*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Sudhanshu Pandey becomes Akela
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   December 14, 2006

Sudhanshu Pandey

Fireworks Productions' Akela (Sony) is wrapping up on December 30. The production house would have loved to approach the channel for an extension of another 26 episodes but abstained from doing so.

The show, which was shifted from Tuesday to Saturday in order to accommodate Sony's ambitious Bigg Boss, will return on a bigger canvas post the ICC Cricket World Cup next year.

A source from the unit tells us, "Sudhanshu Pandey (who plays the protagonist Ranveer) was the only reason why Fireworks chose to apply the brakes on Akela."

Haughtiness galore

The source says Pandey was extremely rude on the sets. "He used to come late for shooting and even abuse the executive producers. His high-handedness could not be controlled. The show was getting affected adversely."

When contacted, Pandey did not deny that he used to report late on the sets.

"But the delays used to happen from their side as well. Plus, I never used to be so late that the shooting would suffer. One must not forget that delays are an inevitable part of any showthat is shot outdoors. As for me being abusive, that's news to me. I have been in the industry for long, and if I were such a person, I would have been infamous by now. I wouldn't mind doing the second season of Akela next year, provided I have time," explains the singer-cum-actor.

Aap jaa sakte hain

However, Yash Patnaik, Business Head, Fireworks Productions confirms that they had some issues with Pandey. "I did get complaints about Sudhanshu from my directors, actors and unit members on the show. I tried to sort it out amicably. I even had a long chat with him on a couple of occasions."

"Producer B P Singh is very upset with Pandey and Fireworks has no plans of bringing back Pandey in Akela's second season," concludes the source.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/december/148445.htm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sudhanshu Pandey becomes Akela" in Akela forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 14 December 2006 at 10:32am | IP Logged
OMG OMG OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cry

What have you done yaar ????????? Cry

I think that if we email them then they might as per as demand high then supply high! Wink

ANDROMEDA FOR Sudhanshu Pandey Big smile Big smile Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top