•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago

TSMSPJ*ep: 48* 27.5.17: My Impression Cold Shoulder..  

To give or to receive the cold shoulder is related to the emotion of being subjected to an attitude of rejection. In literary terms it can be seen as the direct antithesis of a warm hug. The word cold suggests deliberate coldness or disregard in attitude. Today's episode, to me deals with both the main protagonists of the story line.Namely Kanak and Uma Shankar, both of whom in their own instances smart under the strain of rejection. Both in their own scenarios have a sense of denunciation. It all boils down to the fact that as humans we aspire to be accepted within our environments , amongst our loved ones. The fact that we come into being is an act of acceptance between two parties. Hence if, at any point in life we experience a sense of being abandoned, especially by those whom we care for. We tend to go to pieces , and sound off to relieve ourselves in the manner best known to us.. either speak in silence or express themselves in a tirade!  If only the lamp and the wick can be aware that both undergo a process where the emotional distance between them alongside the distance of the miles renders them both dysfunctional into giving any light. Therefore the dark ignorance of each others sufferings hangs over them.

To begin with Uma shankar's complete household suffers with the cold shoulder dealt at them by Kanak. Rather severly Kanak's  shocking  act of runaway bride is judged.  Cold shoulder always warrants some form of reaction from the receiving party. How easily Kanak in turn is made redundant  from her married status. Maasi the elder of the household once more takes the  important  decision  about Uma's marital status. To me in fact, Massi  thinks Uma is not perhaps of sane mind to deal with the grave issue of his wife deserting him rather unceremoniously. Uma on the other hand adopts the strategy of maintaining an  aloof silence.  He is sending of the message of silent treatment to the rest of his family. In simple terms , he is unwilling  to talk about it.. his silence clearly speaks larger than words that he is cut up by Kanak's elopement. For Massi too, his silence on the issue, is giving her the cold shoulder. Massi only wants to assess the damage done? now if she is sensible , she would gauge that perhaps leave Uma to get on with it, would be the best possible way forward. Uma's silence speaks volumes, as it certainly shows the man looks at things in a fairly orderly fashion. Grooms himself follows routine, seemingly ,but when it comes to tell tale signs of times he spent with her. Even in silence, his heart beats dim and sound faint. But he still appears to take life in a stride. Seemingly his silence is perhaps an expression of his anger and disapproval? This is my supposition, for all I know, he may have given Kanak his usual emotional  cold shoulder, or is he silently wrestling with the  value of marriage.

Interestingly, the contrast when  Massi wrote Kanak off as Uma's bride.. and Kanak dressing up as a bride is quite poignant. Several queries conjure up in my mind. By her expression she appears regretful that she ran away? If this is the reason, then it goes to show that Kanak still respects the institution of marriage, and it's not about jumping in and out of it willy nilly! does she regret her action? I think perhaps not.. when she considers how he duped Bhabo into getting possession of her sweet shop. Thus the only reason I think Kanak looks morose in the bridal dress is due to the giant step she is about to take soon enough, dressed as a bride.    

It's no coincidence that the shop and Kanak both end up looking like young brides! However one bride is  sweet in essence ,but the other riddled by feelings of being cast off!! will these  two brides meet at the cross roads called Bhabo today?? There is sweetness and light around Kanak sweet shop.. a celebration amongst family ,friends, acquaintances!  as this bride progresses on. No celebrations surround the lonely bride..each step that she  takes in her bridal attire,  speaks of no fear! No tears! No hesitation! Only one goal in mind she too is Suraj and Sandhya's child! Kanak comes to the shop and family to make  some important declarations! 

Within the shop celebrations, to me a cold shoulder is given by the CVs to anti faith elements in a democratic nation. The message of peace and harmony between faith communities, especially at the beginning of Ramdan is  revered  in the scene where its mentioned that Vansh had gone to the shrine of the Muslim saint at  Ajmer sharif to offer thanks for  Bhabo's recovery...

It's yet another celebration a warm hug as opposed to a cold shoulder of womanhood , when the two Rathi women from  both ends of the spectrum  of the family Kanak and  Bhabo walk in their own manner to pay homage to the memory of Suraj and Sandhya.. Cold shoulders will be given to keeping things from the family!  Ved overwhelmed by seeing Bhabo over the moon at the celebrations confesses to  Bhabo for prompting the sale of the shop! but he promises never to sell the shop! The lonely bride finally arrives at the shop! within her own mind she mulls over , she will not weaken now! BY REJECTION! 

Kanak dressed as a bride arrives at her intended destination! All look upon her in aghast! The bridal attire does not go unnoticed and is received with mixed emotions!! Happiness, surprise.. and a cold shoulder attitude from  Bhabo.. but Kanak  says the one thing closest  to  her heart , in reply to  Ved, that  no matter  what price is put up for the shop! no price can match the value  it holds for  Bhabo! Thus the shop cannot be sold! 

Pity! This bride's clothes are noticed and cold shoulder is given to the fact , that little Kanak  jests not!  her brother fobs off her attire as  some drama getup! But Kanak knows that behind this marriage apparel prop! stands the  truth that  Bhabo in fact wants to hear not about! Somehow Uma  Shankar's   provides a bridal armour gives Kanak to unleash many pent up emotions against   Bhabo's rejection, in particular. In fact the shop's illegal sale actually provides Kanak the platform to fight Bhabo's step daughter treatment! with a few home truths! Yes!her first step to winning back  both her  Bhabo and the shop! is to launch the attack  against  Uma . To  accept herself as his wife before her family!!  Kanak's tirade is aimed to win back and rally all her family around her! so together! they forge forward as a united force to release Bhabo's from the grip of her husband.. Uma Shankar!!

Finally the highlight of the episode.. where the youngest Rathi woman fights the eldest Rathi woman  Bhabo's age old silent treatment towards her with equal cold shoulder! Uma's bride defies all and tells them she married out of choice! Which in itself is irony as Uma imposed a forced marriage upon her! next she tells her family that they cannot impose their will upon her.. as she was anothers wife now! to  Bhabo she delivers a cold cut by saying her marriage to maynak is off! She lashes out at  Bhabo that it was never her welfare she sought! Her idea was always to palm Kanak off! as far as possible! That she was never treated  like a granddaughter but like a guest... Kanak cries even times never thawed Bhabo's cold shoulder.. Kanak taunts Bhabo she gave her consent to marrying Mayank only to make her happy! But it seems that her hate towards her is enormous! but she fails to see  the true worth of  Kanak's love..

Basically it was yet another moving episode..where Kanak plays herself but in a slightly changed position..as that of an outsider ,Uma Shankar's wife! but the truth of the matter is being an outsider .. she still plans to work  for the Rathi's against Uma  Shankar!   Kanak   seems ready to give a test  to gain back  Bhabo's   shop and a pat for her back from bhabo?? ..but what of Uma Shankar? he is elusive in his cold shoulder.. articulation.. hamlet 53 28.5.17

Edited by Hamlet53 - 6 years ago
Finally Kanak's Back Home Where She Belongs. But She Shouldn't Have Come In Her Bridal Clothing.
Oh Well It Seems She Has A Plan Against US.
Hola hammie😃

Payal..Y is she decorating aarti ki thalis!! Kanak has run away..When will she?? Is she waiting for Ved to come wid a doli to take her wid him!!😆

Masi..So judgemental😕..N wat is there to feel proud of Uma!! Dat forced marriage??😲

Kanak..Y did she say like dat!! Y do d heroines hv to become mahaan.. Always!!

Meenakshi..I rilli liked how she couldn't stop herself from caring for Bhabho ðŸ˜Š

Ved..Looked nice in dat kurta😳 Poor soul, always takes d blame😒  n he couldn't believe wat Kanak said..

Dats all..Enjoy your precious holiday😆
Edited by Anjali33 - 6 years ago
Originally posted by SilverBell

hiya Bella😃
Finally Kanak's Back Home Where She Belongs. But She Shouldn't Have Come In Her Bridal Clothing...it had to come out she got married.. besides its uma she wants to hammer..
Oh Well It Seems She Has A Plan Against US
yes,  our smart gal has something under her hat...  once again lovely to see you on  my impression.. bellaa... much love hammie 

Originally posted by Anjali33

Hola hammie😃   helooo Anjali  good to see you mate 

Payal..Y is she decorating aarti ki thalis!! Kanak has run away..When will she?? Is she waiting for Ved to come wid a doli to take her wid him!!😆
she is the girl who fitted in uma shankar's household  ..kanak rebelled
Masi..So judgemental😕..N wat is there to feel proud of Uma!! Dat forced marriage??😲
maasi   was nasty.. saying kanak is dead from them..
Kanak..Y did she say like dat!! Y do d heroines hv to become mahaan.. Always!!
i think for once in her life she told bhabho   her true feelings.. bhabo needed to be told.. who better than kanak herself!
Meenakshi..I rilli liked how she couldn't stop herself from caring for Bhabho ðŸ˜Š
yes meenaski does  love bhabo really
Ved..Looked nice in dat kurta😳 Poor soul, always takes d blame😒  n he couldn't believe wat Kanak said..
another good thing about  Ved  is that he  owns up his mistake...
Dats all..Enjoy your precious holiday😆      holiday ?? ooohhh aacha you mean Sunday...    well its nearly over Anjali  ...   listen thanks for reading my impressions daily...  hammie much humbled... much love, hammie
Interesting episode that was Hammie n I must say wat brilliant impressionit is.. cold shoulder indeed by bhabho kanky n uma also.. brilliantly put up by u... 
Well uma n bhabho reactions wer quite expected.. they're supposed to be like ths onli.. bt kanky was surprise package indeed...she left me as viewer stunned.. n that's indeed the high point of drama.. wat I liked the most abt that drama she smh showed mirror to bhabho's ugly behaviour which we can never expect her to do in normal circumstances.. bt man ths bhabho I tell u.. she was so stubborn n her reaction pissed me off totally yaar... woh shadi kr k aae hai..bt budhiyaa tus se muss na hoe.. 😕

Well I agree Uma behaved mysteriously.. may be he's not out of the shock yet. . Well I do agree she's jst going to use Uma-the hubby fr her bhabho's happiness..n she doesn't value marriage at all..n believe me I dun find her Wrong either.. she's justified in her act of masking n hiding truths.. n US jolly well deserve that.. 

I jst love how u relate kanak mishtaan bhandar n newly wed kanak magician hammie . How's fast n prayers going.. 9pm is bit to much re..  here we are enjoying it to the fullest with 35 degrees n geels like 50 😛.. with frequent power failures..😛 love u..
Originally posted by NusiSg

hi nusi great to see you... hope all good with you ..
Interesting episode that was Hammie n I must say wat brilliant impressionit is.. cold shoulder indeed by bhabho kanky n uma also.. brilliantly put up by u..thanks was hoping to get your thumbs up
Well uma n bhabho reactions wer quite expected.. they're supposed to be like ths onli.. bt kanky was surprise package indeed...she left me as viewer stunned.. n that's indeed the high point of drama.. wat I liked the most abt that drama she smh showed mirror to bhabho's ugly behaviour which we can never expect her to do in normal circumstances.. bt man ths bhabho I tell u.. she was so stubborn n her reaction pissed me off totally yaar... woh shadi kr k aae hai..bt budhiyaa tus se muss na hoe.. 😕..in a way nusi..  bhabo stuck to her guns.. she was never into kanak.. but then kanak too.. showed her  she can tell the truth and is ready to suffer the consequences.. for kanak is into  greater things.. god help her if bhabo does'nt accept her even after winining back the business..
Well I agree Uma behaved mysteriously.. may be he's not out of the shock yet. . Well I do agree she's jst going to use Uma-the hubby fr her bhabho's happiness..n she doesn't value marriage at all..n believe me I dun find her Wrong either.. she's justified in her act of masking n hiding truths.. n US jolly well deserve that.. 
Nusi.. I think she does value the sanctity of marriage  ..although  like you mentioned to work on a hidden agenda..
I jst love how u relate kanak mishtaan bhandar n newly wed kanak magician hammie . How's fast n prayers going.. 9pm is bit to much re..  here we are enjoying it to the fullest with 35 degrees n geels like 50 😛.. with frequent power failures..😛 love u..  oh heavens!   yes   saw the  news about your temperatures...   touching the sun... we had showers so a bit cooler today..  listen lovely to hear from you mate.. was looking for you..   me have still to watch today's episode.. hope its more about kanak...    thanks ,and much love.. yours hammie
Hammie hammie hammie,
just saw the episode on tv,
brilliant play once again, with the phrase ''cold shoulder''
the lamp and the wick, both are in bad shape.i loved ur bold lines, wish they knew.

Kanak's dilemma finally solved and she sacrificed things inthe form of the bright red bridal outfit, this is the first time we have seen her in completely red outfit, she completed her bridal look with the vermilion, the red bangles and the complete surrender that she wont run away, she was, is and will be Uma's bride.

I felt bad for uma, bechare remembering those old moments, how he was looking at the scar kanak gave, a deeper scar than that meets the eyes, pierced his heart, but he is the calm Uma, still firm in his belief that God must have thought anything good for him in the form of kanak.

It was a slow episode, nothing much.i loved the way kanak gave cold shoulder to bhabo, she was the most deserving candidate.Thanks to Uma kanak could speak out which was truth.

Keep writing hammie.sorry for being late.this time it is not my fault.it comes late in tv.

Originally posted by swansong

Hammie hammie hammie,  hiya there swansong😊
just saw the episode on tv,
brilliant play once again, with the phrase ''cold shoulder''
the lamp and the wick, both are in bad shape.i loved ur bold lines, wish they knew.
this is the romantic angle
Kanak's dilemma finally solved and she sacrificed things inthe form of the bright red bridal outfit, this is the first time we have seen her in completely red outfit, she completed her bridal look with the vermilion, the red bangles and the complete surrender that she wont run away, she was, is and will be Uma's bride.
yes she will be  uma's dulhan,for better or for worse.
I felt bad for uma, bechare remembering those old moments, how he was looking at the scar kanak gave, a deeper scar than that meets the eyes, pierced his heart, but he is the calm Uma, still firm in his belief that God must have thought anything good for him in the form of kanak.
hain??? which bits were those??  scar??😕..   ok if you say so.. vaguely recall...
It was a slow episode, nothing much.i loved the way kanak gave cold shoulder to bhabo, she was the most deserving candidate.Thanks to Uma kanak could speak out which was truth.
yes i agree lagan ke bad..  she has become more gutsy
Keep writing hammie.sorry for being late.this time it is not my fault.it comes late in tv.
no problem ,taz.. me to can watch if i have time...  thanks so much for reading my  work.. loved your comment,    love hammie