Waaris

FF:Two sides of the same coin. - Page 11

rani7131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Sorry for all the grammatical errors in advance.  And for the long chapter ( and boring) .  Will try to edit it later.  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     Chapter 16

At the venue:-

With Manu and Preet:-

" Why can't I " Preet heard Manu muffled protests from behind the bathroom door; for the fifth time. And Preet just gave the same response. She sat on the couch with Manu Phone in hand, debating whether she should call Lakhan or not.  As much as she wanted to know his condition, she didn't want to bother him.  

So deep in her sentiments, Preet didn't yet realize that Manu was already out of the bath."But Preet my work is done in here" Manu said now getting Preets attention  "And as for the marriage Sukhi Veerji  can manage it--"

"No" Preet said firmly. Still looking at the phone in her hand.  

"But, why? I know you are worried for them as well" Manu said," At least for Lakhan."

Preet whipped her head around and looked him in shock " I'm worried for both of them." Preet shouted more out of shock than anger "Like  Lakhan is my Veera, Gunjan is also  like a sister to me!"

"No! I didn't mean that.  Sorry that came out  totally wrong." Manu said hastily.  He walked up to Preet, sitting along the couch beside her, " I meant to say we should go and help Lakhan. Harjeets' men can be hard to handle..."

Preet remained silent.  She didn't know what to say , she herself was in a dilemma. She wanted to help, but Lakhan had told her not too. She wanted to help him, but didn't want to trouble him.What if her presence only creates more hassle for them. Now she didn't wanted. But what is he is in trouble and needs them? 

Preet took a deep breath and finally spoke,"Lakhan Veerji said that he will ring me once the work is done. Thus, we will wait for sometime." she then looked straight at Manu " But if I still didn't receive his call then we will go to find them."

With Mohini:-

"Can you hear me?"  Mohini asked Pami through the Phone which was linked with the earpiece Pami was wearing; to which Mohini received a high pitched 'Yes!' from the other end. Mohini immediately put the telephone away from her ear. "Fool, stop shouting " she scolded Pami. She then began to instruct her daughter. Sometimes she still wonders if Pami was really her own daughter?  She was nothing like her or Nihal. Once Pami marriage gets fixed with Aman, she can finally bring her son out of the Jail. 

After she was done instructing Pami she just leaned back against the seat.  Mohini had parked her car a bit away; behind the other cars,  from where Pami was standing,  though she could still clearly see her.  Fooling Gunjan will be an easy task.  For once Pami annoying friends came of some use. The Pahuja definitely won't marry a characterless girl.  The Pawania reputation will also be slandered. Now all she had to do was wait.  

Mohini  sensed someone coming.  She at once sat up and started to see around. This definitely not Gunjan as she didn't hear the sound of anklets, and she was right, it was Lakhan.  'How did he manage to get away from the men's ' Mohini thought bewildered, though she knew the answer herself. 

"Pami, Lakhan is coming. Be careful!" Mohini warned Pami through the telephone. 

"Yes Mummy" 

"Don't reply back, be might sense something fishy.  Mein jaise bolu wasa he bolna."   

Pami only nodded at that. Lakhan walked up to Pami smiling sweetly at her "Sauriyakal, Pami Didi" Lakhan said, folding his hand, standing in a polite gesture, to which Pami also greeted him. Mohini  hit her head with her palm. 'Why  are you greeting him.  He is our enemy for Goodness sake!! At that Pami quickly composed herself putting up an angry aspect.  

" What are you doing in here? How did you get away from our men" Pami mimicked Mohini words trying to sound angry

Lakhan stepped back, lifting his hand up in surrender."No, no Didi. You're mistaken, I'm here to help you. I'm here to stop you from making the greatest mistake." 

"Some nerve you have?! Firstly, you sneak into our flat to spy on us. And now you're threatening  me, that I'm making a fault?!"

"No didi! I wasn't threatening you.  And I'm saying the truth, I'm here to help you. I also don't like Gunjan. She only knows to boss around people."

" Then why did you sneak into our--"

"Cause of Harjeet" Lakhan cut in, before she could finish her sentence " what do you think?  Woh meri arti kar, mera  swagat karenge . He will shoot me on sight! He won't even bother, to hear me out. That's why I sneaked in, trying to get to you and Aunty Ji. As you might at least try to hear me out "

'What is he upto'. Mohini thought. There was no way that he would take their side or help them. His family was devoted to those Pawania. Now  curious Mohini said too Pami  "Fine, let him speak" 

" Fine, tell me!" Pami said, crossing her arms in front of her chest. 

" When I sneaked into your flat, I heard your and Aunty Ji conversation.  I didn't wasted another second, and came straight here to stop you"

Now Mohini was getting frustrated.  What is he upto? Why is he talking in riddles. "Tell him to come to the point. 

" Just get to the point" Pami shouted mimicking  Mohini words. Though Pami wasn't frustrated like her mother she was also now getting curious.

"Ok, I'll come to the point.  Do you truely believe that, the Pahujas will call off this Wedding. Just cause of  this Plan,  that Gunjan has been with other men" Lakhan retorted,  he didn't waited for -or even let- Pami to answer and continue, "No. This is not Gaguwal where such things are considered as Taboo.  God knows how  many women Aman  has been  with  before  this  marriage.  These  all are quite normal  in  City. By imposing  this idea  you are  actually doing a favour to  the Pawania.  They  will  get impressed seeing  that Gunjan is a modern girl like them." Lakhan finished

'Oh no!' Now it hit Mohini,  that he was trying to use their plan against them.But she wont let that happen.  "Pami don't listen to him.  He is trying to trick us." Mohini warned Pami but sadly Pami didn't listen to her. 

"Oh no what should I do now Lakhan"  Pami asked worriedly 

"What! Pami are you out of your mind."  Mohini yelled" Can't you see, he is Fooling you.  He is trying to use our plan against us. "

Lakhan just gave her one short reply" Show them." Pami just looked at him confused.  Lakhan smiled with a slight nod, he continued" Show the Pahuja  how modern and experienced you are. that you are not some plain and naive village girl. Why give Gunjan this opportunity? Now go! This your chance, go and impress those Pahujas. 

" You are right" Pami chirped with enthusiasm and  a hint of confidence and immediately ran outside the parking lot.

"No!!" Mohini got out of the car  and yelled at her daughter -still- through the phone."Pami you foolish girl come back in here. Are you deaf. Can't you hear me." She then whipped her head around like a snake and glared at Lakhan.  "You!" she said with malice in her voice.  But stopped when Lakhan raised his hand and showed her the earpiece that Pami was wearing 'What but how did he--'  Mohini shook her head. This wasn't the time. She glared pointedly at Lakhan for one last time before she ran out of there chasing after her foolish daughter. 

Edited by rani7131 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters