Kaal Bhairav Rahasya

THE PLOT IS BASED ON A TAMIL NOVEL

Divya1608 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Actually, a Tamil novel named Rahasiyamai oru Rahasiyam by Indira soundarajan published in a Tamil weekly Ananda Vikatatan has the same plot. The story goes like this. There is a village called Sitrharpatti and a temple named Sitheshwar temple.No one should enter the temple after sunset. It they enter,then they will be killed by Kala Bhairav. A psychiatrist who himself will become mad come to that temple for treatment . His son also a doctor will come in search for his father. He will be helped by the temple pujari's son and daughter. He will also fall in love with the pujari's daughter. The pujari's son is a atheist. The rest of the story forms how the hero and the pujari's son solve the riddles of the temple. I very will remember I was in 8th std and  will be eagerly waiting for the magazine to come.
    This was also made into a serial named marma desam 1 and was telwcast in sun tv on every Wednesdays . I think 8.30 or 9.0 p.m slot.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2filmy thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing the plot
hmm it does sound it's a remake of this
Divya1608 thumbnail
Originally posted by: 2filmy

thanks for sharing the plot
hmm it does sound it's a remake of this

I don't think it is a remake. Just the plot has been taken bcoz the characters are different. 

Actually 5 novels on the same mytho thriller journer by same author Indira soundarajan has been made as serials. This Rahasiyam is the first one.second one is vidathu karupu. Third is sorna regai. Fourth is iyandara Paravai and fifth and final one is ethuvum nadakkum. This serial became a cult as of Mahabharata of 80's . No one will come out at that time of the telecast of the serial. Especially 2nd story vidathu karupu became a very popular cult. It was in late 90's
2filmy thumbnail
wow that's really interesting
it must have been very famous then
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Thanks for the info, Dhivya! :)
Good to know that this show is inspired from a Tamil Thriller Book / Show! :D
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I know about the show!!!!

And the doctor did not become mad but he pretended to be mad to investigate!!!

2filmy thumbnail
he pretended to be mad ?
that's even better
Shaina_b thumbnail
Originally posted by: 2filmy

he pretended to be mad ?
that's even better

But that was much shorter and crisper!!!!

Shaina_b thumbnail
For those who want this is the link of the original story Marmadesam!!!!

Read the first story of the series called Ragasiyam!!!!

Divya1608 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shaina_b

I know about the show!!!!

And the doctor did not become mad but he pretended to be mad to investigate!!!

You are right. He just pretends to find the truth. It was really a very interesting plot. This journer was entirely new and thrilling at that time. So, it immediately became popular. More than the first one, second novel in Marmadesam series vidathu karupu became more famous of all 5 stories. Karupu is just local village god. People till now have lot of faith in karupu and believe he is one who protects justice and destroys adharm . He is considered to be very powerful. The whole story runs to find out who is the real karupu. 
   Guys, if anyone understand Tamil, u read all the novels by Indira soundarajan. Almost all his novels falls in this category. Apart from Marmadesam, the other popular series are Chidambaram Rahasiyam which is based on palm astrology .  We call it as naadia josiyam in tamil.It is still practised  in vaidheeshwaran koil in Tamilnadu and rudraveenai is a veenaa which was played by lord Shiva and who is the one who is a Rudra who comes in 21st century who has the right to play the veena. This show was very much liked by music lovers as it portraid what raag gives what effect in human life. Rudraveenaai was made as both novel and serial simultaneously.