Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

currentchaos

Goldie

currentchaos

Posted: 08 December 2006 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
   Saturday, December 09, 2006

By Parakh Chouhan

Ujwal Rana, the main lead of Ghar Ek Sapna is already making waves even before the show has gone on air. In this interview he talks about the  show and also shares his future plans .

Q. What is your character in Ghar Ek Sapna all about.
I play a casanova in the serial. I live a tension free typical South Mumbai cool dude kind of life. My problems start when I come to Patna for a friend's marriage and flirt with the daughter of the city's political heavyweight. When the girl's father and brother-in-law find out what I did, they forcibly marry their daughter to me, literally at gun point. Now, my character is pushed to the edge because my marriage has already been fixed with my father's business partner. For more, you have to wait for the show to come on air.

Q. Like your character, are you a flirtatious guy?
No, I am quite a simple person. I respect women and I certainly do not play around with their emotions. For me, there is no such thing as time pass.

Q. How did you get this role?
It was not easy. There was fierce competition. But by God's blessings, I was called after the auditions. I also had worked in various other serials which certainly helped. Both the channel and Mr. Ajai Sinha, the director of the show were impressed with me.

Q. Which part of the country do you belong to?
I am not from Mumbai. I am from Delhi. I came here in 2001. For about a year or two, I did a fewcommercials and theatre. My struggle ended when Ravi Rai gave me a break in his serial.

Q. You have been here in Mumbai, for about six years. Have you got accustomed to the lifestyle here or does your heart still crave for Delhi?
Mumbai is my karmbhumi (workplace). As an actor you have to work for 10 to 12 hours a day which is obviously pretty tiresome. But I try to take a week off in a month, relax for a few days and even go to Delhi to visit my parents. I was born there, so I am emotionally attached with it.

Q. Did your parents freak out, when you declared that you want to go to Mumbai and be an actor?
Since my teenage years I wanted to act. And I am sure they knew that some day I would venture into acting. When I told them that I want to go to Mumbai, they protested a little but it wasn't hard to convince them. 

Q. Are we going to see you in other serials besides Ghar Ek Sapna? Do you plan to enter Bollywood?
I believe in doing one show at a time. That has been my policy from the beginning. I have worked with many big directors in the past, and I have to tell you that to work with Mr. Ajai Sinha, was always a burning desire. So when he called me for the lead I ran to meet him. It has been a great privilege for me.

Q. Right now according to the current ratings Sahara One is not doing well. As an actor what do you feel about it?
I think it is the job of the creative heads of a channel to navigate their particular channel to the audiences' home. In Sahara's case, I would say that they are genuinely creating a seminal place among the audience. This is my third lead with Sahara and I am proud to be here. Sahara pranaam (laughs) (Sampurn)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mumbai is my karmbhumi but I'm emotionall" in Other Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

scxygurl<<

IF-Dazzler

scxygurl<<

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 10:38am | IP Logged
thanx Wink

scxygurl<<

IF-Dazzler

scxygurl<<

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 10:38am | IP Logged
thanx Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top