Dumb blondes- Media myth or reality?? - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

There are many women though (not majority of them, but many) who think that because they are intelligent (some only so in their own perception) men around them must automatically feel intimidated. (how dare they feel otherwise?) They are not comfortable with men being comfortable around them.
Sometimes I find them amusing, mostly irritating.

Some of them I have felt like saying: Look, I am sure someone somewhere must have told you that you are smart and meant it. But I have met plenty of smart folks and just trust me...you ain't one of them!

Fortunately none of the ladies on DM - all of whom are extreemly smart I might add - are like that!

Men usually are so self absorbed when the think they are smart that they do not really know or care how people around them are feeling or should be feeling!

Agree whatever Abhijit ji has said .Women are more emotional than men.

Originally posted by TallyHo

" Dumb blondes"- is it just a sterotype created by the media or do they actually exist??

it is a stereotype!

Is it just a gimmick by some celebrities to gain attention- eg Paris Hilton??

yes...apparently all beauty and no brains is attractive...don't ask why

Do we have a desi equivalent of dumb blondes? - Mallika Sherawat comes to mindπŸ˜›

I will have to agree w/ you on that tally...but we can't judge a book by it's coverπŸ˜‰ i'm sure there's more to mallika sherawat than the facade she puts up as dumb and beautiful!

Does the dumb act attract the opposite sex?

I don't think so! It's just a myth....of course there are some people who use and discard (players)...so for them, maybe dumb women are attractive cuz they don't question them!

Are males threatened by female intelligence??

why should they be threatened?! Why should females be less intelligent than males?!

sorry i'm answering back w/ more questions!😳

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Agree whatever Abhijit ji has said .Women are more emotional than men.

haan ji agreed.😊

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

I always love Ashu's posts, never dreamt of talking about the DB myth in her post. 😭

Never underestimate boredom QT!!!πŸ˜†

Edited by TallyHo - 17 years ago

Originally posted by MNMS

Sorry... but i couldn't get the phrase "Dump Blond".. Did you mean "Display of beauty without brains in media" πŸ˜• ..sorry ... im confused πŸ˜•

Dear Maryam,

Dont worry...Ashu Aunty will explain...πŸ˜†

From Wikipedia...

"The dumb blonde is a stereotype typically applied to women (but may be applied to men) with blonde hair color, which achieved a degree of prominence in popular usage. Several notable actresses have been labelled "dumb blondes", Marilyn Monroe and Suzanne Somers (due to her role as Chrissy Snow on Three's Company) being perhaps two of the most notable examples. Dolly Parton is an example of a singer who used this image to her own benefit, singing songs such as "Dumb Blonde". Goldie Hawn is best known for playing a dumb blonde in several roles, including the stage persona she used on Laugh-In. Jessica Simpson is famous for her 'real life' dumb blonde persona. Paris Hilton is also considered a prominent dumb blonde judging on her many escapades that leak into the tabloids and the media. The bimbo is a similar stereotype, though a bimbo can have any hair color.

There is a common category of jokes that employ the dumb-blonde stereotype for their effect. They usually have a blonde asking the other person in the joke a very stupid question, only to give an even more stupid answer herself."...

What is called when a blond dyes her hair brunnette?
Artificial intelligence....

πŸ˜†...Love that one Abhijit...

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

There are many women though (not majority of them, but many) who think that because they are intelligent (some only so in their own perception) men around them must automatically feel intimidated. (how dare they feel otherwise?) They are not comfortable with men being comfortable around them.

My hubby had a female boss in his previous job...he would hug u in agreement with this one...πŸ˜†...

Edited by TallyHo - 17 years ago
Originally posted by MonicA#1Actress

LoL most "dumb" blonded I have come across are actually natural brunettes. Girls with naturally golden blonde hair are actually being extinct😭, according to studies, and they aren't very common, and the natural blondes I have met are intelligent😊. Many blondes are actually a result of hair bleaching, just ask as many blondes you see. Most of them are either light brown/dirty blonde or brunettes, and not many are natural.πŸ˜‰

So the real question is, if blonde girls are dumb, is it a result of the bleach seeping down too far into the scalp and penetrating the brain?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜›

Awwww ...blondes will be extinct...

that gives me another reason to support space exploration.πŸ˜‰...we need to find more of em...!!!

Originally posted by TallyHo

[

Awwww ...blondes will be extinct...

that gives me another reason to support space exploration.πŸ˜‰...we need to find more of em...!!!

ROTFL  Tallyho @ that! πŸ˜†
I have reason to believe that they will be found in abundance on Mars... πŸ˜†