Users

Frequent Posters

shoutocake_ thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
This content was originally posted by: nep3

Oh my God..Oh my god ...no 

Our worst fears..
Cried so much. Don't want to spoil it so please watch 

I couldn't watch those last bits, honestly. The whole scene was just... ðŸ¥º   [spoilers ahead in case anyone doesn't want to read them]

Poor, poor Mahi. She believed in the good of her family throughout. Till the end. Thought that they loved her enough - and was proven wrong in such a horrible way. And it's just so damn infuriating, the whole situation.

Mehar Unnissa is one hell of a hypocrite. She herself eloped with Hukum, married him against her family's wishes, but it's such a huge crime for Mahi to do so, too. Well, I guess Farhad being Bali's son had a play in this but still! And Punar is a goddamn hypocrite, as well. Like, what's wrong with him? He tried to convince Rameen for court marriage, knowing she's Bali's daughter, but when his own sister did the same thing for real, he's out for blood. So, what did he think? That unlike Mahi, Rameen doesn't have a family who cared for these things? Give me a break, lol  ðŸ¤”

And yeah, I can understand Jajji's reasoning and all, but still. He knows the Mehars - no matter how much he hoped they would forgive Bali, he knows. Demanding that Mahi goes back home was nothing short of demanding she commit suicide. If anything, Punar popping up in front of their house, ready to open fire on anyone in sight, should've given them even more reason to come up with something to protect Mahi... But then again, maybe to someone like Jajji who loves his kids more than anything else, it might have truly been unfathomable that anyone, let alone a mother, could do this their own child.

I think what upsets me most is how everyone just accepts it. Punar, Mehar Chirag, Mamu Munir - they just accept, even agree with what Mehro did. I hope every single one of them will feel the guilt eat away at them, eventually. There's nothing more destructive for a person than guilt, after all. And there's nothing more disgusting than a family doing this to their own kid, especially in the name of "izzat". 

Anyway, let's see where this is heading. I cannot see Rameen marrying Punar out of any sincere feelings, right now, so curious to see what she'll be up to. And I do want to see Bali slip back into his original role, Jajji maybe too- they've let the Mehars walk all over them because they had wronged them. But somewhere, even they have to draw a line, don't they?
Mintmargarita thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The way they glorified this whole ghairat sequence was nauseating and makes such a wrong impression on minds that could be easily influenced.This society is already fighting with issues like 'honour killing' and every drama right now is serving the same shit. I was disappointed with Qurban but here even Khalil ur Rehman Qamar does the same. I understand its an integral part of our society but then again don't do the glorification of this particular act. 

Everyone has the right to choose their life partners. It's not specific to 'Amreecis' (as they speak in a sarcastic manner). Even religion allows you to choose your own life partner, what's 'beghairti' in doing Nikah  but it's 'ghairatmandi' to kill someone? Jajji's phone conversation with Farhad then Mehr ul Nisa and then Charagh each one of them churned dialogues glorifying this thought of considering women as their property. 

How has Mahi disappointed Chiragh? How come Hukm (who is made into some iconic character), who did Nikah secretly had kids and then stalked Zohra being married to someone else, didn't disappoint Chiragh. 
Ashi22 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Really sad and Disturbing episode. Mahi, s mother is one crazy woman but how can her dada , and brother accept this. I just wish mehru goes to jail for life before she destroy more lives. I m not even interested in punar and rameen love story anymore. Bechara Farhad he really looked broken.
awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
Thank you everybody for sharing your views about this episode, it helped me alot getting off this BIG SHOCK! 
I am really heartbroken. but I can see where Mahi went wrong. She knows her family well. her mother has fire in her heart . she lives her whole life vowing to kill Bali. How can Mahi think that she will forget all this for her daughter's love and happiness?!

Also Jajji and Farhad disappointed me . I wanted them to protect their izzat. now that Mahi became Farhad's wife not anyone's daughter. They wanted to stay safe at the cost of Mahi's life!

As for Chirag and Punar.  I understand their pov, in such a situation . honor killing, ghairat , and izzat are such topics which even most sane ppl may fell for. Seeing Mahi eloping with their enemy's son.. while her shaadi was in cards..the society..their reputation is in serious danger. But I don't think they expected Mehro to kill her. let's see!

I too am not interested in Punar/Rameen love track , or Punar's remorsal. I just want him to die too. 
shoutocake_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: RecklessDemon

The way they glorified this whole ghairat sequence was nauseating and makes such a wrong impression on minds that could be easily influenced.This society is already fighting with issues like 'honour killing' and every drama right now is serving the same shit. I was disappointed with Qurban but here even Khalil ur Rehman Qamar does the same. I understand its an integral part of our society but then again don't do the glorification of this particular act. 

Everyone has the right to choose their life partners. It's not specific to 'Amreecis' (as they speak in a sarcastic manner). Even religion allows you to choose your own life partner, what's 'beghairti' in doing Nikah  but it's 'ghairatmandi' to kill someone? Jajji's phone conversation with Farhad then Mehr ul Nisa and then Charagh each one of them churned dialogues glorifying this thought of considering women as their property. 

How has Mahi disappointed Chiragh? How come Hukm (who is made into some iconic character), who did Nikah secretly had kids and then stalked Zohra being married to someone else, didn't disappoint Chiragh. 

Can't agree more to everything you have pointed out. Everything about this episode was just... disturbing. Disgusting.

@bold: That dialogue had me roll my eyes so hard  ðŸ¥±  People and their perception of "izzat" and putting cultural values (no matter how disturbing those are) above everything else (even religion while pretending to be oh so religious)... Infuriating. Even if Mahi had done something wrong, which she didn't, that wouldn't have given anyone the right to kill her. Honor killings is what the people did during the Jahliyya period by burying their daughters alive instead of risking them marrying someone from an enemy tribe in the future, and it's heavily condemned in the Qur'an. And Farhad and Mahi did Nikkah, they were married lawfully according to the laws of Allah - what the hell does anything else even matter? But then again, people like the Mehars don't care about the important things; they only bother about their false honor and pride and misplaced judgements and righteousness. Sadly enough, we don't lack such people and families within our societies- I do hope that the Mehars suffer beyond any measure and reveive a fitting punishment for this disgusting act; no other way for this show to de-glorify Mahi's murder than by giving justice to her and showing the ruin of the Mehars.

As for Mehar Chirag, there was this scene by Hukum's grave in which Mahi kind of just pointed these things out to him - Hukum's faults, his sins. Sure, Bali killing him wasn't right, but painting that guy as dhood ka dhula bechara, lol. And it's not just Hukum, Mehro eloped with him against her family's wishes (just like Mahi did) and she talks about that oh so proudly even now - hypocrisy doesn't know any boundaries with these people it seems  ðŸ¥±
shoutocake_ thumbnail
@awida: He might even die, chances of that happening aren't too bad. In one of the initial episodes, Mahi told Mehar Unnissa that due to this hatred and thirst for revenge of hers the lineage of the Mehars will die out - could have been a foreshadowing of sorts (like all the hints and talks about Mahi's death)  ðŸ¤”

Rameen telling Mahi that she doesn't know Punar at all, and later Jajji demanding from Farhad that he sends Mahi back home - seems like none of them truly understood their families (as Rameen had been so sure Jajji would protect Farhad and Mahi). The younger generation was probably too optimistic, too idealistic in their views and hopes - which isn't wrong. They were just born into the wrong families, the wrong environment, their realities were too harsh for them to tackle. On that note, Farhad and Mahi should have planned out this whole thing better. The Mehars remain a disgusting bunch of people, keeping that aside, Farhad and Mahi literally had no plan beyond getting married and hiding somewhere for the time being. Even Mahi didn't believe her family would harm her, she knew pretty well they wouldn't hesitate to kill Farhad and yet they didn't prepare for their own protections. There could have been much better preparations, this naivety is just... sad.

I honestly cannot see where this is further headed. And lol, even I couldn't care any less about Punar-Rameen, now. The guy being okay with his sister having been murdered (btw, Mehar Chirag knew perfectly well that Mehro was going to kill Mahi) is pathetic and he deserves misery for that, if that's the case. I also hope Farhad does not drown in his own misery - he should uproot the Mehars and get his wife her justice, both of them deserve as much and more!
awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
@Shoutocake. I hope your predictions come true, and Mahi's murderer get punishment. I am still sad , and how I wish Farhad had a plan. I know Mahi almost forced him to do this marriage. they had at least a happy night.😳 but you see I am still crying. ðŸ˜­ The poor girl shouldn't died like this. ðŸ˜’
I will give Punar a benfefit of doubt. coz he asked Jajji to return his sister back home. I still feel he didn't know that she'll be killed. he loves her very much. and as you said : new generation are too optimistic, too idealistic in their views and hopes! 
nep3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I am sad too ..I had nightmares last night ..all I was thinking about mahi ..mahi knew her mother so why didn't they hide somewhere..I so wish they would have gone to Denmark with them family..yes @ awi..you are right..at least she had a good night together..and she looked beautiful and so much in peace..
I am angry with puner..he wanted to marry Rameen ..dusman's daugher and he let Bali go twice whom his mother were feeding for revenge and when his sister did the same he wanted to kill everyone ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜¡ charming...  i don't have any words for mehru and chirag ..they can rot in hell .
Disappointed with jajji and rammen too ..I thought they will protect mahi but alas they were saving their own life..I thought ramen will persuade jajji to save  mahi ...no one helped mahi ..she thought they will only beat her ðŸ˜­
I understand you have the right to choose your partner but in my opinion if you love someone you should have courage to fight with family..running away and hiding is not good but it's my opinion ðŸ˜ƒ
Next episode is going to be sad too ..
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
oh! just. wow
 laal ishq isn't a show a watch eagerly each week...i usually let a couple of episodes air and then watch them 2-3 at a time and this week I felt i HAD  to comment 
poor Mahi deserved so much more.

the way mehr unnissa was leading her into the room I had a bad feeling about it. 

Mahi was literally the only one who genuinely wanted things to go right from the start and let the past be the past 

i guess if things are bound to get worse, it was better she not see them?

As for the future, i have no clue about the story.