Debate Mansion

Dumb blondes- Media myth or reality?? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 4:39pm | IP Logged

LoL most "dumb" blonded I have come across are actually natural brunettes. Girls with naturally golden blonde hair are actually being extinctCry, according to studies, and they aren't very common, and the natural blondes I have met are intelligentSmile. Many blondes are actually a result of hair bleaching, just ask as many blondes you see. Most of them are either light brown/dirty blonde or brunettes, and not many are natural.Wink

So the real question is, if blonde girls are dumb, is it a result of the bleach seeping down too far into the scalp and penetrating the brain?ConfusedLOLTongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dumb blondes- Media myth or reality?? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Blondes 'to die out in 200 years'
Scientists believe the last blondes will be in Finland
The last natural blondes will die out within 200 years, scientists believe. A study by experts in Germany suggests people with blonde hair are an endangered species and will become extinct by 2202. Researchers predict the last truly natural blonde will be born in Finland - the country with the highest proportion of blondes.

The frequency of blondes may drop but they won't disappear

Prof Jonathan Rees, University of Edinburgh
But they say too few people now carry the gene for blondes to last beyond the next two centuries. The problem is that blonde hair is caused by a recessive gene. In order for a child to have blonde hair, it must have the gene on both sides of the family in the grandparents' generation. Dyed rivals The researchers also believe that so-called bottle blondes may be to blame for the demise of their natural rivals. They suggest that dyed-blondes are more attractive to men who choose them as partners over true blondes.
Tory MP Ann Widdecombe
Bottle-blondes like Ann Widdecombe may be to blame
But Jonathan Rees, professor of dermatology at the University of Edinburgh said it was unlikely blondes would die out completely. "Genes don't die out unless there is a disadvantage of having that gene or by chance. They don't disappear," he told BBC News Online. "The only reason blondes would disappear is if having the gene was a disadvantage and I do not think that is the case. "The frequency of blondes may drop but they won't disappear."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2284783.stm

Here is the articleSmile

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

There are many women though (not majority of them, but many) who think that because they are intelligent (some only so in their own perception) men around them must automatically feel intimidated. (how dare they feel otherwise?) They are not comfortable with men being comfortable around them.
Sometimes I find them amusing, mostly irritating.

Some of them I have felt like saying: Look, I am sure someone somewhere must have told you that you are smart and meant it. But I have met plenty of smart folks and just trust me...you ain't one of them!

Fortunately none of the ladies on DM - all of whom are extreemly smart I might add - are like that!

Men usually are so self absorbed when the think they are smart that they do not really know or care how people around them are feeling or should be feeling!

Agree whatever Abhijit ji has said .Women are more emotional than men.

amalia

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

bigmouth

IF-Dazzler

bigmouth

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

There are many women though (not majority of them, but many) who think that because they are intelligent (some only so in their own perception) men around them must automatically feel intimidated. (how dare they feel otherwise?) They are not comfortable with men being comfortable around them.
Sometimes I find them amusing, mostly irritating.

Some of them I have felt like saying: Look, I am sure someone somewhere must have told you that you are smart and meant it. But I have met plenty of smart folks and just trust me...you ain't one of them!

Fortunately none of the ladies on DM - all of whom are extreemly smart I might add - are like that!

Men usually are so self absorbed when the think they are smart that they do not really know or care how people around them are feeling or should be feeling!

Agree whatever Abhijit ji has said .Women are more emotional than men.

haan ji agreed.Smile

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

I always love Ashu's posts, never dreamt of talking about the DB myth in her post. Cry

Never underestimate boredom QT!!!LOL

Edited by TallyHo - 12 December 2006 at 10:48pm

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 10:50pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by MNMS

Sorry... but i couldn't get the phrase "Dump Blond".. Did you mean "Display of beauty without brains in media" Confused ..sorry ... im confused Confused

Dear Maryam,

Dont worry...Ashu Aunty will explain...LOL

From Wikipedia...

"The dumb blonde is a stereotype typically applied to women (but may be applied to men) with blonde hair color, which achieved a degree of prominence in popular usage. Several notable actresses have been labelled "dumb blondes", Marilyn Monroe and Suzanne Somers (due to her role as Chrissy Snow on Three's Company) being perhaps two of the most notable examples. Dolly Parton is an example of a singer who used this image to her own benefit, singing songs such as "Dumb Blonde". Goldie Hawn is best known for playing a dumb blonde in several roles, including the stage persona she used on Laugh-In. Jessica Simpson is famous for her 'real life' dumb blonde persona. Paris Hilton is also considered a prominent dumb blonde judging on her many escapades that leak into the tabloids and the media. The bimbo is a similar stereotype, though a bimbo can have any hair color.

There is a common category of jokes that employ the dumb-blonde stereotype for their effect. They usually have a blonde asking the other person in the joke a very stupid question, only to give an even more stupid answer herself."...

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 10:53pm | IP Logged

What is called when a blond dyes her hair brunnette?
Artificial intelligence....

LOL...Love that one Abhijit...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top