Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 12:34am | IP Logged

" Dumb blondes"- is it just a sterotype created by the media or do they actually exist??

Is it just a gimmick by some celebrities to gain attention- eg Paris Hilton??

Do we have a desi equivalent of dumb blondes? - Mallika Sherawat comes to mindTongue

Does the dumb act attract the opposite sex?

Are males threatened by female intelligence??

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dumb blondes- Media myth or reality??" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Majority

IF-Dazzler

Majority

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 1:01am | IP Logged
" Dumb blondes" - is it just a sterotype created by the media or do they actually exist??
There are dumb blondes and dumb brunettes. Then there are clever blondes and clever brunettes.

Dumb blondes are west's equivalent to the desi Surd

Of course it is. The very existence of Paris Hilton and her ilk is completely dependant on media exposure, media exposure and media exposure for having zero talent, zero talent and zero talent.

I find this very sad actually.

Do we have a desi equivalent of dumb blondes? - Mallika Sherawat comes to mindTongue
Maybe Malaika Aurora?

Maybe. Not me though.

Some are for sure. Not me though

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 1:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

" Dumb blondes"- is it just a sterotype created by the media or do they actually exist??

They exist.

Pity them for their foolish tricks

Actually !!! Most of the celebrities are dumb blondes but nowadays some intelligent creatures are also coming into this celebrity category.

God gave us these eyes to watch his/her wonderful creations.So nothing wrong in watch eye candy people.As these celebrities have nothing to do with our daily activities we should'nt bother much about their intelligence,they are born for entertaining us from far....

Even then ,I like to talk to intelligent people rather handsome people.

Definitely!!! But a Father may not be scared by daughter's intelligence.

A Brother may not be scared of Sister's intelligence.

A friend (not boy friend type.... seedha sadha friend) may not be scared about his girl friend's intelligence.

But ... a husband is definitely scared of Wife's intelligence and an intelligent wife will not try to display her intelligence but implement her intelligence rather.

Cheers,

Mythili

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Sorry... but i couldn't get the phrase "Dump Blond".. Did you mean "Display of beauty without brains in media" Confused ..sorry ... im confused Confused

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 4:21am | IP Logged
QT's pet peeve Wink .....

The bimbette act might garner publicity(mostly negative),but dont really know whether its considered to be a turn on....Which intelligent person would like the company of someone who is mentally vacuous??

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 5:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Buffie

QT's pet peeve Wink .....

The bimbette act might garner publicity(mostly negative),but dont really know whether its considered to be a turn on....Which intelligent person would like the company of someone who is mentally vacuous??

You said it Buffie! 

Ofcourse there is no sense  in the term "dumb blonde".
There are brilliant and exceptionally dumb people of all races and hair color. 

How about the south asian girls/boys going blonde Dead in the name of vogue?  The  fake wannabes? Wink 

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 5:56am | IP Logged
I always love Ashu's posts, never dreamt of talking about the DB myth in her post. Cry

Originally posted by TallyHo

Ofcourse a sterotype.  dumb people come in all color, hair color, shapes and sizes.  Dumbness may be used for publicity, but dragging the word blonde with it - well, irritates me.   Who knows what their hair actually s anyway?  Your Dumb B can go Dumb Brunette the next day.  Remember Brittney?  Remember Ashley Simpson?

may be.  we don't know how dumb she exactly is.  If this kind of publicity worked wonders for her, she herself would be an example of just pretending to be dumb.

See, since I don't believe in the term dumb blonde, I cannot say that.  I don't knw MS.  if she acts / is dumb, then well, she is dumb. 

One must appreciate the variety of people dwelling on the earth.  I am sure some are attracted to dumb people.  Not just opposite, but same sex too.

once again, no generalization.  some men are, some are not.  some go to an extreme of thinking that female intelligence is a myth.  LOL

mqt

Edited by mermaid_QT - 12 December 2006 at 6:01am

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Some of us use different titles on people we hate/love/cherish/blah blah blah....

airheads do exist in all races all colours..that is indisputable..

certain races are associated with ertain types of namecalling from what I understand...
and for blond ladies..dumb...

but anything and everything is used for making a front page or atleast page 3 news.. even "dumb blond" can be used as a title..lolz..maybe the people who use it for themselves are too dumb to realise their implications itself(read hilton).. as for other people.. they just are used to express their hatred...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top