Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 2:41am | IP Logged
IF ki Taaza Khabar

Kehdo Ki Tum Mere Dil Meh Rahoge Kehdo Ke Tum Muhjse Dosti Karoge, Kehdo Ki Tum Mere Dil Meh Rahoge Kehdo Ke Tum Muhjse Dosti Karoge, Dhekoongi, Sochoongi , Kal Parso Kuch Kahoongi..Now before I start to sing another verse , let me say Humse Dosti Karoge! In spirit of the 3 year aniversary of India-Forums, the Devolpment Team re-launhched this contest(as this was launched before). India-Forums is growing with new members day by day. And I am ccertain these new members would like to meet and interact with old members here!

Uh-oh oreo! Our favorite actor, Shahrukh Khan brings trouble! KBC is all ready to air on December 25, at 9:00 on Star TV.

Aisa Des Hai Mera section is very sad right now. Par why Because Aisa Des Hai Mera is ending. Orgianlly Ek ladki was ending. But Ek Ladki has gotten an extenstion and is now continueing! Kaajal-ians are very excited!Par why? Well because Chetan Hansraj, who played Garv in hit serial Kkusum and Josh in  Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai, is soon to enter Kaajal as Dhruv Bhaiya! discuss here! On December 12,2005 members of the KavyAnjali forum declared Decmember 12 international Ejaz Khan day! So as December 12 just passed they were celebrating! Join in the fun!

So what are you waiting for? Come join the fun only at India-Forums-#1 Indian TV Discussion Forum

Tellydom Tidbits

Thodi Khushi Thode Gham : Women in the house ask for their rights much to bapuji's shock! Bapuji comes up with a new scheme and gives all his property under bitto's name as a trust so he can't distribute the property among any family members. He declared Amar, Manoj, and Karan the trustees. To this, Hetal is very dismay and is ready to fight against bapuji's rules and terms even harder!

Saat Phere : It's Jiji's birthday and Brijesh has thrown a party. There Jiji has called Katri to kill Tara with her poisionous nails. At the party, Jiji's true face is shown by Brijesh. Tara runs up to the terrance and finds Katri right behind her. Tara screams as Katri tries to come close. Saloni and family run up stairs. Saloni saves Tara but gets scratched by Katri instead. Jiji delivers a baby boy but Saloni is still critical. Hours later doctors say Saloni has gone into coma! Read More...

IF ki Voice

Question for this week: Which are your top 3 favourite songs of all time and why?

Anjali207:
1-Wheres The Party Tonight
2-Khaike Paan
3-Rock and Roll Soniye
I like these songs because their beats and fast music is the kind of music that suits my personality and it's the kind of music that can always cheer me up.

Ankuhujulover:
My all time favs....
1-Bahoon ke darmiyaan Hain (Khamoshi) because Husein-Tina redefined Love and Refreshened the memories by performing on it in NB2.
2-Tumhe jo maine dekha (Main hoon na)
3-Jaan-e-maan (Jaan-e-maan) my friend told me about it and now it's my all time fav

swt.smile:
top 3 songs ...ders
gal sun - jinx-the music, beat is really good and so are the lyrics..
salaam-e-ishq - salaam-e-ishq-nice music & beat...great singers
kangna - dr.zeuz-nice music.. nice beat.. nice lyrics.. great singer.. and yeah also because I'm a fan of punjabi songs...they are the best!

Jenny1000:It was really hard putting three down, but these songs I can listen and listen and never get tired
All time :
1. Ab Na Ja - Europhia - Strings: Beauttiful song.. ahh I listen to it 24/7
2. Bahaho Ki Dariymaya -- Kamoshi
3. Tum Paas Aye -- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

From the Editors Desk:-

Dont forget to participate in our weekly quizes and contests, send in your entries by PM   Was a pretty easy clue on Who Am I contest, try this week.  Hope you are able to crack it this week.

If you have a new idea or a suggestion for a new coloumn, we would love to hear from you.

Lots of contests, lots of information, lots of happenings, all on India-Forums, and we bring it all to you, right on your email box.  So those who havent subscribed, dont forget to book your copy right now.  Click here for a simple registration process.

< code="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" height="60" width="468"> < name="movie" value="http://www.india-forums.com/flash/468.swf"> < name="quality" value="high"> < src="flash/468.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashp" ="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="60" width="468"> </>

Tune into India-Forums: Addiction At Its Best!

With Lots of Love,

IF Development Group
Newsletter Team
http://www.india-forums.com

What! How! Where! Today
Click Here to read What! How! Where! Today. Poetry and Celebrity Birthdays.
Radio Corner
Puzzles Corner
Click Here to enjoy Puzzles and check the Winners of Last Week Puzzle.
Member of the Week
Advertisement
Music Reviews
Jokes Corner
Click here to read some Jokes and A Funny Thing Called Life..
Celebrity of the Week
Chatpata Corner
Click here to try different Receipes at our Aunty's Kitchen Corner
Movie Reviews
Newsletter Team
Virgo_stars
Sweet_kp
Desichocolate
umi82990
Naughty_n_nice
Kimi_dost
natasshafan
Soniyo
Esti
Ms. Bholi Bhali
gk_09
Sneha3105
Faria17
cuteluv
*Jayshree*
Tumhari_Khushi
T.
S.priya

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Cricmaniacdesi princessInnocent_Bachimushkan_2003IndianCutie13Saregama_fanYamu21

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Newsletter for week of 17th December 2006" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Newsletter > Celebrity of the Week

A. R. Rahman

Richard Corliss, the author of the article, That Old Feeling: Isn't It Rahmantic?   in Time.com says, the name of Rahman for the Indian audience "stands for melody, quality, energy , instant hummability — a sound both personal and universal, devouring older forms and transforming them into something gorgeously new." The person that defines so much of what music is to us, is the celebrity of our focus this week.

Born on 6th January 1966, Rahman started his career by joining the troupe of the reining South Indian Music Composer IIaiyaraja as a keyboard player. He played for many famous artists like M.S Vishwanathan, Ramesh Naidu and Zaakhir Hussain. In 1991, Rahman began his own studio and composed Jingles for advertisements. His first venture into films was Roja, a tamil film directed by Mani Ratnam which announced the entry of a new Music Director. From then on, there was no stopping this Musical Genius.

"Yaare re yaare re zor lagaake nache re" marked the entry of this Musical Genius into Bollywood. Debuting with Rangeela, Rahman has composed for several films, his latest being Guru. Rahman has dazzled us with his extremely unique blend of classical music throughout his career, making a mark all around the world. Today, songs from his oldest movies still play on the radio and are available to listen to anywhere.

Often called the Mozart of Indian Music, Rahman ventured beyond India. He worked with Lloyed Webber, composing for musicals like Bombay Dreams. He has composed for Lord Of The Rings threatre production and Warriors of Heaven and Earth, a Chinese film.

What is interesting is, he is known to have sold over 100 million records worldwide and over 200 million cassettes. He also obtained a scholarship to Trinity College at Oxford University, where he received a degree in Western classical music

Rahman is the receiver of several prestigious awards. He has received the National Award four times and is the only artist to receive it as a debutant for Roja.  The internationally acclaimed artist has received the Laurence Oliver Award for the most Outstanding Musical (Bombay Dreams) and Dora Moore Awards for the General Theatre Division - Outstanding Musical Direction for Lord of The Rings.

On the personal side, Allah Rakha Rahman born on 6th January, 1966 to RK Sekhar and Kareema Begum, and formerly known as A.S. Dileep Kumar, started learning piano at the very young age. His father died when Rahman was nine years old. His family used to rent out musical equipment to make ends meet, something they found very difficult. During those hard times, a Sufi (Muslim) saint helped them spiritually. This led Dileep to convert to Islam, changing his name to Allah Rakha Rahman.

From 'Roja Jaaneman' to 'Vande Matram' to his latest 'Tere Bina' in Guru, Rahman has never failed to experiment with new techniques, and dazzle us with mesmerizing music. He has definitely won our hearts as an outstanding music director – one of the Best India has produced!

IF Podcast
Subscribe to India Forums Podcasts
Slam Book

< code="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" height="60" width="468"> < name="movie" value="http://www.india-forums.com/flash/468.swf"> < name="quality" value="high"> < src="flash/468.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashp" ="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="60" width="468"> </>

With Lots of Love,

IF Development Group
Newsletter Team

Please Note: We love to hear from you and we keep reinventing ourselves, based on your feedback. Please mail us at newsletter@india-forums.com and yes do not forget to share it with your friends and family.

A. R. Rahman Quiz

1. Name the date, month and year of A.R. Rahman's birth?

2. What was a.r.rahman's name before he converted to Islam?

3. Which was his debut film? With which director did he work here?

Members with correct answers for the quiz their names will come in our next newsletter.
Please send in your entries in the following format: -

1) Your name
2) Your username

Send your answers by PM with the Subject: I-F Celebrity of the week quiz

Winner of Rahul Dravid Quiz
NadiaIqbal
remixer
amrit23
kothra
Fiza_87
del_geo
Leenasmg
springdale
adorablegurl
FairyAngel
Solution of Rahul Dravid Quiz

1. When was Rahul Dravid Born and where?
11th January 1973....Indore

What is Rahul Dravid's common nickname?
"The wall", Jammy

What is the name of Rahul Dravid's biography by Devendra Pradhudesai? In which year was it published?
A Biography Of Rahul Dravid-The nice guyWho Finished First
Year-17Th November 2005

Visit us at: India-Forums | India Forums dot IN | eGreeting India Powered by

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 2:45am | IP Logged
Newsletter > Puzzles Corner

Puzzles Corner

Members don't forget to take part in the A. R. Rahman Quiz

Who Am I Puzzle # 11

You know me, you know me not
naaa... you do know me....
I open beautiful doors....
With my mantra Khul ja Sim Sim...

I am the chiraag of the house...
I am the sumeet of the family....
Acting in my blood....
Dance is my passion....

Who am I??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Members with correct answers for the puzzle their names will come in our next newsletter.

1) Your name
2) Your username

Send your answers by doing with the Subject: IF Who Am I # 11.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture Pizzeria # 11

YEH KAUN HAI ??????

Members with correct answers for the puzzle their names will come in our next newsletter.

1) Your name
2) Your username

Send your answers by doing with the Subject: IF Picture Pizzeria # 11.

Winners for Who Am I Puzzle # 10
pams309
angelic eyes
fiza_87
del_geo
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
scorpion134
salmansgirl

Winners for Picture Pizzera # 10
pams309
putturani
sakhi
tiya1
del_geo
remixer
scorpion134
salmansgirl

Solution for Who Am I Puzzle # 10

They call me a Queen
They call me a Diva
They say I make stars
They say I change destiny...

But I am just a person...
Like you and you....
I too had dreams..
I too had ambitions....
I had a vision...
Of wholesome entertainment...
I had a vision...
Of a world of entertainment...

All I am today...
Is a person in pursuit of dreams.
All I am today...
Is a person who has seen dreams turn reality.

Who Am I??

Ekta Kapoor

Solution for Picture Pizzera # 10

Prachi Desai n Roshni Chopra

Bhaskar.T

IF-Sizzlerz

Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 2:45am | IP Logged
Nice one!!! Clap Clap

Winters and the template gives the perfect effect of that coolness Smile

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 2:48am | IP Logged
Newsletter > Music Reviews and Countdown

Salaam - e - Ishq

I'm sure the star cast of this movie left you stunned, considering there are around 10-12 stars in the movie, and expectations are high! The music is not something excessively amazing, but it's pretty decent, and is worth listening to...

The best tracks on the album are Salaam-e-ishq and dil kya kare... Dil kya kare has been sung by Adnan Sami in his usual "Happy go lucky" and stylish voice... The song is really very nice to listen to... It is slow, and has a lot of english words drawn in here and there... but the chorus comes right back to "Salaam-E-ishq ishq ishq, salaam-E-ishq..." The effect is lovely.... The other good track is salaam-e-ishq, which I'm sure you've seen videos of... The song has been sung by Kunal Ganjawala, Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal and Sadhana Sargam -- All excellent playback singers...The song is a nice peppy number and the background harmony is especially notable...

Other good songs would include Babuji by Nihira Joshi, Tenu leke by Mahalakshmi Iyer and Sonu Nigam and Ye Rabba by Kailash Kher... Over-all, it's another good track by Shankar Ehsaan and Loy, but honestly speaking, it's not much compared to their previous hits and their capabilities... They've shown a new style in this album, and I like it. But let's see what the general audience has to say...

IF Rating:

IF Podcast
Subscribe to India Forums Podcasts
Slam Book

With Lots of Love,

IF Development Group
Newsletter Team

Please Note: We love to hear from you and we keep reinventing ourselves, based on your feedback. Please mail us at newsletter@india-forums.com and yes do not forget to share it with your friends and family.

Countdown of Songs
1. Maula Mere Maula  (Anwar)

2. Javeda Zindagi (Anwar)

3. Tere Bina (Guru)
4. Salaam-E-Ishq ( Salaam-E-Ishq )
5. Ay Hairathe (Guru)
6. Bhagam Bhag (Bhagam Bhag)
7. Yeh Main Aaya Kaha Hoon (Kabul Express)
8. Saiyyan Re  (Salaam-E-Ishq)
9. Dil Mein Baji Guitar (Aap Ki Khatir)
10. Salaam (Umrao Jaan)

Visit us at: India-Forums | India Forums dot IN | eGreeting India Powered by

remixer

IF-Rockerz

remixer

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 3:05am | IP Logged
Oh wow!!!!!! I won...EmbarrassedThankeww Priya dii and Dii the Newsletter ROcs..Its Awesom!!Big smile

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 9:05am | IP Logged
beautiful work! i loved every single section!ClapClapClap

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

IF’s Creative Head

Posted: 18 December 2006 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Winners of Rahul Dravid Quiz

NadiaIqbal
remixer
amrit23
kothra
Fiza_87
del_geo
Leenasmg
springdale
adorablegurl
FairyAngel

This special signature is a prize for you'll to use this week! Enjoy, and participate this week too, in the A.R.Rahman quiz!

Thanx to Tumhari_Khushi -- Khushisensationz for this!

-Sam Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top