Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

lakhenikita

lakhenikita

Posted: 28 June 2005 at 11:36am | IP Logged

I read some posts saying that TB is a copy of 24. Well, I have seen only two episodes of TB as yet, and I am liking it. If given a chance, I would like to watch 24 also, but there are still some reasons why I prefer TB to 24. (I won't drag any nationality issues here.)

1.)    TB is set in South Asia, and as such I can associate myself with it with more ease.

2.)    It covers terrorism as a broad topic, while 24 is the story of an agent and the cases he solves (not exactly terrorism- terrorism is the use of violence motivated by an ideology to effect the desired social or political change. Thus you see- the concepts are different)

3.)    It has been created keeping in mind the taste of the viewers. I like serials and films that have a bit of everything- romance, emotions, tears, action, suspense, drama, and a happy ending. TB has several parallel tracks and will satisfy every category of viewers.

4.)    The action in TB that I have seen in its promos, is good and yet not over the top. It seems realistic and just like the action in real life. I don't prefer over the top action and unbelievable action (jumping from a building and yet alive-????).

5.)    Its different from other serials, has a fresher appeal and will provide a whole hour entertainment.

6.)    TB is different, but the concept is sure to be accepted. As I have read, the 4th season of 24, shows the hero dating his own daughter. (the presentation of TB and 24 is highly contrasting) You may call it whatever you want, but I don't think that I and majority of the masses will readily accept it. TB does not show something like that. Rather, in the emotional track it has focused on the problems in the marital life of Varun due to his highly demanding duty.

7.)    I do not know whether the court case will be won by Murdoch or Zee TV, we do not know the whole story behind it, so we shouldn't get into the mess. There may be multiple issues involved, you can never tell all this. Rumours are always spread, but we have to keep our ears closed and eyes open (to watch Rajeev- heh! Heh!)

8.)    We always do prefer watching films of Shahrukh Khan or Aamir, don't we? Its because we have seen them as established actors and know that they will do quality work. Similarily, we have faith in Rajeev, Ansh and Ketan Mehta not to associate themselves with anything wrong, as such we await their projects eagerly.

9.) Its more convinient- accept it. The accent of American English is a bit difficult to get hold of, especially when its fast. And when it is translated in other languages or dubbed, it isn't that good.

10.) I find that the suspense in TB is more. From what I know of the story, the actual issue will turn out to be a nuclear bomb detonation rather than the assassination of the PM. The title 'Time Bomb' intrigues the audience who are expecting an attack on the PM. As such, owing to curiosity or criticism, they are hooked to the serial.

The last of my reasons is a bit personal- to see those piercing soft eyes which pierce into every girl's heart, as well as those piercing villainish eyes which makes everyone emit a piercing scream. Yes, its Rajeev and Ansh, and I think most of you all will agree on this one.------------

****Moderators Comments: I have edited your size of fonts, please use at least a 2-3 font size as it is difficult to read-edited by Megha_Desai****

Edited by Megha_Desai - 28 June 2005 at 5:07pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why I prefer Time Bomb to 24" in Time Bomb 9/11 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

adan24

adan24

Posted: 28 June 2005 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
First of all, I want to say hello to everyone here in this forum. This is my first post (and a very long one, so sorry).

<<1.)    TB is set in South Asia, and as such I can associate myself with it with more ease.>>

I cannot deny that. Very true.

<<2.)    It covers terrorism as a broad topic, while 24 is the story of an agent and the cases he solves (not exactly terrorism- terrorism is the use of violence motivated by an ideology to effect the desired social or political change. Thus you see- the concepts are different)>>

Here you are wrong. In "24", the main character, Jack Bauer, works for CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit). They fight terrorism. For example, "24" has been on the air for four years. In the first year, he stopped terrorists who wanted to kill a presidential candidate who was african-american.

In season two, he stopped muslim terrorists who wanted to detonate a nuclear bomb in Los Angeles. That was a social, political and religious motive.

In season three, terrorists wanted to release a deadly flesh-eating virus in different cities of the United States. The reason: a political one. He was against US politics in other countries. He was against spies on other countries, etc.

In season four, muslim terrorists (again) try to attack several cities of the United States, controlling several nuclear power plants. The main villain wanted to change the world for political and religious reasons.

<<3.)    It has been created keeping in mind the taste of the viewers. I like serials and films that have a bit of everything- romance, emotions, tears, action, suspense, drama, and a happy ending. TB has several parallel tracks and will satisfy every category of viewers.>>

This is one of the strongest assets of "24". The main character has a lot of personal problems. The show has had a lot of romance, emotions and tears. So much that some people have called it "a soap opera on steroids". Of course, the show features a LOT of action, suspense, drama. I cannot say "happy ending" because the show is so different from other shows that a happy ending is not always what happens.

<<4.)    The action in TB that I have seen in its promos, is good and yet not over the top. It seems realistic and just like the action in real life. I don't prefer over the top action and unbelievable action (jumping from a building and yet alive-????).>>

Jack Bauer has never jumped from a building. The action on "24" is very realistic. They've had a lot of action scenes and car chases and none of them has been over the top.

<<5.)    Its different from other serials, has a fresher appeal and will provide a whole hour entertainment.>>

This is one of the issues being discussed here. It is not that different from "24" and people who has seen "24", definely won't think it is a "fresher appeal", but I agree that it provides a whole hour of entertainment.

<<6.)    TB is different, but the concept is sure to be accepted. As I have read, the 4th season of 24, shows the hero dating his own daughter. (the presentation of TB and 24 is highly contrasting) You may call it whatever you want, but I don't think that I and majority of the masses will readily accept it. TB does not show something like that. Rather, in the emotional track it has focused on the problems in the marital life of Varun due to his highly demanding duty.>>

I don't know where you read that. Did you say that the main character of "24" (Jack Bauer) dates his own daughter????? I think you misunderstood. In the fourth season of 24, Jack Bauer (the hero) is dating the daughter OF the Secretary of Defense.

The emotional track (on season four) is that Jack is dating someone who is in the process of getting divorced, but technically, she is still married and she hasn't decided if she is going to keep dating Jack or if she is going to return to her husband.

Other seasons had different emotional tracks as well.

<<7.)    I do not know whether the court case will be won by Murdoch or Zee TV, we do not know the whole story behind it, so we shouldn't get into the mess. There may be multiple issues involved, you can never tell all this. Rumours are always spread, but we have to keep our ears closed and eyes open (to watch Rajeev- heh! Heh!)>>

More on this point in a different post...

<<8.)    We always do prefer watching films of Shahrukh Khan or Aamir, don't we? Its because we have seen them as established actors and know that they will do quality work. Similarily, we have faith in Rajeev, Ansh and Ketan Mehta not to associate themselves with anything wrong, as such we await their projects eagerly.>>

This point is very similar to the first one you made.

<<9.) Its more convinient- accept it. The accent of American English is a bit difficult to get hold of, especially when its fast. And when it is translated in other languages or dubbed, it isn't that good.>>

It's more convinient- I accept it. BUT don't you watch movies with subtitles? Even if you don't like subtitles, "24" is shown in several countries of the world. In some of them they translate it (dubbed it) and in some others they use subtitles.

In Germany, France, Spain and others, the show is dubbed to those languages (german, french and spanish). In several countries in Latin America, the show has spanish subtitles and the original soundtrack of the show. In some other countries of Latin America, the show is dubbed to Latin American Spanish (the accent is very different from the spanish language of Spain).

<<10.) I find that the suspense in TB is more. From what I know of the story, the actual issue will turn out to be a nuclear bomb detonation rather than the assassination of the PM. The title 'Time Bomb' intrigues the audience who are expecting an attack on the PM. As such, owing to curiosity or criticism, they are hooked to the serial.>>

This is something that made the show "24" so popular: the audience cannot predict the plot. The show has some many surprises, so many plot twits, so much suspense, so much intrigue that the viewer is glued to the TV for the whole hour and for the whole season. This is one of the characteristics that made "24" so popular over the world. It is VERY unnpredictable.

adan24

adan24

Posted: 28 June 2005 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Ok, now my second post Smile

I trully believe that Time Bomb has copied the idea from the creators of "24". I don't know if you've seen screencaps of the show, but the visual feel is almost exactly the same.

If you see pictures of "ACT" (Agency of Counter Terrorism) and compare it to the pictures of "CTU" (Counter Terrorist Unit), you'll notice several similarities.

But the whole concept (24 episodes in real time covering 24 hours in the lives of the characters) was used by "24" for the first time. Just look at the title of the show: "24".

The usage of a ticking clock in the center of the screen while showing split-screens of different actions is one of the things that 24 used since the first episode in 2001.

I think that "Time Bomb" is like a spin-off show of "24". I'm not against TB, but I think that the producers and creators of the show should respect copyrights.

I think they should have done this:
First, they liked the concept of the show "24". Then, they should have contacted FOX and buy the license to produce a spin-off show for India. That is even better than just buying the rights to reproduce it.

I think you have in India a show called "Indian Idol", don't you? Are the contestants American people? Of course not. The producers bought the license to create a spin off show with a different host and OF COURSE, different contestants. The original show is called "Pop Idol" and was created in the UK. Even the United States didn't just steal the idea, but they bought the license and created their own spin-off show called "American Idol".

I think the producers of TB should have done that. They should have contacted FOX and then they should have created the spin-off show of 24 for India.

"24" has a different terrorist threat each season. TB feels like a new season of "24" with different characters. But it feels like "24". It is amazingly similar. If you watch "24", you would think it is a ripoff of TB. "24" would feel like an american spin-off show of TB.

*Meg_d*

IF-Veteran Member

*Meg_d*

Posted: 28 June 2005 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
A message to all members****

As this is only a discussion please keep your cool, no hard feelings to anyone as its just sharing each others opnions and views.

Enjoy
Megha

trups

IF-Dazzler

trups

Posted: 29 June 2005 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Agree with you megha......some members must be watching 24 serial regularly thatswhy they find similarlities in 24 and TB. But Why we are comparing American serial with Indian serial.Everyone knows that American serial/movies are hi-tech.Eventhough India is backward in some  but in technology India is not backward.........As for TB concern I liked that serial very much and its starcast also good .Everyones acting seems natural.........and one more thing India and other countries also suffering in the hands of terrorism and many movies/serial being made in India regarding terrorism so TB is not the first serial in this regard.

Bhaskar.T

IF-Sizzlerz

Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 29 June 2005 at 12:54am | IP Logged

For me it's just that I associate myself to TB more than 24.

I am a big a fan of Rajeev so can never miss anything of his. For me he is the best and all the projects he does is the best. You may call me biased but thats.......... me Big smile

It's a fresh concept for me...... away from sas bahu ones of other soaps....

adan24

adan24

Posted: 29 June 2005 at 9:14am | IP Logged
I'm not saying that there aren't other movies or serials about terrorism. I'm not saying that the cast of TB is bad. I'm not even saying that TB is probably bad. I'm sure TB is great and I'm sure the cast is excellent.

But the concept of the real-time factor in the whole serial, 24 episodes and each episode covering one hour of the same day, the split-screens and the ticking clock. It's not a coincidence, it's exactly the same as 24.

What I meant in my previous posts, is that the producers should have bought the licence to create the Indian version of "24". Just like "Indian Idol" did and just like "American Idol" did.

Thanks to this forum, I've been able to see pictures and videos from TB. I hope you all have the chance to watch one episode of 24 and then I guarantee you that you won't be able to say TB and 24 don't feel like the same show but with different cast.

I hope that the first poster in this thread isn't confused anymore about the plots in 24. The humanity of the hero, his personal problems, the emotional tracks are very important to 24. The action, the suspense, the thriller feeling, and the intrigue are the other half. Each season of 24 faces a new terrorist threat and several cast members are replaced in every season. I'll say it again: TB feels like a new season of 24. It's like watching the same show with a new terrorist threat.

I know you all associate better with TB. That's great. I'm only saying that the producers of TB did it in the wrong way. Of course they have created an awesome show, but it's because it's based on 24. They should have bought the license to create their own version of 24, called Time Bomb.

If someone is interested, I could prepare some screenshots and some videos of 24.

lakhenikita

lakhenikita

Posted: 29 June 2005 at 12:30pm | IP Logged

Hey thanks adan24! The information I had about 24 was from what one of the members from America gave on the forum. Thanks for correcting.

Both the shows are good and audience hooking,(I said so above too) and as I can't judge the court case between Zee and Murdoch, I'm not taking any sides on the issue. So currently I'm enjoying what I have- TB. If some day 24 comes to air in some channel here, I'd like to watch it too.

Personally I feel these are shows are all like Agatha Christies, Nancy Drew books. You always try one after another.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top