The Lawyer in kitchen Bridge chapter 3 A link on page 14

Posted: 6 years ago
Hey friends.

Some of you are already acquainted with the my book on Wattpad THE LAWYER IN THE KITCHEN. For the ones who are not I would love it if you give this book a read.

I am going to be posting a couple of chapters here for you all to take a look and going forward the direct links of the chapters as I update them.

Link : https://www.wattpad.com/304869405-the-lawyer-in-the-kitchen-edkv-chapter-1

Chapter 1

Suman's POV.

I knew it! I just knew it. No matter what people said, I was sure that things could not end so easily. I ducked behind the cupboard, hoping I had not been seen. I was not going to ruin things by alerting him. It would ruin everything if he realised I was just behind, within reachable distance.

I look around desperately for something to fling on him and ensure others also see him, and believe me. I saw an empty jute sack not far from where I was standing. Perfect! He won't even be able move once this lands on him I thought with a triumphant smile.

I bend down slightly on my knees and reach out

"SUMO!

I jump startled and fall in a clumsy heap giving away myself. Oh no!

I look at his direction worried and our eyes meet before he runs away and hides.

I turn angrily towards the owner of the voice. "Pushker! You good for nothing oaf! Why are you  trying to puncture your lungs? I ask angrily as I bat away the hand he had extended to help away. I leap up and stand in front of him, my hands on my hips.

"What were you doing, slumped behind this cupboard? He asked me ignoring my question. I turn away from him feeling beyond pissed at him. Silly guy! Ruined my chance. I had been so close.  But where did he go? I am sure he is still hiding somewhere close.

I look around, squinting my eyes in my attempt to spot the runaway chap.

"Sumo-"

"Shhh! He will hear you. I can see him now. I say as I grab the sack and move forward slowly.

"Who will hear me? Pushkar asked not bothering to lower his voice.

I turn and fling the sack on him angrily. "He got away again!

"Sumo, you have an invisible male friend in your kitchen? Naughty girl! He tweaks my cheek and quickly ducks out of reach as I try to hit him.

"The RAT you silly guy!

"You have been jumping around like a bandit queen for a rat! And how do you know it is a he'?

"It has been living here alone since past few weeks, only a male will be doing that! I say sarcastically.

"It is here alone since few weeks? Then I guess you are right, it has to be male mouse.

I narrow my eyes at him. Why is he agreeing?

"I mean a female would have got pregnant and delivered by now! He laughs as he runs, trying to get away from me.

"Why are you here? I ask him as he runs to the other side of the kitchen counter in his attempt to get away from me.

"Shravan bhaiya called today morning-"

"Who is Shravan? I don't know any Shravan. I say turning away from him, so that he does see my cheeks getting a pink hue. And heart will you please stop jumping around in my chest??

"He is my brother, he lives in Denmark.

"Denmark!! When did he leave London?

"Yay! Your memory is restored. Pushkar said.

Oops! I can almost feel this big oaf smirking.

"London! I have absolutely no idea who lives there. I just thought it could be London. You know Denmark is so far away from Delhi. I blabber.

Way to go Sumo! You don't need anyone else, you are self-equipped to embarrass yourself I say to myself as I hear Pushkar's utterly delighted laughter from behind me.

"What exactly were you planning to do with the sack? Make a tent for your friend, the rat?

"Haha very funny. I poked my tongue at him. "I am going to catch hold of the rat and take it outside to my family. They don't believe me when I say food is going missing because of him and not because of me and my cousins gorging on it.

"Aww.. You are going to formally introduce the rat to family? How sweet is that? I will soot this occasion. This video will go viral on the internet-"His silly rant got interrupted as I poured water over his head.

I laughed at his stunned expression. I ran out of the kitchen with him chasing on my heels with a jug of water. As I reached halfway to the hall I stilled at the voice that reached my ears.

I pricked my ears in my attempt to hear better, and prove myself wrong.

My eyes widened as I felt myself freeze. Shravan! How can he be here? He was in London this morning when he spoke to Pushkar and it is not even noon yet!

"Got you! I heard Pushkar's voice as water poured over my head. The silly ass! "

I turned towards him, still in compete state of shock. "Shravan? Why? I mean how? I mean he was in London today morning when you spoke to him on phone? It cannot be him. I know it is not him-"

"He called from New Delhi airport. That is what I was trying to tell you! He gave us all a pleasant surprise with this visit.

I looked at him stunned. He is telling this to me now? " It would give me a great pleasure to kill you right now. I tell him with a scathing look. I want to scrape that devilish grin out of his face right now with a knife!

"Suman! Look who is here!. I hear my Aunty say as she caught sight of me from where she was sitting.

Drat! I was just about to sneak away.

"Suman, guess who it is? I hear my uncle say, though he could not see me as I was still away from the hall.

I held back the groan that threatened to come out me. No way! Not when I am looking like that rat in the kitchen with water dripping from me!

I need to get away! I cannot go in front of him without fixing myself up!

I gasp as I feel myself suddenly pulled forward. "Pushkar! Leave my hand. Wait!

Too late! I look desperately around and lo- Our eyes meet! I cannot help but stare.

My heart! Oh my heart! Don't give up on me yet. It does not help when he lets his eyes roam over me and takes in my current state.a

"Suman what have you been upto? I hear my Aunty's disproving voice.

Of course! Point it out to be to be sure he does not miss. I break eye contact with Shravan with effort and glare at Pushkar who is by now sitting next to Shravan, grinning like a cheeky monkey.

Why is no one noticing how this silly coot is looking?

&&&

A/N: And they meet! Next chapter Shravan's POV and also their discussions! Stay tuned guys.

And go on,  write your views on this rather short introductory chapter.

Love, from me to you.

Currently the book is updated till chapter 86. The links to the last three chapters are below.

Happy reading!

Chapter 84: https://www.wattpad.com/437161199-the-lawyer-in-the-kitchen-edkv-chapter-84.

Chapter 85 : https://www.wattpad.com/439489428-the-lawyer-in-the-kitchen-edkv-chapter-85.

Chapter 86 : https://www.wattpad.com/441221213-the-lawyer-in-the-kitchen-edkv-chapter-86

Edited by ShilpiK021 - 6 years ago

Chapter 2.

Shravan's POV

"Suman! Look who is here! Manju Mami, Sumo's maternal Aunty calls out to her.

My breath hitches in my lungs even before she completes her sentence. My senses seem to pause and I don't pay attention to anything else being said.

I have been telling myself repeatedly, stubbornly, I have come to this house to meet with the family and don't really care about meeting Sumo. However, much as I like go deny it, I know that is not the truth. The reason I rushed here almost immediately after reaching home was with the hope to meet her, see her.

Ten years! It is almost a life time. I have been angry, hurt but above all was the feeling of missing her.

She is here! She is here! My mind seems to rant as she comes into the room, dragged by Pushkar. For a brief moment our eyes lock and in that instance the ten years seem to melt away.

Then my mind seems to kick start. Why did Pushkar have to pull her in? Did she not want to meet me? A heavy despair threatens to take over my heart and I push it away determinately and I let anger take over me.

I pull away my eyes from her face and focus on my shoes. I soon realise both Pushkar and Sumo are wet. This makes me angrier. Upon knowing about my visit, instead to coming and meeting me, she was happily fooling around.

If she does not care, then why should I? And no! I did not bring that gift in my pocket for her I tell my mind. I will eat the chocolates as well that I brought for her. I should have known she has not changed. Ten years back she had been eager to send me away and now too she is indifferent!

"So Shravan, what do you do in your free time in London? Sumo's uncle's voice sliced through my angry musings.

"Sumo-"Oh crap! Shravan Malhotra, take hold of your mind and heart. Stop thinking about her!

"I I mean summon. I have to summon people as to discuss case details as a lawyer. I try to cover my slip up with the silliest possible explanation.

Pushkar's chuckle from beside me earned him a glare. He grinned at me in return and turned his gaze towards Sumo.

"Sumo! Why don't you tell bhaiya- er - everyone about your friend, before you introduce him?

What??

"Suman's friend? What is Pushkar saying Suman? Manju Mami asks Suman.

"He is talking crap! Sumo says, as she directs a warning look towards Pushkar. There is someone, I realise.

I try to ignore the pain in my heart. Fool! A complete fool I have been to come here.

"We need to go now. I say standing up suddenly. I need to get away from here. There is nothing left here for me. Not that anything was here in the first place I try to remind myself.

"No Absolutely not Shravan. You have come after so many years. You cannot leave just like that. Suman ask your friend to stay. Suman's uncle tells her.

Friend! I seem to have developed an allergy to that word just now. I am no friend of hers. She has the other friend.

"Er. Hello Shravan- Um Stay- please. Sumo says not meeting my eyes.

"Um- Hello Sumo. No, thank you. I manage to say somehow.  Our first words exchanged after ten  years!

"Um Hello, we can actually stay. Pushkar says looking delighted with our exchange. He of course has to rub it in! I can see he is totally entertained.

"Teatime! I see Sumo's cousin Preeti entering with a tray. Pushkar pulls me down making me sit again.

"How much sugar? " Preeti asks me.

"Two tea-"Great going Shravan! " Er- two cups. "

"Two spoon sugar. Sumo says.

I am careful not to look at her. I am sure she does not remember, just guessed it from my amazing attempt of making a fool of myself.

You successful lawyer from London, why the hell are you so effected by this girl, who is not even happy to see you? I berate myself angrily.

"Biscuit.Preeti pushes the cream ones towards me.

"No these. Sumo says as she brings the plate of salted ones in front of me. She remembers! My heart launches itself in a happy dance. Just a chance I insist to myself and purposely take one cream one. "Thank you. I say not looking at Sumo.

And there is absolutely no need to feel guilty! I tell that silly subconscious voice within me again.

"Tch tch I hear Pushkar utter softly, for my ears only.

I decide to ignore him. I take sip from my cup of tea and gasp as I feel a burning sensation on my knee. What the hell?

"Oh no Shravan, you dropped tea on yourself! Sumo said her voice dripping with sweetness.

What? How? I glance at my cup startled. It is almost full of course! I look at Sumo's cup and see a tell tale drop of tea running from it's side!

Did she just pour scalding hot tea on me? I think to myself stunned.

"Come I will help you clean. Sumo says continuing with that sweet tone as others around us start fussing over me.

I don't miss the glint in her eyes as she looks at me. What is this girl upto? I stand up quietly, aware that all in the room have eyes on us. I follow her out of the room. As soon as we are outside she turns towards me "Why did you take the cream biscuit?

Is this girl for real? I feel anger build within me!

"You save the salted ones for your friend, that you want your family to meet.

Oh crap! Crap crap and double crap, I groan to myself inwardly. Why did I have to say that?

I see her eyes narrow on me and she looks smug and very happy for some reasons.

"Oh yes. I will do that. In fact they would have met him by now had you not been here for this surprise visit! she says with an expression that is not at all good for my peace of mind!

He is here?? I turn away angrily as I realise what she said.

"You don't want to wash away that stain? Sumo asks.

"No.

"Good, it will remind you of me every time you wear that trouser!

I stop and turn around immediately.

"Changed your mind did you?

I don't answer her. As she opens the door to her room I just walk in not looking anywhere but directly in front of me. This room holds a lot of memories for me. Happy, childhood memories with my best friend. The same best friend who played the fluke on me and made me leave for London. I don't know why she did that. Probably she never thought of me as her friend even then!

I take the towel from her hand as we stand near the basin in her washroom. I wet it and bend down to rub it where the stain was.

A soft noise catches my attention as something falls on the ground.

Shit! That gift in my pocket. I bend down hurriedly to pick it up even as Sumo does the same.

"Oww-"

"Oww-" Both of us exclaim as our heads collide. I rub my head as Sumo grabs the packet before I can reach it. "Give it to me. I say trying to snatch it from her.

"It is for me! She says as she reads her name on it.

"No it is not!

"It has Sumo' written on it, it is mine. She declares. This girl does not even wait to be actually given a gift!

"If your name is written on Eiffel tower will that become yours?

"Well Eiffel tower cannot be in this small box, so no worries on that. She shrugs it off as she rips open the package.

&&&

A/N: Sumo cannot be side tracked! She won't allow it. LOL.

How do you think Shravan will react once he realises the friend is actually a rat from the kitchen?  

Love, from me to you.:)

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/305380015-the-lawyer-in-the-kitchen-edkv-chapter-2

Edited by ShilpiK021 - 6 years ago
Yes one of my favorite in Wattpad!
One of my fav ff from wattpad...super...goin to read again from the start
This one is in my wattpad library since day1! ! 
Haven't started reading it though πŸ˜³ a lot to catch up !!
Your Sumo was somebody's favourite on the forum !!
Looking forward to read! !
Glad you chose to post it here too !!😊
Edited by CarpeDiem_ - 6 years ago
Originally posted by KitkitMkb

Yes one of my favorite in Wattpad!

Glad you are liking it!😊
Originally posted by shirlys

One of my fav ff from wattpad...super...goin to read again from the start

Hope you enjoy the re read!

Do vote on the chapters you have not voted on😊
Hi Shilpi. 
It's one of my favourite story of Shraman.
Sumo is very cute & bubbly girl. 
Shravan would be in shock to see actual friend of Sumo is rat🀣

Pushkar is good friend of Sumo when Shravan was not around during these 10 yrs. 

Thanks for updating here

Vinu (Wattpad ID vinayakrish)

Originally posted by CarpeDiem_

This one is in my wattpad library since day1! ! 
Haven't started reading it though πŸ˜³ a lot to catch up !!
Your Sumo was somebody's favourite on the forum !!
Looking forward to read! !
Glad you chose to post it here too !!😊

Thank you for adding the book to your library! Do start reading it soon- it already has 86 chpaters plus one bonus chapter updated.

I hope you enjoy reading it enough to vote on the chapters and leave your comments.😊
Hi Shilpi
This is one of my favourite ffs on wattpad
Thnx for updating here as well