Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

purab’s exit...this is what happened ! (Page 4)

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

Thanks Ananya for the info.It seems whatever happened,it wasn't good for anyone.

Don't eat me alive,but I still think no matter how much he wanted otherwise,SS could have at least completed his shoot.The end result came out to be the same and that too it looked shabby shoddy and his fan felt let down a big time.he owed that much to the fans as well as the serial.Probably if he had stayed on the negative factor could have been played down and the parting could have been a bit more reasonable.

My point exactly. In fact SS cud have ensured that purab deosnt get a bad exit. i have seen many couples who realize they are'nt made for each other. so they part ways. but they remain friends not only w/ each other but also their families and their future spouses. leaving the serial mid-way did not win purab points anyway. if he had parted on good terms then maybe purab wudnt have shown to have run away.

anniegupta_ Goldie
anniegupta_
anniegupta_

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
OMG thanks ananyaa so much for this news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yashika Senior Member
yashika
yashika

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 10:18pm | IP Logged

Thanks Ananya for the info.It seems whatever happened,it wasn't good for anyone.

Don't eat me alive,but I still think no matter how much he wanted otherwise,SS could have at least completed his shoot.The end result came out to be the same and that too it looked shabby shoddy and his fan felt let down a big time.he owed that much to the fans as well as the serial.Probably if he had stayed on the negative factor could have been played down and the parting could have been a bit more reasonable.

thanks ananya...really appreciate this.....

given this backdrop, i think samir did the right thing. it is clear that he wld have shot further had they agreed to let his parting be reasonable/ dignified...without any element of negativity....it is evident from ananya's post that he did not have a problem with teh exit but did not want negative shades to be given to his character...and hence did not continue further...

as far as having let down his fans, on the contrary, being a purab fan, i wld have felt let down had he played along and let his character be made negative. the fact that he didn't, shows that he respected the sentiments of his fans and had enough conviction in the character and the courage to go ahead and express his inability to agree to this illogical proposal of the makers ....and i truly respect him for that....

therefore wld appreciate it if ppl do not make this statement....of him having let down his fans etc...on our behalf.....we feel we have been let down by the makers and not by SS/purab..

also...given the fact that he had made it clear in the beginning itself, when his track was being extended, that he wld not be ok with his character becoming negative later (he had also said this in an interview abt six months back that he had made it evident to the makers that he wld stay on provided that they do not make the character negative later)...shows that he was quite transparent and open with them from the beginning....the makers cld have gone in for a replacment had they wanted...they didn't, apparently, because maybe they thought they cld manage with his recycled scenes for a few episodes as they had already decided to end his track....it was their decision.....no need to hold SS responsible for the same....

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 10:48pm | IP Logged

Yashika wrote:[QUOTE=therefore wld appreciate it if ppl do not make this statement....of him having let down his fans etc...on our behalf.....we feel we have been let down by the makers and not by SS/purab..[/QUOTE]

Point taken.

So let me rephrase it: SS really let JJKN fans down by sticking to his ego & not let the directors make the necessary changes as they deemed necessary at that juncture and then refusing to shoot which in my dictionary is called unproffesionalism.

And if Apoorva Agnihotri does something similar,I will say the same for him.And for every other actor,no matter who he is.

ritu Goldie
ritu
ritu

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
That is fine, but why did they commit such things before the press, specially before stamp release like jassi may end up with purab after knowing the devious plans of Armaan ? They shud hav consulted the BLF before giving such statements. Isn't it stupid at their end ??? Atleast i did not like the idea of jassi's face on postal stamp, they are placing her with Mahatma Gandhi and so on .... really disgusting friends. Angry
yashika Senior Member
yashika
yashika

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

Yashika wrote:[QUOTE=therefore wld appreciate it if ppl do not make this statement....of him having let down his fans etc...on our behalf.....we feel we have been let down by the makers and not by SS/purab..

Point taken.

So let me rephrase it: SS really let JJKN fans down by sticking to his ego & not let the directors make the necessary changes as they deemed necessary at that juncture and then refusing to shoot which in my dictionary is called unproffesionalism.

And if Apoorva Agnihotri does something similar,I will say the same for him.And for every other actor,no matter who he is.

[/QUOTE]

well as i mentioned in my previous post......given the fact that he had made it clear in the beginning itself, when his track was being extended, that he wld not be ok with his character becoming negative later (he had also said this in an interview abt six months back that he had made it evident to the makers that he wld stay on provided that they do not make the character negative later)...shows that he was quite transparent and open with them from the beginning....

having known abt this, the makers cld have gone in for a replacment in time had they wanted...they didn't, apparently, because maybe they thought they cld manage with his recycled scenes for a few episodes as they had already decided to end his track....it was their decision.....SS need not be held responsible for it....

also fail to understand...why were they so adamant on using the 'social & class differences etc...' as the reason for purab's departure...it completely contradicted the portrayal of the character so far....had they not insisted on this illogical twist....and let him go citing a logical and digestible reason....nothing of the sort that happenend wld have happened.

Edited by yashika - 25 November 2004 at 11:17pm
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 11:13pm | IP Logged

Yashika wrote:[QUOTE=therefore wld appreciate it if ppl do not make this statement....of him having let down his fans etc...on our behalf.....we feel we have been let down by the makers and not by SS/purab..

Point taken.

[/QUOTE]

Minnie,

SS said before joining the show that he is coming back only if the makers of the show will do the justice to his character. that is the reason why his contract was more flexible. Also note before coming back the second time he had told the producers that he wont want his character to go negative, so it is not ego, it is something which he had pre-decided before coming back. The makers were confident that they were the owners of the story until they got that warning from BLF.

AA contract on other hand compared to SS contract is very airtight.

Trust me on this one. Even if AA wanted he couldnt have quit the show , and if mona singh wanted she couldnt have quit the show for 2 years, not even advertise as mona singh, she has to attend all the parties and major functions dressed as mona singh etc. Next year  her contract renews.Well that is not needed anymore i guess.

Same goes for mallika, she couldnt have left the show.

Since purab's role was being extended beyond the stipulated time and SS didnt knew exactly what will happen to his character in future thus he kept the contract flexible.

Jammy.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 11:15pm | IP Logged

Atleast i did not like the idea of jassi's face on postal stamp, they are placing her with Mahatma Gandhi and so on .... really disgusting friends

Not everyone placed on a stamp can be placed with Mahatma Gandhi.There are thousands of stamps.And all those featured have their unique quality and not bacause they are at par with Mahatma Gandhi.

There are stamps of men & women from all walks of life along with numerous birds,animals,forts,functions.....even snakes so are they there because they are placing them with mahatma????LOL

Go to top