Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 years ago
Bollywood HungamaVerified account @Bollyhungama  
More

#BoxOffice: #ToiletEkPremKatha collects 13.10 cr on Fri (Day 1), 17.10 cr on Sat (Day 2). Total- 30.20 cr India biz. #TEPK

1 reply11 retweets22 likes

Retweet

Direct message
LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
How's the movie ? Not asking the critics reviews but the audience feedback ?
Is it worth watching with family on Sunday ?
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: MrsChandlerBing

How's the movie ? Not asking the critics reviews but the audience feedback ?
Is it worth watching with family on Sunday ?

it is fun filled movie. I thought it would be super preachy, but the preachiness was limited. So enjoyed it.
But if you are taking kids, be prepared for few double meaning stuffs(Bhaiya aab Dangal karego, Teen baar utha chuki ho and so on).
Although kids will not understand them, so still in safe side. Plus there are scenes where people are urinating and sanitation stuffs openly (no display of genitals or bottom though). But those scenes are important because if you don't hit someone on the guts, they will not feel it.Edited by U_R_MY_BITCH - 6 years ago
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pehchaan.Kaun

48% growth !! 😳

Dikh raha hai ke how badly BW lovers wanted ONE good movie this year to enjoy with family + girlfriend. Sauchalay wala movie se bhi sharma/katra nahi rahe 😆. Mere aankh bhar aaye for all BW lovers including me 😳😆. God bless us all and BW please keep giving movies like this classes+masses. 😃

Content is the king these days. ⭐️
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Margaret at dontcallitbollywood.com has come out a great post about the movie.It's interesting to see how someone who is not from India views our social problems and prejudices.And bonus,she doesn't like Akshay's dad either!Check it out

https://dontcallitbollywood.com/2017/08/12/toilet-ek-prem-katha-review-spoilers-ignores-the-obvious-villain/
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pehchaan.Kaun

My review *May contain spoilers* -

Great movie, great performance (needless to say) and great mix of all emotions - love, humour, hard-hitting facts and the battle against 'sabhyata'. 

Pros :

• After reading the reviews about second half being a drag, I had much low expectations. However, surprisingly the issue was actually dealt with its deserving seriousness only in its second half. The whole idea of showing how a family consisting of only male members never understanding the problem of a woman until they really get to LIVE with her is wonderfully shown. Glad that the political agenda was only for last 45 mins-1 hr whereas the rest of the movie solely focussed on the villagers and their mentality about a sauchalaya. Much horrifying but sad reality of our country, isn't it . 
  • Loved the fact that along with highlighting the villagers' rotten idea of 'sabhyata', it also blames the WOMEN of the society for this problem. 👏 Brave step. It's time women stop seeking help from others and depending on others for issues related to them. No man leaves their battle to woman to fight, they wanted power, they got it themselves. Women need to fight for their rights themselves instead of seeking for their validation. Much important dialog is put in the movie - A time where all women should stand together with each other, they are busy fighting with each other 👏. 
  • The whole issue was dealt with such satire and humour that it drew so much appreciation, cheering, clapping from the audience. What was not tried before having a permanent fix of the problem man - starting with 'Adjust kar liyo' to giving 'romantic' bike ride to take wife to field for chores to going to somebody's house only to use their bathroom 😆 to using a 7-minute stop of a train in a certain station (station without toilet) as a means to use its toilet to actually STEALING a porta-loo 🤣 to 'stop eating' 😆. It was really great experience with Keshav and his innovative 'jugaad' way before he finally gets the message. 😆 I dont think anything was left for exploring further for a quicker temporary fix. 😆
  • The battle of an average guy whose family is overtly religious but he himself practises a much liberal lifestyle and that, I think, represents the majority of India, who, in their struggle-ful life of earning livelihood, hardly gets time to practise and preach any religion so strongly. 👏 I come from a place with 60% of the city is Muslims and rest Hindu (mostly). This is a border of 2 states and with lots of business opportunities. Till date I haven't felt any kind of unrest in my place due to RELIGIOUS belief. 👏 Who has time to spout so much venom when they spend 8/9 hrs of the day trying to earn money. 😕 Keshav understands the problem and has no issues himself, but surrenders to his father's wish until he fears permanent separation from his wife. Sad that for such guys it takes the wife to go THIS extreme to send a message across. But that's what I have seen happening everywhere around me. Unless the woman reacts strongly, everyone takes her decisions as 'mood-swings' or 'fancy whims'. 👏
  • And the last but the best - Jaya. 😲⭐️ And 2 stars for her family specially father and uncle ⭐️⭐️ Every girl should have a family like that. The examples of rapes were bang on and hard-hitting 💔. And more so the uncle's question to her mother that if she is WAITING to happen something to her daughter before taking a firm step 👏. 

Cons :

• One thing I was dreading is to see a sudden change of heart for the old man and bamm, that happens and it's so predictable it kills the fun 😡. I wanted Pandit to leave the family as it is and go to tirthyatra for the rest of his life. He follows 'shashtra' so much, there is this 'Baan-prastha' as part of last stage of one's life where he/she releases himself from all earthly matters and heads towards tirthyatra and devotes the rest of the life to achieve Moksha. I dont understand why old religious people who trouble their families so much with their tantrums and demands, don't follow this pratha as it's very scientific. Anyways, the point is the sudden change was not needed. 
  • Bringing political reference as in official involvements etc wasn't needed. I found it extra and stretchy, however some people around us were like why they didn't show it properly 😉 Guess they wanted the movie to stretch further and show scams and Govt'r role a bit more elaborately for them it ended too soon 😆 I found it unnecessary.
  • The last reference and attitude of Jaya's family, specially the dialog - My daughter is going to be an example - was SO OTT 🥱. I mean in such grave personal moment, who talks like that. 😆 I felt the director/writer has lost it while penning this down. 

That's all pros and cons from my side from story-telling point of view. Rest whatever questions the movie raises, however it was handled, the sketches of the characters from rural setback, or the level of hypocrisy shown in the grandmom's character who doesn't think TWICE before using the toilet when she herself is in trouble - everything was so bang on 👏. This is how people behave, specially the non-adjusting extremists. Unless they themselves are put in the situation, they never understand a point. 🥱 Anupam Kher's character was lovely and comic relief too specially when he says 'Beti ke ghar ka chaai paani toh peeke hi jaunga' 😆. 

1 star for the performance of the actors - ⭐️
1 star for highlighting all these issues and pointing out correctly that WHOM to blame - ⭐️
1 star for the comic relief throughout 😆 - ⭐️
0.5 star for the story-telling. 

1 star deducted for the predictability in the end 😆 
0.5 star deducted from the story-telling part for the half cooked hotch potch towards the end. 😆

3.5/5 stars from my side. 

P.S. - Some issues highlighted are not just village issues. Even Bachchan Family got Aish married to a tree before marrying her to Abhishek oh such educated high-class people 👏. Women not allowed to enter temples during those days are seen EVERYWHERE. Additional praises for these highlights 👏. 

Wow what a review.. 
DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Mujhe aaj pata chala is film ka director mere papa ke friend ke chhote bhai ka friend hai...😆
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Taran Adarsh
#ToiletEkPremKatha witnessed FANTASTIC growth on Sat... Strong word of mouth is translating into MASSIVE numbers... #TEPK

Taran Adarsh
#ToiletEkPremKatha has pumped oxygen in the lungs of an ailing film industry... The dry spell at the BO ends finally! #TEPK
Saw it

Barring what Akshay does off screen which I can't stand

I loved this movie. It's not amazing but it's important and well made. Well performed by whole cast. Brings out many flaws in Indian society. Which makes all this super conservative issues look compete absurd
I_M_SultaN thumbnail
watched it
 a good movie very enteraining firrst half

surpsrringly i liked the 2nd half more