Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

purab’s exit...this is what happened ! (Page 6)

pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 4:36am | IP Logged

I totally disagree aman. I think ss can play any role, he has infact played the negative role in saakshi but in jassi - they were not justifying the sudden negativity and hence the problem.

The directors can't suddenly make do their character any thing stupid, specially from the actors who are educated and have some sense. Purab knew that if his character is to turn negative- it will look stupid which it does- not because purab did not shoot those scenes but because the audience is not foolish.

But makers had to make him negative in order to show armaan in good light- so they had no option. But they should have realised long back that BLF will not let them change the end and should have not hyped purab so much.

Sameer is only being a sensible actor who wants to do roles which are real and not stupid. Is that his fault?

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 4:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pmahesh

I totally disagree aman. I think ss can play any role, he has infact played the negative role in saakshi but in jassi - they were not justifying the sudden negativity and hence the problem.

The directors can't suddenly make do their character any thing stupid, specially from the actors who are educated and have some sense. Purab knew that if his character is to turn negative- it will look stupid which it does- not because purab did not shoot those scenes but because the audience is not foolish.

But makers had to make him negative in order to show armaan in good light- so they had no option. But they should have realised long back that BLF will not let them change the end and should have not hyped purab so much.

Sameer is only being a sensible actor who wants to do roles which are real and not stupid. Is that his fault?

huh! u mean to say SS is the only brainy, principled guy around?
btw any explaination why did he do baghban? in that he had no justification for treating his father badly.
lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 4:55am | IP Logged

should have not hyped purab so much.

completely agree with you there..too much publicity of an unimportant character as per the original was a big mistake.

I didn't know Samir is the only sensible guy in this industry... glad to know that..Wink BTW nothing is ever Samir's fault.

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aman

Hi..Ananya,

Well your source might be right in their version of what happened to samir soni but there can be different versions .

But a versatile actor is one who plays different shades and comes out a winner,

Well,

My version is somewhat same as ananya's, and to tell you my source IS good.

It was my source who had told me that jassi was going to end with armaan, and I had shared the same info with the forum right when i had joined the forum.

About the versatile actor playing all kind of role then it doesnot means that the actor has to play versatile role in the same serial. There should be justification for the turn of event and the way the character takes shape. Unfortunately for armaan although the change in negative character was not needed. It was well justified via his insecurities. Purabs on the other hand never had time. He was vanished poof!! LOL.

Jammy.

Edited by jammy - 26 November 2004 at 9:21am
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 9:33am | IP Logged
I didn't know Samir is the only sensible guy in this industry... glad to know that..Wink BTW nothing is ever Samir's fault.

surprised that u seem to think that way.....but hey who am I to contradict u in this.......and its not abt assigning blame......it just amazes me that everyone seems to attribute Samir's offscreen self with such power that he can foil the entire showConfusedConfused....btw what I and many others were trying to say thru r earlier posts was that despite sanir's "walkout" T&D still had the power to navigate the story without turning it into a big RERUN..... they could have replaced Purab with another actor and exited him without all the negative hype......but, as Jammy pointed out, what was needed was a complete annihilation of Purab's character so that Armaan's new personna could OUTSHINE him......

huh! u mean to say SS is the only brainy, principled guy around?
btw any explaination why did he do baghban? in that he had no justification for treating his father badly.

maybe I am dense but I fail to see what Baghbaan has to do with JJKN.......when trying to prove our point abt Armaan's negative behavior, we dont usually resort to his role in Pardes.....cause its IRRELEVANT..........but to answer ur question, unlike JJKN, the story of Baghbaan was written well before the shooting.....the story was abt how offsprings can forget the sacrifices made by their parents and illtreat them.......tell me if this is not justification enough to be a negative character..........even in the begining, Samir's character here showed glimpses of his selfish nature so when it climaxed, it was consistent with the rest of the story......in JJKN, Purab has always been Jassi's knight, loved her unconditionally and supported her through thick and thin......now if such a charcter is turned into an UNDEPENDABLE COWARD, viewers would find it bizarre....

munizaaa Goldie
munizaaa
munizaaa

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 3:31pm | IP Logged

Hey is'nt there a contract or something that ss had to sign before joining jjkn???

How can he just leave can someone tell me if they know something about this. Confused

gelato Senior Member
gelato
gelato

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aman

Hi..Ananya,

Well your source might be right in their version of what happened to samir soni but there can be different versions .what i got to hear is from friends in the television industry.Yes since it is a copyright there could not be any major changes to the story.Samir knew it right from the begining.But since his character was so goody goody and he came in at a time when there was a huge sympathy wave for jassi and he played her knight in shining armour.People liked his character and he got popular.But a versatile actor is one who plays different shades and comes out a winner,well he did not want to be sidelined and play a negative character as he did not think of the show and the team but only of himself.He played difficult with the makers and made their lives miserable but being professional themselves they tried looking at all possible angles to keep him back and bring him back later but he did not shoot for a graceful exit and the makers had to suffer for that and instead to applauding them ,we are saying that they ruined the show...why would the makers want to ruin their own show..and their reputation.My suggestion to all makers and producers of serial is that when you sign on an actor make him first shoot an exit scene.You could keep it in cold storage so if that actor gets big for his boots you wont be dependable on anyone. It is teh show that matters not any individual....

I completely agree with you Aman.Very well said.

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by munizaaa

Hey is'nt there a contract or something that ss had to sign before joining jjkn???

How can he just leave can someone tell me if they know something about this. Confused

actually munizaa.....nobody know the whole truth...terms of contracts etc......there is a lot more to story....since both sides are not talking...we can only assume that either both of them defaulted on contract or they are still working through it. the hush hush on the issue is very suspicious...on the other side .....the moment vinod singh was thrown out of ayushmann(the guy who plays lead)....both the production house(cinevistaas) and the channel spilt the beans in front of media next day( he was chucked on thursday...it was in friday news). similarily when rajeev decided to walk away from kth...he issued a statement of intent to media immedietly. but in our case niether samir , nor t and d are talking. while the channel stated that they intend to change the track to original...they steered off any comments on thier contract/ relationship with samir soni.

Go to top