Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Toilet : Ek Prem Katha Review&BO (Reviews Page 1) (Page 28)

ZanduBaaM IF-Sizzlerz
ZanduBaaM
ZanduBaaM

Posted: 12 August 2017 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pehchaan.Kaun

My review *May contain spoilers* -

Great movie, great performance (needless to say) and great mix of all emotions - love, humour, hard-hitting facts and the battle against 'sabhyata'. 

Pros :

• After reading the reviews about second half being a drag, I had much low expectations. However, surprisingly the issue was actually dealt with its deserving seriousness only in its second half. The whole idea of showing how a family consisting of only male members never understanding the problem of a woman until they really get to LIVE with her is wonderfully shown. Glad that the political agenda was only for last 45 mins-1 hr whereas the rest of the movie solely focussed on the villagers and their mentality about a sauchalaya. Much horrifying but sad reality of our country, isn't it Ouch
  • Loved the fact that along with highlighting the villagers' rotten idea of 'sabhyata', it also blames the WOMEN of the society for this problem. Clap Brave step. It's time women stop seeking help from others and depending on others for issues related to them. No man leaves their battle to woman to fight, they wanted power, they got it themselves. Women need to fight for their rights themselves instead of seeking for their validation. Much important dialog is put in the movie - A time where all women should stand together with each other, they are busy fighting with each other Clap
  • The whole issue was dealt with such satire and humour that it drew so much appreciation, cheering, clapping from the audience. What was not tried before having a permanent fix of the problem man - starting with 'Adjust kar liyo' to giving 'romantic' bike ride to take wife to field for chores to going to somebody's house only to use their bathroom LOL to using a 7-minute stop of a train in a certain station (station without toilet) as a means to use its toilet to actually STEALING a porta-loo ROFL to 'stop eating' LOL. It was really great experience with Keshav and his innovative 'jugaad' way before he finally gets the message. LOL I dont think anything was left for exploring further for a quicker temporary fix. LOL
  • The battle of an average guy whose family is overtly religious but he himself practises a much liberal lifestyle and that, I think, represents the majority of India, who, in their struggle-ful life of earning livelihood, hardly gets time to practise and preach any religion so strongly. Clap I come from a place with 60% of the city is Muslims and rest Hindu (mostly). This is a border of 2 states and with lots of business opportunities. Till date I haven't felt any kind of unrest in my place due to RELIGIOUS belief. Clap Who has time to spout so much venom when they spend 8/9 hrs of the day trying to earn money. Confused Keshav understands the problem and has no issues himself, but surrenders to his father's wish until he fears permanent separation from his wife. Sad that for such guys it takes the wife to go THIS extreme to send a message across. But that's what I have seen happening everywhere around me. Unless the woman reacts strongly, everyone takes her decisions as 'mood-swings' or 'fancy whims'. Clap
  • And the last but the best - Jaya. ShockedStar And 2 stars for her family specially father and uncle StarStar Every girl should have a family like that. The examples of rapes were bang on and hard-hitting Broken Heart. And more so the uncle's question to her mother that if she is WAITING to happen something to her daughter before taking a firm step Clap

Cons :

• One thing I was dreading is to see a sudden change of heart for the old man and bamm, that happens and it's so predictable it kills the fun Angry. I wanted Pandit to leave the family as it is and go to tirthyatra for the rest of his life. He follows 'shashtra' so much, there is this 'Baan-prastha' as part of last stage of one's life where he/she releases himself from all earthly matters and heads towards tirthyatra and devotes the rest of the life to achieve Moksha. I dont understand why old religious people who trouble their families so much with their tantrums and demands, don't follow this pratha as it's very scientific. Anyways, the point is the sudden change was not needed. 
  • Bringing political reference as in official involvements etc wasn't needed. I found it extra and stretchy, however some people around us were like why they didn't show it properly Wink Guess they wanted the movie to stretch further and show scams and Govt'r role a bit more elaborately for them it ended too soon LOL I found it unnecessary.
  • The last reference and attitude of Jaya's family, specially the dialog - My daughter is going to be an example - was SO OTT Sleepy. I mean in such grave personal moment, who talks like that. LOL I felt the director/writer has lost it while penning this down. 

That's all pros and cons from my side from story-telling point of view. Rest whatever questions the movie raises, however it was handled, the sketches of the characters from rural setback, or the level of hypocrisy shown in the grandmom's character who doesn't think TWICE before using the toilet when she herself is in trouble - everything was so bang on Clap. This is how people behave, specially the non-adjusting extremists. Unless they themselves are put in the situation, they never understand a point. Sleepy Anupam Kher's character was lovely and comic relief too specially when he says 'Beti ke ghar ka chaai paani toh peeke hi jaunga' LOL

1 star for the performance of the actors - Star
1 star for highlighting all these issues and pointing out correctly that WHOM to blame - Star
1 star for the comic relief throughout LOL - Star
0.5 star for the story-telling. 

1 star deducted for the predictability in the end LOL 
0.5 star deducted from the story-telling part for the half cooked hotch potch towards the end. LOL

3.5/5 stars from my side. 

P.S. - Some issues highlighted are not just village issues. Even Bachchan Family got Aish married to a tree before marrying her to Abhishek oh such educated high-class people Clap. Women not allowed to enter temples during those days are seen EVERYWHERE. Additional praises for these highlights Clap

Lovely Clap

I am going to watch today with family  Wink 

Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata & Chennai All Going Berserk Today @akshaykumar @psbhumi #TEPK #ToiletEkPremKatha

#ToiletEkPremKatha terrific Sunday much much better than Saturday!!

Edited by ZanduBaaM - 12 August 2017 at 10:47pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pehchaan.Kaun

-Piku- IF-Sizzlerz
-Piku-
-Piku-

Posted: 12 August 2017 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
PK such a detailed review   Clap
I wanted more of Jaya's family. They were so much fun.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Remus.Lupin4Pehchaan.Kaun

ZanduBaaM IF-Sizzlerz
ZanduBaaM
ZanduBaaM

Posted: 12 August 2017 at 10:57pm | IP Logged

Toliet Ek Prem Katha Is Excellent On Day Two
Sunday 13 August 2017 10.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Toilet Ek Prem Katha is set to be a winner at the box office as it did excellent business on Saturday in the 17 crore nett range. The bad since run Bahubali - The Conclusion has been broken and this film will do very well. The growth is phenomenal in North and Gujarat / Saurashtra and this ensures a big run for for the film. Although you always wait for Monday but the way Delhi and big cities have grown in Punjab it looks set for a long run as these places sustain very well. There will be expectations of huge growth again on Sunday but that could be curtailed a little because of this Saturday growth. Sunday growth should be more of the normal tyep. The two day collections of Toilet Ek Prem Katha are as follows.

Friday - 11,71,00,000

Saturday - 17,00,00,000 apprx

Grand Total - 28,71,00,000

The trailer of ths film was much better than the opening and it was an opening which maybe should have been 10% higher but the audience has come out in a big way on Saturday helped by the reports.

Akshay Kumar with #ToiletEkPremKatha emerges as a new hope for the sinking Indian box office

Bumper Opening started #ToiletEkPremKatha sunday ! Mass & class both are going mad

Expected to collect 50 cr plus in weekend, #TEPK is a rocking winner and a solid entertaining movie. Way to go @ToiletTheFilm team.

Standing ovation for a film after a Long time this is #ToiletEkPremKatha Thank you for Infotainment @akshaykumar @psbhumi @AnupamPkher

Delhi ki biggest SS ka haal dekho #ToiletEkPremKatha

12,000 students n teachers formed a human chain on Koppala,Karnataka calling 4 an end to open defecation #ToiletEkPremKatha

Edited by ZanduBaaM - 12 August 2017 at 11:21pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Remus.Lupin4Pehchaan.Kaun-Piku-

2RsFan IF-Stunnerz
2RsFan
2RsFan

Posted: 12 August 2017 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Toilet Ek Prem Katha Creates History Of Its Own
Sunday 13 August 2017 11.00 IST
Box Office India Trade Network
Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis
Follow Us Twitter logo link
Toilet Ek Prem Katha has created history of its own as no film which has collected over 10 crore nett on day one has ever shown this much growth on day two. The collections on Saturday are an apprx number of 17 crore nett but on this the film has shown growth of 45%. This is unheard of for films at this level. There are films which collected 4 or 5 crore nett which show growth of over 50% like a Neerja and Pink and others but these films have low numbers are are only catering to a minority so the growth can easily come. Here with Toilet Ek Prem Katha its 2000 theatres and to get this sort of growth is unbelievable. If you get 20% growth for a film collecting 10 crore nett plus its a big achievement and here its more than double that.

The closest example is Tanu Weds Manu Returns which grew 48% but this film collected under 10 crore nett at 8.75 crore nett and went to 13 crore nett on Sunday which is 48.5% growth. Again these are lower numbers so the lower the numbers go then higher growth is possible. The importance of growth is also the right areas because sometimes films show growth but internally you know its in the areas which can struggle on Monday as they dont sustain well and it is not the case here. The film has the potential to go anywhere.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Remus.Lupin4Pehchaan.Kaun-Piku-ZanduBaaM

cougarTown IF-Rockerz
cougarTown
cougarTown

Posted: 12 August 2017 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Finally a hit after bahubali 
akshay on a golden spree

Remus.Lupin4Pehchaan.KaunZanduBaaM

-Piku- IF-Sizzlerz
-Piku-
-Piku-

Posted: 12 August 2017 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
17 crores wow. Today will be better and 15th Aug even higher.

Pehchaan.Kaun IF-Rockerz
Pehchaan.Kaun
Pehchaan.Kaun

Posted: 12 August 2017 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
48% growth !! Stern Smile

Dikh raha hai ke how badly BW lovers wanted ONE good movie this year to enjoy with family + girlfriend. Sauchalay wala movie se bhi sharma/katra nahi rahe LOL. Mere aankh bhar aaye for all BW lovers including me EmbarrassedLOL. God bless us all and BW please keep giving movies like this classes+masses. Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Remus.Lupin4hermione82-Piku-Jiyagulabi

-Piku- IF-Sizzlerz
-Piku-
-Piku-

Posted: 13 August 2017 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pehchaan.Kaun

48% growth !!Stern Smile

Dikh raha hai ke how badly BW lovers wanted ONE good movie this year to enjoy with family + girlfriend. Sauchalay wala movie se bhi sharma/katra nahi raheLOL. Mere aankh bhar aaye for all BW lovers including meEmbarrassedLOL. God bless us all and BW please keep giving movies like this classes+masses.Big smile

The scene when Keshav gets married his happiness and the way he is so excited that is me right now LOL

Remus.Lupin4Pehchaan.KaunU_R_MY_BITCH

Go to top