Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Lakshmi, your story is hilarious. 🤣 . I agree as of now it seems like it is going the way you are saying. But am still trusting the makers cause they are still keeping to the story and each of the characters are doing kind of like the same things. What Dev did today is exactly what happened with the cupboard fiasco in initial marriage phase. Then too Sonakshi's expectations were unreasonable and there too she expected him to do everything by himself within a day. At that time he took his clothes to Ishwari and his that from Sonakshi. At that time Ishwari was happy in a way, but now since she is not so sure of men being able to care for babies, she is behaving he way she is. From my pov, at that time Sonakshi asking Dev to manage his own cupboard was not needed. That time too there were n number of ways they could have handled Ishwari's interference in their cupboard. But Sonakshi chose the path that was good for her but was not so good for Dev.

Sonakshi has been brought up with the belief that whatever decision, choices she makes is the best one for the family. Making that decision for Bose family, knowing them for more than 20 years is different than doing the same for people whom you have known for like a couple of years. That too after they are grown up and have their own set ideas. Since Sonakshi was never really let to face the negative consequences of her decisions, she has never really learnt to retrospect or even realize that how wrong she can be. In the cupboard fiasco she failed to take Dev's, or Ishwari's or any of the Dixit family's perspective into account. She just assumed that what they were doing in Bose family was the right way and that is why everyone in Dixit family should follow it.

Coming to now, whether one likes it or not, Sonakshi is in constant competition with Dev. If Dev feels she is superior to him, she feels the same about Dev. From her perspective she is not at all equal to him in so many ways, so she constantly tries to do things which she feels will bring her on same footage as him. One of the things that Dev does is charity and philanthropy. He is a true philanthropist and truly believes in giving back to society. He does that without expecting anything in return. She feels that she cannot match him in that. So she is using the current project to prove that she is also someone who cares for that part of society which needs charity help.

I remember this dialogue from a movie and it kind of stuck with me. It goes like this the relationship between a husband and wife wife should be like fish and water, not like fish and fisherman. Fish and water are 2 different things. They have very little things in common. Yet, they both balance out each other in the end. A man and woman are like that too. Equality is not saying one gender can do everything the other gender does(I am not saying that we can't, but some of the functions are specific to gender, like a woman is the one with uterus or body designed to carry babies. Women cannot produce sperms and men cannot produce eggs. That is just how nature has made us. And until the evolution happens and we become unisex, saying everything is exactly 50 - 50 is not possible). Equality is when we balance out each other and complete the other. For that both man and woman need to accept that they are imperfect, have flaws and are incomplete without the other and be ready to compromise.

Here Sonakshi is someone who projects herself as being complete without anyone. She keeps going around projecting that she never makes mistakes and is perfect so she can do everything without making any mistakes. Bijoy loves this persona of hers as for him she is his greatest achievement. From his pov, he is the reason she is a perfect role model for how women should be. And Sonakshi who wants to make sure that her baba whom she kind of worships and wants to keep him on the pedestal will not be disappointed. For that she constantly rejects the idea of compromise. Cause how can anyone compromise on perfection. There is only one option with perfection and that is being accurate every single time.

For Dev and Sonakshi's life to balance out and for them to have a happy life, Sonakshi first has to stop expecting this perfection in life, in relationships. She needs to accept that life is a learning process and one never really stops learning. With each step, you learn something new. Everyone makes mistakes and that everyone cannot do everything. That as partners you need to support each other and complete each other. She should stop trying to not disappoint her baba and be ok with being best and not perfect. That there is nothing wrong with compromising. In fact compromising for family, tolerance and patience are the key to a happy life. And what the makers are doing kind of gives me hope.Edited by Shaavi - 6 years ago
ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Shaavi

Didn't I tell you articles ( Fusion) will highlight Boses and judge Dixits? So these pieces will intoxicate the makers and here they go... Dev Dixit and Iswari needs to learn. Long live Boses. 

Lakshmi
Suchi_Ejf_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Why u guys didn't read suchi's writing its far better than fuzion. She explains episodes specially dev's character really well
Shaavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: _suchi_

Why u guys didn't read suchi's writing its far better than fuzion. She explains episodes specially dev's character really well

I really like reading Suchi's analysis. But I don't see any new posts from her after the Aug 24th episode. She usually gives a very balanced view of the characters. And I really love her explanation of Dev.
LiveLife321 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaavi

I really like reading Suchi's analysis. But I don't see any new posts from her after the Aug 24th episode. She usually gives a very balanced view of the characters. And I really love her explanation of Dev.

As of I know, she is still writing for herself but not posting it on her blog because of negativity. I really use to like her balanced views.
Suchi_Ejf_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

She is active on Twitter u can follow her
gaya1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Interesting discussion points!Balancing between child care and home chores is a full time job itself! I recollect several years back when my son was born, my husband and I managed by ourselves! Our parents helped us for a couple of weeks after delivery and that was all for next several years! My hussband had to deal with several work pressures and worked 15 hours at a stretch! I became the timetable mom at that time to take care my baby needs, my posptpartum needs and manage home..I planned everything minute to minute (incl. my bathroom times).. living by the clock is tough! We live in USA, and had some visa related issues going on at that time due to which my hubby had to focus on work more to avoid layoffs (and transfer back to India).

Seeing Dev review Shub's timetable in today's episode, I recollected my timetable mom days.. OMG! I am so fed up of the preachy and hypocrite Dixit and Bose characters that I am focusing on just watching him learn to be a stay at home hubby/dad..Parenting is tough and from my experiences I can say that it is not a mother's job. Father's can do it as well. I had to learn everything (nothing came naturally as the serial moms preach). We need to train ourselves to observe and understand and be consistent with routines- it is a journey of learning and executing! I don't call myself a expert as I am still in the process of now understanding my 8 year old! I have now handed over several of his responsibilities to his dad to get focus on myself and my career...

It is very awesome concept now to see a dad (Dev) take on such a tough role of taking care of 3 kids and managing home! He has several people around him to support but no one is really helpful! Sonakshi still has a facade around her and seems confused of her life priorities! I am really excited to watch Dev's journey and decision to be the best dad/hubby esp given the lack of support from his family'...
Shaavi thumbnail
Lakshmi, here is the link to a post I made on the possibility of story where Dev would befriend the teacher and Sonakshi would get jealous  -- http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4898048&PID=144063518&#p144063518

Seeing today's episode precap, it looks like it is the nanny whom Dev will befriend and of whom Sonakshi will be jealous. It is going to be an interesting season with the twist that the makers have added. And I am really excited for the nanny and the story to unfold. ðŸ˜†
Edited by Shaavi - 6 years ago
Uttara1112 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _suchi_

Are you guys talking about this blog: http://krpkab.blogspot.in/

It was so brilliantly written. Can you tell me how to follow the writer of this blog on Twitter or anywhere else where she puts up her episode analysis?? I would love to read them. She was always so balanced.

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

Lakshmi, here is the link to a post I made on the possibility of story where Dev would befriend the teacher and Sonakshi would get jealous  -- http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4898048&PID=144063518&#p144063518

Seeing today's episode precap, it looks like it is the nanny whom Dev will befriend and of whom Sonakshi will be jealous. It is going to be an interesting season with the twist that the makers have added. And I am really excited for the nanny and the story to unfold. ðŸ˜†

I remember your post Shaavi. I agree it is interesting to see Sonakshi getting jealous..for a change. Let us see.

Lakshmi