Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Swar_Raj

IF-Dazzler

Swar_Raj

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 9:33am | IP Logged

Congrates to our talented palyers to get us gold (  India won GOLD medal in Men's Doubles Tennis.....Paes & Bhupati).. and to Sania to get us silver.

Personaly I like Sania too, This time too she got us on th e Top. But  is she overrated and overhyped. Do you all feel she could have performed better and is not using all her potential? 

Edited by Swar_Raj - 14 December 2006 at 10:04am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sania Mirza...overhyped?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Anoli

IF-Sizzlerz

Anoli

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 9:43am | IP Logged

Sania Mirza? U on abt Tennis rite?Embarrassed

Well, yee i think she is overrated! Over confidence aint too good!Embarrassed

Take Care

Anoli

xxx

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Congrates to our talented palyers to get us gold and to Sania to get us silver.

Personaly I like Sania too, This time too she got us on th e Top. But  is she overrated and overhyped. Do you all feel she could have performed better and is not using all her potential?

Something is always better than nothing.

So no not overrated, not overhyped.

If her overhype, overratedness encourages more people to join tennis in India, nothing like that.

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Two silvers and a gold! I think that's a fairly decent performance!

Swar_Raj

IF-Dazzler

Swar_Raj

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 10:28am | IP Logged

Sania Lost Singles Final But Won Gold With Paes
[Wed Dec 13, 2006]

Chinese Zheng Jie dissmissed India's hopes by beating Sania in singles final at 15th Asian Games in Doha. But there was lot to appreciate for India in tennis. Sania took silver in singles event but own gold along with Leander Paes in mixed doubles, while Bhupati-Paes pair own gold in men's double.

Zheng Jie dismissed Sania in three sets of 6-4, 1-6, 6-1. In the finals also Sania got big support from the audience. There was continuous vocal backing for her throughout the tennis tournament.

"It was the first time I experienced such an atmosphere. Sometimes, you just cannot focus on your game. It's like all the Indians were around you. I was affected a lot by them in the second set. But I held on in the third set. It was a tough match," said Zheng.

In the first set both of the player exchanged breaks in 6th and 7th games, but in the decisive 10th game Zheng broke Sania and won the set by 6-4.

In the second set, Sania got her tune and broke Zheng three times to won a set by 6-1. Zheng Said, "In the second set, I had too many unforced errors on some key points. The better she played, the louder the noises and cheers were. At the start of the third set, I told myself to hold on and adapted my mind very well." In third set Zheng broke Sania two times. She won the set by 6-1.

"Though I won the third set 6-1, it was a tough match. It was like a tug-of-war. I managed to give her pressure and tried to be aggressive. Finally, I made it," Zheng said.

At the 15th Asian Games, Sania had not dropped a single set throughout the tournament except the finals. Zheng clinch the first tennis gold for China.

In mixed doubles the Mirza-Paes pair beat the Japanese pair Iwabuchi-Morigami by 7-5, 5-7, 6-2. The Japanese pair was 7th seeded. To win the gold the Paes and Mirza had given a hard battle lasting two hours and 20 minutes.

In men's double the Indian Bhupati-Paes pair dismissed the Thai pair Sanchi Ratiwatana and Sonchat Ratiwatana by 5-7, 7-6(9-7), 6-3. Paes-Bhupati saved seven match points to win the Asian Games gold medal.

Majority

IF-Dazzler

Majority

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Sania should immediately replace Sachin as the National .... national .... well whatever Sachin is ...

NKSUDHIR

IF-Dazzler

NKSUDHIR

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
I don't think she is overhyped and overrated. Once gold and one silver is lot better performance than Indian Cricket Team.

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top