Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

SS dug Purab's grave (Page 6)

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

i never said he wont get another role. btw dont u see a pattern here? he was working in 2 serials and from both he exited hastily?

talking abt Patterns.....Apoorva has always been cast as a spoilt rich brat since his debut in Pardes.......maybe that is one reason why some of us r having a hard time seeing him as the guy who gets the girl....especially after all he has done to Jassi.......

as for Samir exiting both serials abruptly.....that proves nothing.....in fact by mentioning that as evidence u r defeating ur  own argument here......if Samir did actually breach the agreement with T&D, and the were decent enough to stay mum abt it (not that I buy it for even a second), then when he repeated the same with the makers of Saakshi, why did they TOO decided to remain quiet......what are they too in AWE of him ike so many others.......

and ya i was annoyed w/ the personal attacks against the makers of the serial. the serial is like their baby. who will want to kill their own baby?

when a show is a success, the makers get the entire credit.....similarly they r the ones who get balmed for its failures too......u cant just take the good without the bad.......still what we r criticising are the creators' directorial skills and not their PERSONAL HABITS........we are NOT speculating abt their PERSONS and MORALS..........

granted that T&D did not DILIBERATELY kill their "baby", but u cannot deny that they did make many MISTAKES and these caused the decline of the storyline........

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jammy

Next time if you talk with your insider just ask him one question.

If what he is telling is true and SS kept them hanging then SS behaviour was very unproffesional why didnt Sony or DJ creations took some action against SS??

After all SS was not working on words he too was bound by contract, then why leave him after he give them such a big Dokha.

Jammy.

As far as i know SS has no contract . Also looks like u have seen how the TV industry works. the latest news is KTH's main hero Rajeev Khandelwal has walked out. Even EK+star plus cudnt do anything when he did. Im sure neither EK or star wanted him to walk out.
MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ides

talking abt Patterns.....Apoorva has always been cast as a spoilt rich brat since his debut in Pardes.......maybe that is one reason why some of us r having a hard time seeing him as the guy who gets the girl....especially after all he has done to Jassi.......

as for Samir exiting both serials abruptly.....that proves nothing.....in fact by mentioning that as evidence u r defeating ur  own argument here......if Samir did actually breach the agreement with T&D, and the were decent enough to stay mum abt it (not that I buy it for even a second), then when he repeated the same with the makers of Saakshi, why did they TOO decided to remain quiet......what are they too in AWE of him ike so many others.......

when a show is a success, the makers get the entire credit.....similarly they r the ones who get balmed for its failures too......u cant just take the good without the bad.......still what we r criticising are the creators' directorial skills and not their PERSONAL HABITS........we are NOT speculating abt their PERSONS and MORALS..........

granted that T&D did not DILIBERATELY kill their "baby", but u cannot deny that they did make many MISTAKES and these caused the decline of the storyline........

Regarding AA getting the girl in the end it is a weird argument. SRK did not get kajol in bazigar. but  got her in DDLJ. but both movies clicked. that happenned becuz of the story. also SS played a grey character in baghban so going by the same logic u shld nt be able to accept him as a white character in JJKN.

maybe SS' character in both serials isnt imp enuf for the makers to pursue him w/ court cases. Also ive never seen even EK pursuing her actors when they quit. So i guess its the norm in TV industry.

Abt who is rite SS or someone esle only thing i can say here is SS is no victim. as he is made out to be. he has benefitted the most from the serial. regarding blaming him for jjkn going downhill i really dont blame him. i blame purab and his creators.
pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
. . too much dissing of the makers was going here. ppl were behaving as though poor SS is the victim. which is certainly not true. he has been the biggest beneficiary from JJKN. the serial was a success without him.

as i said when the story suffers , directors take the fall(they are the one who bring it all together)....purab not samir is the victim.....he deserved a proper exit...is it too much to ask....all they had to do was change the content of that letter to make it more credible.... i don't see why off screen differences(if any) should spill over to screen and the show. true samir has benefitted greatly from jjkn but it might surprise you that jjkn also gained from purab's popularity. few of my friends got hooked on it after samir's entry. everyone contributes to the success and failure of a show and everyone gets affected with it. shows are teamwork.  similarily mona singh made jjkn popular or jjkn made mona popular is any one guess. you can extend this premise to all actors, writers ....
MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
SS did not shoot for his exit. thats why the contents of his letter had to have a negative shade. otherwise most prolly purab wud have met jassi face to face and broken off. they obviously cant do that with no actor to shoot. 
pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 10:05pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jammy

Next time if you talk with your insider just ask him one question.

If what he is telling is true and SS kept them hanging then SS behaviour was very unproffesional why didnt Sony or DJ creations took some action against SS??

After all SS was not working on words he too was bound by contract, then why leave him after he give them such a big Dokha.

Jammy.

As far as i know SS has no contract . Also looks like u have seen how the TV industry works. the latest news is KTH's main hero Rajeev Khandelwal has walked out. Even EK+star plus cudnt do anything when he did. Im sure neither EK or star wanted him to walk out.

oh my god!!!! dearie all actor have contracts....it is for protection of everyone involved's professional interests. when an actor does not want to do a certain role...it would be very foolish to force him to do it under the pretext of contract, hence the actors walk out  all the time even lead and popular ones like rajeev khandelwal( btw if you did not know ekta has image of getting very airtight contracts signed by her actors....but she is wise enough to understand that it is hard/stupid to force an unwilling actor  to work in her organization).

now for sakshi.....if you ever saw it ...you might notice some interesting things

1) samir' s work in sakshi was lot lot better than in jjkn

2) the story of sakshi was very weak......can you imagine the head of a anti terrorist agency to be a foriegn spy and he would be foolish enough to create a ruckus in his office to steal certain information , which he had access to all the time bcoz of his position in organization. spy shows have to have very strong storylines and appropriate ammount of action....emotions normally take a backseat.( i compare it to alias which had similar storyline)

3) samir and amit sadh were the only reason people tuned in

4) after shekhar's death there was nothing left in the show.

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 10:56pm | IP Logged

Confused

No Contract!!!

As far as I know he has contract, every actor does. Especially on JJKN, Apoorva has a contract, mallika has. And the most Airtight contract on the show is jassi's aka mona singh. As for SS, he has a more flexible contract, he was not intrested in coming back untill he felt that the story of his character (which was being streched beyond orginal) will do justice to the show or not.

Also please you dont know rajeev has a contract too, but he gave ekta kapoor his side of story and him leaving the show is a mutual understanding between the actor and the producers of the show. Ektaa it seems is not afraid of replacing the leads or for that sake even the lead villains, evident from the replacing of mihir, kkusum, esha etc etc.  

Jammy.

yashika Senior Member
yashika
yashika

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 10:58pm | IP Logged

maybe SS' character in both serials isnt imp enuf for the makers to pursue him w/ court cases. Also ive never seen even EK pursuing her actors when they quit. So i guess its the norm in TV industry.

Well, how does one know whether the character is imp in a show or not .....the barometer is the character's popularity amongst the audiences...and it is no secret that he was and still is extremely popular..... all over...

evidence:

- first poll where he got 76-78% votes

-second poll where he got 60% votes

-AAp jaisa koi finals..where he was voted amongst the three most popular stars on sony

add to this invitations to shows where legends are performing...and extensive media coverage...

this leaves no doubt abt his popularity/importance to the show

Go to top