Debate Mansion

is glorification of evil order of the day

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Sunny57

Groupbie

Sunny57

Posted: 27 June 2005 at 10:50pm | IP Logged

I simple wonder whether glorification of evil has become the latest norm - influence of films I suppose - the limited serials we get here in Australia - I feel frustrated that characters like Mahi, Komolika, Rimjhim's daughter  etc etc are glorified with all pomp and show (nika!!!!!) despite committing umpteenth number of crimes, frauds, murders etc. (I still could not get over the fact that Mahi committed a broad day light murder in a hotel without leaving any trace?). Is this the message directors want to convey to the audience that it pays to be evil  these days???  If you are righteous and honest - you would run like chooks and tormented like Kkusum, rimjhim, anurag etc. 

In the land which professes Karma theory - it literally stinks!  Perhaps after glorifying evil for 100 episodes the director would finally punish the evil - but how much impact of this months glorification causes to the immature minds!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "is glorification of evil order of the day" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lashy

IF-Sizzlerz

lashy

Posted: 29 June 2005 at 3:52am | IP Logged
what you have said is a very good point....but the problem is that we are talking about stopping a huge vicious complex cycle...

we must remember that indirectly and in the long run..... the movie & tv producers give us only what we ask for ......ConfusedConfusedConfused

this trend has not started now...it has just culminated over the years. even today, when we talk about sholay it is about gabbar singh rather than amit or dharmu.the villanous forces in these serials are also punished eventually i.e. after 5 years...but epeople may not have the patience to stick to one serial that long and hence, the wrong message is given across...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top