i want more movies to come out on women empowerment 
Dark_Phoenix Goldie
Dark_Phoenix
Dark_Phoenix

Posted: 08 December 2017 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
I hope for the JL's sake, It does well...I only started liking her after X-Men first class...In that film she stood out from all the strongest actors even if her role was not that powerful. also her screen time was limited. she did an amazing job. and of course DOFP n apocalypse cemented her status more. 
ErisedWitch45 Goldie
ErisedWitch45
ErisedWitch45

Posted: 13 December 2017 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Wonder woman has actually been somewhat of a turning point in HW for women oriented super-hero movies. Since HW had always been shy of making female super-heroes baring Cat woman which did miserably. Since WW worked wonders, HW is getting more and more confident about producing such films. It's funny how when male-dominant movies fail, HW doesn't get scared or stop making them yet a couple of female superheroes movie failed and they completely abandoned ship.
That being said, I am super excited about The Phoenix. Thanks for sharing.

BW - I see quite a few actresses trying to do women oriented movies or trying to go the Kangana, Vidya way. A lot of these new-gen actresses are going for such movies. Problem is most of them don't have the acting abilities to pull it off. What they have is a famous surname. But that's a story for another (more relevant) thread.

Though BW is making some tiny steps - nowadays we do see women oriented movies compared to say 15 years back when women were majorly arm-candies

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mutant_n_Proud

Mutant_n_Proud Groupbie
Mutant_n_Proud
Mutant_n_Proud

Posted: 14 December 2017 at 12:55am | IP Logged
I really don't know why there's so much negativity for the film...
Americans r going shit as they r already convinced that this film shall not do justice to comic book version...

well i am an Indian so I can't take a judgement call but I'm really looking forward to this film..i think its going to be great and really hope the world appreciates it. 

ErisedWitch45 Goldie
ErisedWitch45
ErisedWitch45

Posted: 14 December 2017 at 7:48am | IP Logged
I don't know what the negativity is about. Mystique is my favorite character from X-men, long back when I used to watch the animated versions - X-men and X-men Evolution. Plus JLaw is awesome at portraying her. Jean Grey turning dark (what we saw in Last stand) seems exciting. I am a bit ... meh.. about Sophie Turner though.
I read somewhere that Jessica Chastain will be an antagonist. I love her. I saw a couple of movies with her in it - found her quite good esp as an antagonist in Crimson Peaks.
Dark_Phoenix Goldie
Dark_Phoenix
Dark_Phoenix

Posted: 14 December 2017 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Its a fact many people hate JL similar the way many people hate Kangana here..but they both r good actresses...
coming to Mystique..i think she's portrayed as a villian in mostly comics but in films esp Apocalypse she was the hero..I like her as an actress 

and i really hope this movie turns out to be good becoz lets face it acopalyse was crap at so many levels esp hard to believe it was directed by singer.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top