Rules & Announcements

IMPORTANT: Cleaning up +1 posts from all Forums

vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Hi All,
We are making a few changes to improve the content quality in our forums. We would like to encourage members to use the "Like" button instead of posting "TFS", "Thanks" or other +1 kind of replies to a post. We would be removing such responses from the Topics and this might bring down Post counts for some of the members. 

This will improve the visibility of meaningful responses and reduce the number of pages a member has to browse to read them.

We would be removing them from the entire site gradually and would like to seek your co-operation in this matter. 

In order to combat Link spam we now have an in-house resource to handle this so that our moderators can take care of the more important stuffs.

I hope you all will agree that it will improve our Forums considerably in the long run.

Please do not post "TFS" / "Thanks" kinda response until you have something more substantial to add to the discussion. Use the "Like" button instead.

Regards,
Vijay

The following 257 member(s) liked the above post:

wittyfiassttuuttiiblab4socuteeenik86AmtpSemiSameishrakideewanidolly2358MeghaRiyaReham.cupcakepatel90Ashish-Sharma33vangbacgiabaoaniarslanianangilaprasadanshika154itsgops3010baahusenaMHds167LookAtYourSelfsaniya__Dystopiagibbu_era_.rainy.Veda1125TheSparksri_divyagurukhushlovebadhanmanutdno1sad_vivace...RedStroke...atulya1jhankarbeats87falala333Prabina057.Priyanka-twinkle55rockkkersidlik_pmTanshi_thahaansumeetadebQueenBollycoriedreamy.tiaraSamsinghRvs215bloomssana1819786aditi12ishraJyoti_kukuAsh.raje17Fragrance63ShamrouzSutapasimaMistiofMistztaaniroyal--Jenelle--incorrigibleBeccamalkasubredpetals123Lovely_Bajwa_QueenKordeilia--Devakshi--ananda29Shooting.StarpandrangijyothiItssanjhJerry2308Shaaviswathi17Cluny13sbfkpcnsbkaustaviSwarna_99.ROSY.MariaRebeccaAnjali33ManazzaShahid12arya1210mnx12Athene.Vrish.BilliCat.shikhskmoreremixNatluS-SahibaRadiantTreasurejdd1959SarunNArshi-Patsy-.Kore.decemaprDeliciousDevil.lol_roflswatikhushi.Piyali..NynaeveKhushibloomAnmol333CinderellaGirlsass8AnanyaGhoshcatharsisHiral1lovetoread08melovesja21July2014duhasaadFreedomOfSpeechvasavi_sriltelidevaraShirishaTeddylilInfinities.iluvusakshiStarwalker.OJAANARia_CaZephyr.___Neha___-Rhea-SRKianWeRockTheWorldzajedno-Sarcy-Heatsha8176ARJUNKIAPSPari_1995Rhy2015Anjali333Kesh123stg1-Sujal-barunshaheerSharlene1410ColorDreamsgmgiEcrivain.-Dellz-Cold-FireMissIamTheBoss_wallflower_sudhareddypayal_4blueflamesssroomaniswtbabyHarmony10OmaRamdassShamz94amaypranaysparkling_gemsthilssLifez_Beautiful-Kruti.S-Onyx.zooni.blue.Mandy.shali-Tulips-.effervescent.LotusPetals--cute.manasi--.annihilation.aarchaMadhura..PutijaChalhov-Namita-NeerjaaCuteStrawberryRadhikeraniMagical-WingsOtakuGirl-DeboFatima_QcscsTheSexyDevilorion23ImSherlocked.2111_shwetaSanjh30Jayeeta_06..GurmiT..babita..jibber-jabber-Chipper-Treat-SudHaVeN-_goofyCat_ahilajkula.Screwtape.ArshiS.Raizadapeeyara-LumosMaxima-Duggukede.sweetchick.Pari117-FrozenRain-Desigirls12JyotiBThakur-Felicity-svati12TessaloniShailu..-Piku-Bon_Vivant--JJ--Ruthless.Slayershonasylits-alexandriteharshu27.MyriadOfHues.-Koeli_Appy-Roses-khushiDEFOMNehageet..PixieBunnie.Susan.Dsouza-Dracarys.-ParAnJas-_Dimples_..SupreMe..lovely_nikki_shadesnature_Madhuri53asmuasmivrinda22suhaaanaRashmi...aparnaumaBeingBlunt-Mrinalini-_TheJoker-NandiniRaizadaaAkkiHPSahiPakdeHai.Thabassum..RanbirrocksCutiepie Ranipallavi25The.Lannister-LetItGo-....Poojie....sjainMysticRiver..RamKiJanaki..serendipity.spvd-Swetha-Krishna_Souravaftermath..Invoker.Leprechaun.Nichuss-PyaariBhootni-cutieruhi

Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the initiative Vijay ji! It is kind of annoying going through one word posts. The only exception would be for birthday threads where I personally feel like a small thanks is necessary as well as 'liking' the post. Can we make this an exception for birthday threads?

But I think overall this will def improve the Forums!

The following 31 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayLookAtYourSelfNeha-Cisana1819786rockkkerfalala333MistiofMistzManazzaShahid12duhasaadFreedomOfSpeechthilssiluvusakshiCold-FireOmaRamdass.effervescent.LotusPetals.Avengers.peeyaraahilajkulaRollingStonesCuteStrawberry.sweetchick..annihilation.Infofansvati12NandiniRaizadaaMadhuri53DEFOMColt.Pixy_shadesnature_-Swetha-

vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

Thanks for the initiative Vijay ji! It is kind of annoying going through one word posts. The only exception would be for birthday threads where I personally feel like a small thanks is necessary as well as 'liking' the post. Can we make this an exception for birthday threads?

But I think overall this will def improve the Forums!

Thank you for agreeing.

Regarding the Birthday Threads again I feel just posting a simple "thanks" is as good as "Like" so better they go with like button. This will encourage people to take a little more effort than a simple "thanks".

This will help us in several ways:

a) Thoughtful messages will not get buried under heap of "thanks" only posts.
b) It will certainly improve the site speed as unwanted page clicks can be avoided.
c) Improves the content quality.
d) Less number of notification emails will be fired by the system.

At the same time we are working on algorithms which will basically detect repeat posts, spammy ones like "CID CID CID" and same images posted several times in the topic.

Cheers,
Vijay

Edited by vijay - 14 June 2017 at 1:40pm

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

ssttuuttiigibbuNeha-CiJyoti_kukurockkkersad_vivacecorieQueenBollySutapasimamnx12duhasaadcatharsisNynaeveSRKianthilsspayal_4peeyaraahilajkulaMinzPieLotusPetalssvati12.annihilation.NandiniRaizadaaMadhuri53BeingBlunt-Swetha-

-Priya- IF-Addictz
-Priya-
-Priya-

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
I think posts should only be removed from this date onwards not really old ones also maybe not in CCs(particularly invite only)?

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Neha-CiFreedomOfSpeechARJUNKIAPSahilajkulaPreeti.xo_Pikachu_princessunaraAASUS-Swetha-

Ranbirrocks IF-Stunnerz
Ranbirrocks
Ranbirrocks

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Thanks Vijay. Much needed feature indeed.

Can we do something about restricting long tower of Quotes as well?

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Neha-CiJyoti_kukumeshmeshNietzythilssARJUNKIAPS-Kruti.S--Tulips-_goofyCat_ahilajkulaBeingBluntMadhuri53princessunaraSahiPakdeHai.-Swetha-_Meena_

Maharani. IF-Dazzler
Maharani.
Maharani.

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
Thank god for this! I feel single emoticon posts should also be removed. People spam to increase the posts as if their life depends on it. Confused

Can we have a block feature introduced too? To ward off annoying, persuasive stalkers. 

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

_era_Neha-CiFreedomOfSpeechNynaeve-smolderhalder.ARJUNKIAPS-Sujal-thilsspyaari_puja-Tulips-LeadNitrateDoremonLovejibber-jabber-Piku-.annihilation.ArshiS.RaizadaBeingBluntpallavi25-Swetha-MysticRiver

Sanjh30 IF-Sizzlerz
Sanjh30
Sanjh30

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Vijay sir,I lost 7000 posts! Cleaning up was effective from today then why my older posts were deleted?
I want my 7000 posts back! Please!

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Neha-CiShamrouznoya28OmaRamdassthilssShru77_Pikachu_-ParAnJas-bAkChOd.NandiniRaizadaaMysticRiverthambu

-Piku- IF-Sizzlerz
-Piku-
-Piku-

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
Thanks Vijay for this initiative. Much needed.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Neha-CiARJUNKIAPS-Swetha-

Go to top