Posted: 14 December 2006 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Chapter 3: Aranya-kanda, the kidnapping of Goddess Sita. It is a relatively small chapter but equally touchy. Some of those scenes are –
1. When Goddess Sita explains to Lord Rama the three sinful activities to be avoided by a human being - false speech, sexual relations with another's spouse, and creulty toward those who are not inimical. And says Lord Rama to stop killing any innocent Raksas and other innocent creatures.
2. When Lakshmana slices Surpanakha's ears and nose.
3. When single handedly Lord Rama kills Surpanakha's brothers Dusana and Khara and his army of 14000 Raksasas.
4. When minister Marica suggests king of Raksasas, Ravana to not kidnap Sita. And also explains the power of Lord Rama and the fear it generates.
5. When not heeding to Lakhsmana's suggestion, Lord Rama goes to after the golden deer (Marica) to please Goddess Sita and falls into the wicked trap layed by Ravana.
6. When Sita behaves as a mad-women and accuses Lord Lakshmana of leaving Lord Rama alone to die, so he could enjoy with her. She also accuses him of being Bharata's accomplice and an enemy in the garb of a brother. (most touching)
7. When Goddess Sita screams Rama Rama for help, and the king of vultures Jatayu comes forward and tries to save her from the hands of Ravana. Finally being old and armless Jatayu loses his life in the fight. And Sita cries at the site.
8. When Ravana relishes the though of enjoying Sita. He forgets that when women get angry, Goddess of fortune turns into Goddess of destruction Durga.
9. When Lord Brahma sends Indra and Nidra Devi (Goddess of sleep) to Asoka Grova for offering Goddess Sita with the celestial sweet rice. On this Goddess Sita offers this first (through prayer) to Lord Rama and then eats it.
10. When Lord Rama grieves the loss of Goddess Sita and in anger raises an arrow to destroy the entire universe. Ultimately Lord Lakshmana pleads and cools Lord Rama to give it up.
11. When Lord Rama and Lakshmana listens to Jatayu's last words and performs his last rites.
12. When Kabandha tells Lord Rama to meet the money king Sugriva and take his help in finding Sita.
13. When Lord Rama and Lakshmana are treated with varieties of food by ascetic women Sabari. And afterwards Sabari attains the eternal abode.
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krsna Hare Krsna
Krsna Krsna Hare Hare