kaleidoscope thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
I want to be just Rajeev, not Sujal
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   November 25, 2004

Rajeev Khandelwal
Small screen hottie Sujal (Rajeev Khandelwal) has quit Kahiin To Hoga (Star Plus).

The buzz doing the rounds the last few days that he is walking out of the show has finally been confirmed by Khandelwal, who bagged the Best Debut, Best TV Personality and Best TV Couple (along with co-star Amna Sharif) awards at the Indian Telly awards a few days ago. "Yes, I have made up my mind," he says as we ask him….

Was it a sudden decision?
No. I had been thinking about it for a long time now. I have had my share of fame and the immense love from the audience. I am grateful to them. I want to be just Rajeev, not Sujal.

What prompted the move? Are you unhappy with your present track with the focus more on Kashish and Rishi (Shabbir Ahluwalia)?
In the last couple of weeks, I had this feeling that the character of Sujal was losing its sheen. I could no longer play Sujal if I could not deliver 100 per cent to it. I am responsible to the viewers and if I am not giving it my best, it's better to move out.

There is no truth in the rumours that I am unhappy with my role. Being Sujal has given me everything. I share a great rapport with my co-stars.

Yes, we have our share of fights and differences but then we make-up and all's well.

Are you still shooting?
Yes. I am a thorough professional and till I am required in the track I will continue to shoot. I have yet to sit down and sort out everything.

When did you inform Balaji, the producers of the soap?
I would not like to get into all that.

What next?
Nothing. I have not quit the show because I have other projects on hand. There is no TV serial or film offer at the moment. Everyone tells me I should have had something and then opted out. Also, I have not quit as I have bagged so many awards….. so what next now? I have just followed my conscience.

Maybe I will go to my hometown Jaipur for a short break and then start afresh. I know what it is to lead an anonymous life.

Prior to being Sujal, I did Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeequat (Sony). Before that I have struggled for five years. Destiny brought me to Sujal. Let's see where it takes me next. I am moving ahead with an open mind.

Sujal should stay!

As Rajeev Khandelwal, better known as Sujal in Kahiin To Hoga bids adieu to the show, we ask his fans how they feel about his decision to quit the show...

Claire Gonsalves, 23, student
He should stay. With him gone, there will be nothing to look forward to. I watch the show just for him. He is a man of very few words. I don't think anyone else can do justice to his role. I would have second thoughts on watching the show if he walks out.

Dhwani, 22 student
What difference does it make if he quits? I am sure somebody will replace him and the show will go on. Public memory is very short lived. People remember Rajeev as Sujal because the show is on air, but if he quits I am sure they will forget him and move on. This has happened in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi before. First it was Amar Upadhya, but now people have taken to Ronit Roy as Mihir.

Neha Jaju, 22 student
He should definitely stay. Without him the show will become boring. Sujal is the jaan of the show. He is today's teen heart-throb. Not only does he look good, but his acting also compliments his chocolate boy looks.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

😭😭😭 

sad ineed, although on the other hand i find it the right decision 'cuz his character is not going anywhere in KTH and he has the right 2 do whatever with his life but i wonder how will we spend those hrs when we used 2 watch our dear suju, and what exactly will they make of his character? i really can't imagine spending those hrs without our dear old suju.......oh GOD......

Edited by simplyvivacious - 19 years ago
nandiinii thumbnail

😭😭😭i dont have anything else 2 say!!!

cute thumbnail

😭wat a misery !! now wat will i do yaar??

he isnt doing any other show too. so no chances of watching him anywhere else!!

Cheeni thumbnail

Good he is leaving Kth but bad he is coming nowhere .

I will miss him .I don't know about others but i will watch kth first episode after replacement just to see who is this new one who cannever take Sujal"s place but not a single episode afterwards.

perveen thumbnail
wel in not to happy cus i think the show was all obout sujal and kashish yes i agree that sujal hasnt had a good story line so far but what i think exta should do is bring him back in the picture again and start to think what should be done with his role just but walking out of the show ur problem doesn solve you should face it like sujal always says no one can understand him then we all viewers give u a chance go taik to exta and sort ur difference out between one another 😊  wel i guess exta should cum up with the story line like kashish gets exposed and sujal doesnt for give her then one night she working late in the office to make up for what she ruined in the bussiness and sujal see her but just goes home and its quite late when she leave the office  and on the way home her car brakes down in the middle of no way so she opens the front bont and finds out that her car is hot so she needs water so she goes to look for some water and she findsa lake near by and she filling a bottle ao water and she see some guys who chace her and miss behave with her she reings sujal on his mobile for help but the mobile falls down and he thinks its one of her trick again so he just cuts her of she rings again but this time its swiched of and goes to the answering machine when siome guy are trying to miss behave and they say all these stupid stuff to her and evan try to rape her how does that sound guys i bet u all think ive gopne crazy obout hearin sujal quiting yeh like i said yes to save herself kashish gets lost in the jungle and with these three guys who are after her suddenly they find her and hurt her a lot buy tearing her cloths evan beatin and slapping her  so to save her self she gets out again and starts to run towards the street and ends up having an accidend and when veena and sujal relise that kashish did not cum home all night they start to panic and when sujal puts his phone on to call her thats when he gets a message on his phone and after listening to that he relizes what has happened sujal cant find kashish any where no one knows her  so they cant contact the family in the hospital and sujal cant track her down thats how i think exta should get them togeather yaar and then all them love sence like always
cutereems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Its good that he is leaving.even though he cares and loves kashish so much she is least bothered.i hate her like anything.😆
5622530723 thumbnail

hey guys what abad news sujal is quitting kth!

iwas surviving by seeing him . i feel like crying😭

idon't know how i am going to live.

Asima thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
end of sujal is like the end of kth
sajid thumbnail
i think then the ply shout be close
if rajeev gone then who watch the ply