Who's the most popular actor excluding Khans? - Page 8

Posted: 6 years ago
Are the Khans even the most popular ??

Im hard pressed to find as many Aamir fans as I do Akshay/Hrithik/Ranbir
Originally posted by .rasgulla.

No it does not.. For instance, when was the last time AB had the highest grosser movie? And yet he is one of the biggest superstars that the country has seen.. Popularity refers to the craze that people have for a celeb, not necessarily an actor.. its about people wanting to know about the celeb, wanting to meet him.. And what do movie reviews have to do with popularity.. reviews are based on the movie a a whole, not just on the actor
As for Amir, I never said he is not popular 
And as for the last bit, LOL, when you cannot discuss anything rationally, bring in the " Since your fav has a flop, you cannot discuss anything with valid points' card

And I am discussing Aamir here, if you didn't see what started the discussion, what is even the point of it? Yeah, I don't agree with these parameters of popularity. Especially not this wild comparison with AB who has successfully transitioned into characters roles. Khans are still doing lead hero roles, toh when they fail miserably in that, their failures will be judged accordingly. When Lal Baadshah etc failed, AB was judged just like this. When you do lead hero roles, your popularity has plenty to do with BO success. If you can't deliver BO success, your star power dwindles. Simple as that. Their job is attracting people to the theatres. I am discussing stuff rationally, I am just laughing at the rapid U-turn many people make when their fave keeps delivering average and flop films. Ab I can't laugh at that also? Anyway to me, popularity has everything to with professional success, especially since the people in question are still doing lead roles and are expected to attract people to theatres. 
πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Fairy_KimBokJoo

And I am discussing Aamir here, if you didn't see what started the discussion, what is even the point of it? Yeah, I don't agree with these parameters of popularity. Especially not this wild comparison with AB who has successfully transitioned into characters roles. Khans are still doing lead hero roles, toh when they fail miserably in that, their failures will be judged accordingly. When Lal Baadshah etc failed, AB was judged just like this. When you do lead hero roles, your popularity has plenty to do with BO success. If you can't deliver BO success, your star power dwindles. Simple as that. Their job is attracting people to the theatres. I am discussing stuff rationally, I am just laughing at the rapid U-turn many people make when their fave keeps delivering average and flop films. Ab I can't laugh at that also? Anyway to me, popularity has everything to with professional success, especially since the people in question are still doing lead roles and are expected to attract people to theatres. 
πŸ˜†
Laugh away.. Who am I to stop you.. πŸ˜†

PS: Technically, didn't you too just write an essay, the very thing you were laughing at when done by other fandoms?πŸ˜†
Edited by .rasgulla. - 6 years ago
Originally posted by glace-bleue

After Hritik...for me its Ranbir who is a complete package for sureπŸ‘πŸΌ

and as for this forum finding Ranbir ugly...this forum aslo find Shahrukh uglyπŸ˜†...not the current one...even the younger Shahrukh...but ugly Shahrukh has millions and millions of girls as his fans...same for Biru...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...well...aisa ugly toh Bhagwaan sabko banayeπŸ˜ƒ

BI ji. Same here! I wish if I was as ugly as him. πŸ˜’

Originally posted by OJ6.0

Are the Khans even the most popular ??

Im hard pressed to find as many Aamir fans as I do Akshay/Hrithik/Ranbir

Aamir fans>Akshay+Hritik+Ranbir
There is no comparison there. He is onto another level right now. Without fans his movies are earning 2000crs? All his recent movies are huge success. Akshay even though his all movies are praised by critic not able to cross 150cr then what type of fan following is this? Better not to talk about Hritik and Ranbir in comparison to Aamir.
Originally posted by llanswerll

Aamir fans>Akshay+Hritik+Ranbir
There is no comparison there. He is onto another level right now. Without fans his movies are earning 2000crs? All his recent movies are huge success. Akshay even though his all movies are praised by critic not able to cross 150cr then what type of fan following is this? Better not to talk about Hritik and Ranbir in comparison to Aamir.

agreed...Its like Aamir doesn't have a single fan...but everyone is Aamir's fan😎
Ajay/ Akshay/ hrithik
Ranveer/ Varun

Ranbir 

Akshay and Varun right now. 
HR and Ajay second. 
Popularity is different from box-office draw or even basic appeal, so apart from Khans, it's Amit jee, Hrithik, Akshay, and Ajay.

People mayn't watch movies or be interested in Bollywood, but they know these names. The younger ones aren't as popular. I've met quite a few people who couldn't recognize Varun, Sid, SSR, Tiger, and the likes.