Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dark Love thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Next Part will hopefully be up by tonight according to my friend- she is working on it- a new entry is coming 😉

P.S- the title is officially changed from "Defying the Odds" to "Smile Again"😊

Edited by erier101 - 17 years ago
MUNNIBABA2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
madiha where is the new part?????
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i just caught up and its amazing.. brother is rude, all her efforts are a waste... when my mom was young and she cooked for the first time, her fam ate the burnt roti she made and gave her 5 rupees too.. i mean they didnt eat it all but they did eat bits..

i dont cook 😆 😆

well awesome partz and continue soooonn.. if im not mistaken, there shuldve been a part up by now.
Dark Love thumbnail
Chapter 5

I opened my front door and yelled "Anyone home?" and my dad stepped out of his office.
"Hey, how was school?" he asked, unenthusiastically, loosening up his tie. I'm guessing, he got home from work early, seeing as how it was only 4 then. He looked bored, as if he didn't give a damn about what I would say.

"How do you think?" I muttered and went upstairs. I think it's time that I admitted that I don't have the best relationship with my dad. Which could so not be said with Michaela and him. I mean, they're practically inseparable. If he's not helping her shopping or not giving her money all the time, he's in his office. They are like best friends. Sometimes, it's disgusting. It's like in his ideal world, he would have David, Michaela, my mom and his job. And both of us are lucky, if he and I exchanges 10 words a day. Sad, I know. Sometimes, when I see the two of them having such a good old jolly time, I feel a pang of jealousy, as much as I hate to admit it. In the old days, it used to be me, instead of her, who was going fishing with dad or watching History Channel with him, at 2:00 A.M.

Actually, I don't have the best relationship with my mother, either. I don't talk to anybody in my family besides Lucas. He and I are like the family losers. You see, if you see our family- it looks like we are the all-American family, with our blue-eyes and blond hairs. My mom and dad were the most popular kids at their high school, when they were young. First, David was born- he was a jock in high school. He was popular. Now Michaela- a cheerleader and popular and stupid, I may add. Then it's me, the gothic, cigarette-smoking, skateboarding, black-haired, skinny girl, who doesn't talk to anybody, let alone try to be friendly. I'm not popular, and I'm not smart. I'm not a jock, either. Then, there is Lucas. A total and absolute nerd. But not in a dorky way, he is so incredibly smart. He is so much smarted than all our family members combined. He talks in strange phrases and uses complicated words that I didn't even learn in my SAT books. So, you see, we're the underdogs and no one wants to talk to us and they never will. It would've just been Lucas all alone, if I hadn't changed since 2 years ago. It was obvious that I changed, because I was a blonde, athletic, lacrosse- playing jock and the most popular kid in school. Believe me, I was more popular than Kelly and Michaela. But not anymore. I just hated it. All the pressure. But now, I'm free, cause no one expects anything from me. Teachers don't expect me to try to keep up my grade, cause before I had to at least maintain a "B" cause I was in lacrosse. Coach doesn't expect me to come back to play lacrosse or any other sport. me. But I consider skateboarding a type of sport. Few people just play it. My parents don't expect me to have a boyfriend or a social life. But before everything fell apart, every one expected those things from me. That's changed now.

Anyway, this story is about my life, as boring as that sounds, not about relationships I had or will. I went into my room and took a quick shower and pulled on the baggiest jeans I have, which was pretty low and a black tank top. While brushing my hair, I got a handful of hair. My hair was falling. Weird, I thought. But whatever. I was meeting Jake at the skate rink. It's this really cool skate park with all these ramps and stuff. Way cool. Jake and I always go there to skate and just to hang out. I quickly grabbed my skateboard and found a pack of cigarettes that I hid in my drawer. Yes, I smoke. And also you don't need to be telling me how bad it is for my body. I know all about it and the crappy risks and stuff. I did it all in 8th grade. But I smoke anyway. And trust me, you don't wanna know how I got into this habit. Then, you wouldn't want to read this anymore.
So, I went outside and headed to the park. I got there much early and Jake wasn't there. So, I warmed up and did a few tricks and I was surprised to see that an hour had passed. And Jake still wasn't here. He had never missed a skating session before. So I was prepared to go home, I mean a girl can wait only so much, right?
Just as I was about to leave, Jake is running over to me with his skateboard in his hands. He gets closer and waves. I notice that he is panting like a dog, who just ran 5 miles non-stop. What's gotten into him? Did he take up track?

"Oh my god, you're not going to believe what I just heard!" he yelled, still panting.
"Well, tell me, what happened?" I tried to sound excited.
"Ok, prepare for the shock of your life!" his face was serious now.
"What is it?" I asked again. He didn't say anything for a minute. Now, I was getting annoyed.

"Erica is getting out of jail!" he yelled really, really, loud.
I was frozen for a second, speechless and not able to move. Then I screamed with joy. That's the first time in my entire life(ok, ok, in my life for the past 2 years) that I've been truly happy.

"You're kidding!" I said to him and he shook his head no.
"Why would I joke about something as serious as this? I mean, I was just about to go out to meet you, when my mom asked to pick up her sun dress from the dry-cleaners. Then, I'm gone and I come back with it. Just as I was about to go out to meet you again, my mom calls me and I'm like really annoyed that she would want me to do something for her again. But instead she was holding the phone for me in the living room. I take it and there is Erica, on the other line, calling me. And you know what the first thing she asked me?" Jake asked, looking at me intensely.

"Uh... how you've been?" he laughed and shook his head no again.
"She asked me how you were doing. And why the hell you're not picking up your cell phone" he said with a smile. "Those were her exact words"

"Aww, that's so sweet of her. " I was lost in my thoughts for a minute. Then I snapped, wondering how she was going to get out of jail.
"Oh, I almost forgot, how is she getting out of jail?" I asked.
"Oh, I don't know how, she only had a minute to ask me to pick her up, tomorrow after school. She didn't have enough time to tell me the info."

"Why did she ask you to pick her up?" I asked, wondering maybe, if she was gonna try to run away, during their lunch, or something.
"Oh, yeah, her parents are busy and besides she'd rather go with us than them. That's what she said. You know, how it is." I nodded. Yeah, I indeed knew how it was. Like me, she didn't have a good relationship with her parents either and it didn't get better that she got into jail.
Suddenly, Jake hugged me real tight and asked me
"You wanna go together to pick her up? It's been along time."
"Yeah, it has been a long time. And why are you asking? Of course I'm going with you! She is my best friend, after all." and I hugged him back.
berkeleygirl818 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
GREAT part!!!!!!!!!! 👏 👏 continue soon!!!!!!!! 😃
nerdynerd thumbnail
This story is really really interesting!!!
p.s. I go to N.C.state univ and I am majoring in Aerospace&Mechanical Engr. too...freaky huh...well anywayzz continue soon... 😊
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanx 4 the pm. this was an excellent part.. i wonder why erika is in jail.. and how did she start smoking... well im sure u'l tell us later.. or ur friend will since its her fanfic....

awesome partt

continue sooonn
Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
just caught up......great parts.......continue soon 👏
sidra01 thumbnail
just read it seems interesting 😊
Dark Love thumbnail
Chapter 6

I didn't sleep at all, that night. It's like I have insomnia or something. Anyways, I guess I was too excited to actually sleep. I mean, after all, my best friend, the sister of my soul was finally getting out of jail. You're probably thinking that I'm a psycho for hanging out with someone who has, well, actually killed someone. Ok, ok, I can practically see you panicking, but it was all an accident and it was not her fault. Or that's what I tell myself. She's been in juvie for 2 years. And me changing from 2 years ago and her going to jail was all from the same thing. Or parts of it, anyway. And I intend to never talk about it. To anyone. I could . . . never talk about that to anyone. So far, I have never uttered that to anyone, so why should it be different in the future?
Oh and the reason that I told u, I didn't have any girlfriends, is because well, I didn't know that she was getting out of jail this soon.
Well, wondering how I spent my night? Online. Chatting, to be precise. I never knew that some people spent all night chatting online. So, I was chatting with this guy, I don't really know him, actually, I don't know him at all. It just appeared that he was on my buddy list. I don't remember adding him on. I mean, I don't even know who the hell he is. Weird, huh? I bet I know what you're thinking. Internet psychos and perverts. Right?
Well, I got out of my room around 7:30 and decided to have cereal. I went down and got 2 bowls. Wondering, why I need two bowls for just me? Ok, this is a little embarrassing to admit, but I don't mix my milk with Cocoa Puffs. They are my favorites, but anyways, I don't mix them. Why, you ask? Because, I don't like to eat my cereal fast. It's really bad for a digestion system. But then, again, that's a bunch of crap, because, I eat all my other foods real fast. It's just, there's something about it. Maybe it's because I always, used to eat Cocoa Puffs with my dad and I don't anymore? What do you think? In the old days, I would wake up and wake up my dad and we would sit down and eat Cocoa Puffs way early, at 6 A.M. It was nice. Now, I'd rather eat it alone and late. Already my parents were gone and I'd purposely get out of my room way late, just so I don't have to meet them or say good-morning, cause that is the good daughter's job now. I think, you know what I'm talking about, when I say the good daughter.
I got to school and I don't pay attention to any of my classes and just my luck, Mr. Porter calls on me to go up to the board. Isn't that just fabulous?
"Miss Ryder, if you have you been paying attention to me, you should just fine, now." he says to me in a friendly voice. But I can see behind that nasty smile. I know, because he always picks on me in this stupid class. Algebra. It's like a conspiracy, because every single frigging teacher in this stupid school picks on me. I can practically hear them in the teacher's lounge saying "oh, let's pick on Cassandra Ryder this year, since she's stupid and she doesn't care about the work and she spaces out in all of the classes and she probably won't get into college, so why not get a good laugh over her?!"
I hesitantly walk over to the front of the class and face them. Everybody is looking at me, waiting for me trip over my own shoelaces, even when I'm not walking. Ironic. Guess what I do, then? Fall over my own shoelaces even when I'm not walking. Mr. Porter was reading out the stupid problem and I turn around to write it on the board and it just so happened that I was stepping on my shoelaces and you can imagine the rest. God, how can I be such a klutz. Anyway, I recovered gracefully, when some guy caught me. I swear the first moment I was falling, and the next minute I was falling into a pair of strong arms and whoever it was, I sure owed them.
"Ahh!" exclaimed Mr. Porter, maybe a little too disappointed that I didn't really fall on the ground. I mean, anybody would, seeing as how I'm the school witch. I have to say, that I'm not very modest, so I'm gonna go ahead and say it. I think, a lot of them are really jealous, because well... forget it. Forget I ever said anything.
So, anyway, I muttered a thanks and turned around to get a good look at my savior. OMG. You should know by now that, I don't look at guys and imagine them being my BF, but I gotta be honest with you, that's the first thing that rushed through my mind. How great I would look with him at my arms...
Ok, eww, did I just say that? Really, I am so ashamed of myself. NAH!!! I'm not. So what if I liked that guy, he was sure to find Kelly more hotter. Ugh! It would never work out. Omg, I totally sound like a girl. What is happening to me?!
So here are the details of the guy that saved me from complete and utter humiliation that I would never live down. It'll probably happen that 20 years later at our high-school reunion people will be saying- "hey, where's that moronic girl who fell on her butt, in Porter's class?" and the others will be rolling on the floor, clutching their stomachs, laughing and crying from laughing so much.
So here it is: He was tall, definitely about 6"1, maybe 2, um, and he had brown curly hair and green eyes! Omg, he had green eyes!!!!!!!!! and he was so gorgeously built, with them muscles and stuff. Also, he had glasses. But not like those really dorky round glasses, but those framed square ones. And it looked cute on him. I had never in my life, thought I would talk about boys in such graphic terms. I sound like a . . . total girl! Mooning over a guy. I had promised myself, that I would never get close to a guy, unless they were my friends, because I knew that I would eventually get hurt, if I let myself emotionally get attached with them. I promised that to myself ever since 2 year ago. You see, I call that time of my life, the Dark Era. Ever since George. Oh god, the thought of him made me sick.
Right then, the handsome guy handed Banana(I call Mr.Porter Banana, coz he's always eating bananas like a monkey, maybe I ought to call him Monkey! That is funny!)
"Ahh,"- he said again for the second time. "The new student that Ms. McGill was telling me about." the guy looked at me. I stared at him back. I still held the chalk. Banana, then looked at the new guy and said, very slowly "Ian White?" or rather asked from him. He was still looking at me and then I started to feel self-conscious. It was embarrassing to have a guy stare at you. I reached up to smooth my hair, then remembered that the night before I had done my hair into small, tiny braids. Thank god! So, I looked ok, I guess, but not like a girl. Omg! What if he thought I was a guy? I mean, I wasn't exactly wearing mini-skirts and tank-tops. Actually, the complete opposite- baggy jeans and a huge hoodie. Yep, that was it, now he would ask me if I was a guy. Great! Maybe I'll have another guy friend. Please note that my tone is completely sarcastic...
Banana asked again and the new guy shook his head and said "Sorry? Did you say something?" Then, he realized that he was in front of the class and everybody was looking at him. "Oh, rite. Sorry, just got a little distracted here. Um, my name is Ian . . . White. Ian White, yeah and I'm 17 and will turn 18 next month. And my family just moved here from, uh, New York. And uh," he struggled to come up with a good finishing sentence "- I hope to make a lot of friends here" he finished lamely.
Then some guys came in with a lot of video equipments. I gasped. Ian looked at me when he heard me gasping. Now he grinned at me. I raised my brow.
"Um . . . Mr. Porter would u ever mind, if I just set my video equipments at the back of the class and take it home at the end of the day?" he looked sincere. Totally fake. He was scamming Banana. Banana smiled and said sure. Boy, was he good, he was good, I have to admit. But I was an expert. No way, would he be able to get that smile past me.
Banana then ordered us to take a seat. He totally forgot about me doing that stupid problem. What now, huh?
Anyway, I was heading back and we both tried to get through the seats at the same time. He smiled at me and I scowled back. What the hell was he trying to?
Then I couldn't hold it in, anymore.
"Um . . . this is kinda awkward, but how the hell did you get the XM101?" I asked, turning around and we were face-to-face. "Pardon my French, but really, how did u get it? It's not even out on the market yet!" I took a seat. He sat behind me.
"I was wondering when u were going to ask that? Actually, I know the guy, who actually made these." he whispered
"Oh, I see" I was disappointed, he had one and me, the one person, on earth who really wanted one, didn't own one. Now I turned around and took out my notebook.
"Can I borrow a paper?" asked the Ian guy.
Without a word, I tore up a paper from my notebook and threw it to him.
A minute later, the paper landed on my desk with a thud. I opened it and saw a note. It said:
"Hey, uh, wat's ur name? And also, r u into videos? Just asking, since u seemed really interested in my video camera. Ian" in a really messy handwriting, kinda like mine.
I wrote back "Cass. Yes" and threw it to him. Then it came again. This time it said "Really? U make movies?"
So, I wrote back "more like documentaries" and gave it to him. Then the bell rang and I bolted out the door.
But before that, I saw Kerrisha, a girl from my class say to her friend "uh-huh, girlfriend, don't even think about it, his ass is mine!"
I turned around and found Ian looking at me. I grinned back. Only, then I noticed that he was wearing all black. So was I.