Sonu Nigam to shave his head, asks the Maulvi to give him 10 lacs. - Page 23

Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by MrsKhan

But if he was serious he would have taken concrete steps and criticized temples first. Both of them are hanging out a lot so I won't be surprised if he gave him the idea for regular income.
Sonu despite being very talented has been blacklisted by music companies as he asks for royalty due to him as per law. But since they refuse to give it he has been forced to sit out. But this will keep him in limelight and get news channels at his doors. 

But why? Why can anybody not criticize Islam or Islamic practices without first having issued a 'disclaimer' of being secular/pro-Muslim? 

He was speaking about a personal experience. Why should he include temples when he never had any problems with them? 

If my sleep gets disturbed by bhajans, then I would be speaking only about the concerned bhajan, not write an all-inclusive essay that included all the varied sources of cacophony all over the world. 
Edited by krystal_watz - 7 years ago

But if he was serious he would have taken concrete steps and criticized temples first. Both of them are hanging out a lot so I won't be surprised if he gave him the idea for regular income.
Sonu despite being very talented has been blacklisted by music companies as he asks for royalty due to him as per law. But since they refuse to give it he has been forced to sit out. But this will keep him in limelight and get news channels at his doors.

@ red: Why?

@Blue: like? 
Originally posted by cricketfan1

@ red: Why?

@Blue: like? 

Like this lady Trupti Desai did. She didnt like the practice of women not being allowed into religious places of ANY religion. Hence first she did this:

Then this:

All this she followed the due process of law instead of sitting and tweeting about it or shaving her head as part of a media stunt. 

Like this lady Trupti Desai did. She didnt like the practice of women not being allowed into religious places of ANY religion. Hence first she did this:

Then this:

All this she followed the due process of law instead of sitting and tweeting about it or shaving her head as part of a media stunt. 

(You didn't answer why he has to talk about the temples when its the loudspeakers from the mosques that troubled him...)

Sitting and tweeting or standing and tweeting, may be its one of the ways he chose to draw attention to a problem that has been causing trouble to him...Just because you didn't get to read any news article on what other things he did to solve this issue of his with the loudspeakers...

Why would she shave her head, btw?😕

Edited by cricketfan1 - 7 years ago
Sonu Nigam is entitled to his opinion but given the current environment where there is a perception that Indian Muslims are being victimised for following their religion,perhaps he could have articulated his point a bit better.
Most Indians are idiots when it comes to religion,I know ,as a Sikh ,the reaction would'nt have been very different if Sonu had singled out Gurudwaras in his initial tweet.
And compared to other Indian religions, Islam is probably the least noisy anyway.
Edited by marcello - 7 years ago
I agree with Sonu's intial tweet and intention behind the tweet.

But then don't agree with him on shaving his head. Why did he give attention to some random fatwa / dhamki  ?? that was not needed.

but to each his own.
Edited by Nishita123 - 7 years ago
Originally posted by cricketfan1

(You didn't answer why he has to talk about the temples when its the loudspeakers from the mosques that troubled him...)

Sitting and tweeting or standing and tweeting, may be its one of the ways he chose to draw attention to a problem that has been causing trouble to him...Just because you didn't get to read any news article on what other things he did to solve this issue of his with the loudspeakers...

Why would she shave her head, btw?😕

Ok tell me what other steps has he taken? Is the loudspeaker issue solved?
Edited by MrsKhan - 7 years ago
Posted: 6 years ago
The topic has been flagged for non-compliance with our Forum Rules / Code of Conduct and has been temporarily closed for further review.

For further concerns, please feel free to approach any member of the Development Team of this forum!

Regards,
I-F Development Team