Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

purab’s exit...this is what happened ! (Page 7)

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Yashika wrote:[QUOTE=therefore wld appreciate it if ppl do not make this statement....of him having let down his fans etc...on our behalf.....we feel we have been let down by the makers and not by SS/purab..

Point taken.

So let me rephrase it: SS really let JJKN fans down by sticking to his ego & not let the directors make the necessary changes as they deemed necessary at that juncture and then refusing to shoot which in my dictionary is called unproffesionalism.

And if Apoorva Agnihotri does something similar,I will say the same for him.And for every other actor,no matter who he is.

[/QUOTE]

well said minnie! just the point I wanted to make. Now if either AA or Mona walk out (when the story is focussed on them) I wud call them unprofessional too. Some time back Parmeet was threatening to walk out. I cudnt call him unprofessional cuz the story hardly needed him. the time SS chose to walk out wasnt right cuz at that moment the spotlight was on his character. So walking out at that moment was like leaving them in a lurch.

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 9:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ides

I didn't know Samir is the only sensible guy in this industry... glad to know that..Wink BTW nothing is ever Samir's fault.

surprised that u seem to think that way.....but hey who am I to contradict u in this.......and its not abt assigning blame......it just amazes me that everyone seems to attribute Samir's offscreen self with such power that he can foil the entire showConfusedConfused....btw what I and many others were trying to say thru r earlier posts was that despite sanir's "walkout" T&D still had the power to navigate the story without turning it into a big RERUN..... they could have replaced Purab with another actor and exited him without all the negative hype......but, as Jammy pointed out, what was needed was a complete annihilation of Purab's character so that Armaan's new personna could OUTSHINE him......

huh! u mean to say SS is the only brainy, principled guy around?
btw any explaination why did he do baghban? in that he had no justification for treating his father badly.

maybe I am dense but I fail to see what Baghbaan has to do with JJKN.......when trying to prove our point abt Armaan's negative behavior, we dont usually resort to his role in Pardes.....cause its IRRELEVANT..........but to answer ur question, unlike JJKN, the story of Baghbaan was written well before the shooting.....the story was abt how offsprings can forget the sacrifices made by their parents and illtreat them.......tell me if this is not justification enough to be a negative character..........even in the begining, Samir's character here showed glimpses of his selfish nature so when it climaxed, it was consistent with the rest of the story......in JJKN, Purab has always been Jassi's knight, loved her unconditionally and supported her through thick and thin......now if such a charcter is turned into an UNDEPENDABLE COWARD, viewers would find it bizarre....

There is no point in replacing an actor when his track is ending. No actor wud agree to shoot for something like a week, right?

Coming to Baghban i mentioned it cuz AA's earlier films and career was brought into the picture. Like someone said that "we cannot digest AA getting the girl in the end cuz he has always played a rich spoilt brat who loses the girl in the end". That was ridiculous! Some ppl at this site started claiming that SS is such a pricipled guy that he wont do something unless he believes in it. Thats why Baghban. In Baghban the general opinion was the directors had gone overboard w/ Big B's real sons showing ALL 4 as negative. That was obviously done to highlight the pain of old parents which was necessary cuz they wanted the audience to sympathize w/ Raj Malhotra(Big B).

In JJKN I have always said they went overboard w/ Purab's goodness. He was too good to be true. That was a major mistake they made. Why did they make this mistake I dunno. But at the end of the show this was harming the show(goody goody ppl with no problems in life dont make an interesting show). So they had to do something abt it. Now the question is when u are in a team who is bigger? the team or u?

Btw another question. u said "in JJKN, Purab has always been Jassi's knight, loved her unconditionally and supported her through thick and thin......now if such a charcter is turned into an UNDEPENDABLE COWARD, viewers would find it bizarre...."-agree!

but when Armaan was turned from a supportive boss to the person who is trying to pull jassi down. did viewers not find it bizzare? I know I did and so did my mom and many others. But what abt Purab's fans?

munizaaa Goldie
munizaaa
munizaaa

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

Thank's pj04 your answer really helped me understand the "situation"Smile

I hope at least one of the parties would speak out soon because i would really like to know what happened

Go to top