•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago
So this is something very deep yet not deep, a bit sad yet hope and love to the rescue as always.

TIMELESS

The dirty untainted window pane was being gradually dusted and mopped away by the drizzle that had come of age outside. The cool breeze rushed in through the hexagonal pores in the netted door and so did the sorted, sober scent of the soil having been stilled by the touch of the spasmodic showers. Devavrata stood in the kitchen of their modest home, sipping steaming tea, observing all of this briskly from afar as fine line segments ran helter-skelter all over his face. The unconstrained weather enjoying its independent embarks and the rains, all had something to do with his better half, his faithful companion of 45 long, lovely, bitter-sweet years. She had a thing for the rains, she just loved them immensely and possibly more than anything else the world with all its bounties had to offer.

He turned to have a look at her, capturing a glimpse of her lying down on the soft little bed on the other side of the room and still on yet another one of her expeditions into the world of her dreams. Putting the cup of tea aside, he walked up to her, eyeing her meticulously moulded features as she slept. Those bleak eye brows with a white hair shooting up here and another one there had something amusingly attractive to them. The thick eye lashes, saggy cheeks fatigued, weary and wrinkled yet radiant like the rising sun and the petite lips that stuck to each other forming a charming rose-hued petal, all of it was irresistibly delightful. Outside, the rain was bucking up, kick-starting the origins of an innocuous and intense ambience.

At once, there was a typhoon, a vicious typhoon of unabridged emotions picking up. In no time had it occurred to him that it was love, he loved her intently and endlessly and had never neither wanted nor had bothered to spill the beans to her. Responsibilities had seen beginnings but not terminations, the boys were the only entrants into their balance sheets and turnovers, as life slipped by and they were humbly living the last quarter of it regret was not even distantly in picture and yet as he was spending this inexplicably bright, beauteous evening at last professing his love for his beloved, his Vinaya, he wished he had done this before. He quickly glanced at the photographs of their children, their families, happy times together and memories, bags full of memories and yet he never felt like telling her before and that in itself was absurd. He wanted to laugh out loud but that could wake her up! His feelings were soon gushing down the blood that ran through his limbs as his long bony fingers felt her brow in nothing but love and secretly hoping she would wake up to her two favourite things in the universe.

But to his utter shock, it felt icy cold. His hairy hands trembled as he reached up to her hand and attempted examining her motionless pulse. He could feel the alarming amount of tension that rose in his nerves; his heart beat harrowingly and haplessly and with a thud he was on the faded floor in a traumatized fit. Alas, had been quietly admiring his lifeless love. A tear, only a deranged tear could make it down his face and chin and his eyes were filled, but he could contain it all. It was certain the uncertainty associated with mortality wasn't really unknown to him. And that moment, acceptance was the key and so was what sprung up as he stood up at once. He had been mentally readying himself, for death was to come, sooner or later. But even his vaguest dreams weren't generous enough to sail him into the probabilities of it coming to his wife first. Yet only a moment ago had love knocked at and ventured into his lonely heart and there was so much of it that he could feel its transition into a compliant smile and form on his lips, a faint, weak smile. No, he wasn't lamenting for that would drive love out of his being and it would be replaced by sorrows and he didn't want that. He wanted his love to stay with him forever, for it had been and will be timeless forever. He shed his grief and proceeded to do what he was expected to for the dear departed.

~

So this is definitely not like the stuff I usually write and I don't like sad endings but this one demanded thus. Please drop down your comments.

Edited by --Elara-- - 6 years ago
Oh, this is heart-wrenching-ly beautiful! Emotions are always at their best in your pieces! <3
Originally posted by .-Amethyst-.

Res 

What a solid description of poems. It lasted just a fraction of seconds but your words are just on another level, describing every moment of agony, pain and then realisation. I loved and loved the description in the beginning. <3

I've so much to learn from you, my goodness! πŸ˜³

Please keep enchanting us with these <3

Always yours.
oh wow...great job...keep it up
what was this ? πŸ₯±
The os was so cute at first. Loved how the way husband thought about her wife and their love. But then suddenly, I was like!!! What the heck? πŸ˜² The ending part shook me! 
Brilliantly written. Great way with words and emotions. The blend is perfect. 
If you keep writing such pieces I am gonna fall hard for them. πŸ˜†
Sam 

Originally posted by KrishnaPriyaa

ResWa πŸ˜›
Unres (my earliest yet πŸ˜†πŸ˜†)
I have no words to express how fantastically you have written this Rammy. It was so full of emotions, yet talks on the fragility of life. Of how death is inevitable. It shows us how we need to be on our toes and always keep doing things we want to, for we never know what may happen. 
This was poetry indeed, and you have no idea how proud I am of my sister, whose writing becomes more brilliant with every second! 

Love you much πŸ€—
Amazingly penned down❀️
Lovedd ittt😳
beautifully penned.down ramya
awesome... love it❀️
thnx for pm
A great work of writing Ramya . A penetrating insightful investigation into the greatest mystery of existence i.e, life! Ramya, you cast your inimitable light on the darkened corners of death !The ending is breathtaking indeed!πŸ‘