India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

SS dug Purab's grave (Page 3)

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 9:18am | IP Logged

Folks…..my take on this is keh Taali do haathon se bachtee hai……so it is wrong to blame just one party for anything…..and Shreya if ur news are true, I am surprised that such a scoop abt Purab having had a fall-out with the creators of JJKN has not been scooped up by the local media…..what happened India ke sare news houses band ho gaye hain?????Confused

The truth is that the directors made their biggest mistake by introducing Purab and turning Armaan almost evil…..the CONSISTENT goodness of Purab's role sealed the story….unable to deviate from the original BLF, now they had no other option but to kill Purab's character…..even if S.S did leave them in the lurch, T&D could have gave his character a DECENT exit without butchering his character ……Samir will get many roles, but by turning a steadily good character negative, T&D have spoilt their own story………..this is almost akin to cutting off ur nose to spite ur face

and ladies, I know u believe that u have inside info…..but have u ever thought that u seem to be getting one end of the news…..so how can u be so judgmental abt it……what one THINKS if limited to his/her mind is one thing but when it gets broadcasted in such a manner then one has to be careful abt the validity of such news……

Most of us here love bashing characters be it Jassi, Armaan or anyone else….but never has anyone attacked them personal…..we JUDGE a CHARACTER NOT a PERSON……personally I might make caustic comments abt Armaan or Jassi or the Directors…….but do I ever mangle Apoorva, Mona's or the Singh's private persons…….NO!!!!!....it is IRRELEVANT……..

I believe that this is one Forum where we do not make PERSONAL COMMENTS on individuals and I'd like it very much to stay that way……

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 9:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kshreya2002

I know many ppl at this site blame tony and deeya singh for ruination of purab mehra's character. but its not really them who has ruined it but Sameer Soni himself thanks to his unprofessionalism. calm down and look at it logically ppl. JJKN is the remake of a spanish soap opera. SET or the singhs have made no secret of the this fact. in fact every night we see the credits where the copyright is attributed to the original columbian writer. in betty la fea the story was of mousy secretary and her good looking but shallow boss. its abt how they fall in love and overcome their differences. the serial cud have never started without the charcater of armaan suri. this role was offered to sameer soni and he rejected it. later AA took up this role as a challenge and made it work. the serial became quiet popular as the serial with a differnce. every cast member knew what his/her role was all abt.
but i guess the channel or the makers were unsatisfied w/ the trps it got. as they say if u have some u want more. so they wanted more trps. so they decided to bring in a character who is the anti-thesis of everything armaan suri was. this character was purab mehra. this character was supposed to come in for a cameo. so whom did they approach? sameer soni once again who was by now regretting his descision of rejecting armaan's role. sameer soni was an ex-model who cudnt make his mark in bollywood. when he was offered purab mehra's role he was basically in oblivion. ppl did not know he even existed. but the role of purab mehra clicked.
so when JJKN needed some masala they went back to Purab to do the requisite. they realized that the character has become popular and decided to continue with it. but then was sameer soni really cheated? no! he always knew where he stood. that JJKN is the remake of betty la fea and it is armaan-jassi story and not purab-jassi one. to add masala they had polls, showed some purab-jassi 'romance' but sooner or later they had to get back to track. obviously it was sooner as purab-jassi track though appeared promising trp-wise actually when implemented did nothing for it. most ppl where bored w/ such a chemistryless couple and lack of jjkn's original comedy element and had stopped watching the serial.
So Purab's character had to make an exit. Now we all agree that JJKN is benefitted Sameer Soni rather than the other way round. how many of us ever heard of him or had seen him b4 JJKN? now he can use his success to move on w/ his career. so the least he cud have done for the ppl who gave him a 2nd lease of life was shoot for his exit.
But Sameer soni was highly unprofessional. he just left without shooting and the producers were forced to use his old scenes to end his track. look at it logically guys. if sameer wud have shot for his exit then purab wudnt have got a coward's exit. he wud have prolly had a heart-to-heart talk w/ jassi on why he doesnt want to go ahead with the marriage and then left. mind u and exit doesnt mean character being turned negative. but thanks to sameer's absence purab has dumped jassi and run away like a coward. so finally it was sameer soni who betrayed his fans and not the makers or the channel. the least he cud have done for his fans was ensure that they are'nt disappointed w/ his exit.

here is my take on it

1) purab is gone ....he is no longer there.....he does not plan to come back....we are back to original track...i fail to understand why you are still so embittered and hell bent on trashing samir soni....neither i nor you know him personally....we don't know what happened...why it happenned..all we have is speculations and rumours(your inside sources say one thing, purab's fan have a different version of story from thier source). let purab fans have thier day and say...why do you keep trying to rub it in ?? in  the end the story is ending as you wanted it and that is all that matters isn't it ????

2) i think tony and diya and sony made a mess of the story(so do most armaan fans). they might not be the culprit but then directors always take the fall so if purab fans are frustated and venting it out ...why does it bother you so much. this is not the first time they have gone through this. people similarily vented out during the end of banegi apni baat and just mohabbat. they must be used to it by now.

3) now for samir's failures...i for one don't know the reason for it...do you???....he is a mediocre actor but people who act and look worse than him have survived bollywood and made big. if there was a formula to success ...we would not have had so many struggling actors. parmeet sethi is a great actor...has the looks but still could not make it inspite of being casted in a hit like ddlj. same can be said for apoorve, vivek mushran, and a number of other actors.

4) samir soni as per his interviews could not do armaan's role becoz of date clashes with his movie on floor (dances like a man) and a theatre show. parmeet refused bcoz he found the character very straitlined and bland...he was interested in something different. then apoorve took it and did a great job...good for us . why would we begrudge samir or parmeet not going for it and blame thier refusal on thier acting capabilities.

5) who are we to plan or chart an actor's career graph. what mona singh , apoorve, samir, vinay....... will do in future remains to be seen. why predict doom for someone/ anyone's career based on rumours .

6) if samir did indeed leave abruptly....he could still be given proper exit(instead of stating social differences as reason ,he could state lack of interest in him as love as reason)....i don't think the channel would put thier show at stake by offending a certain segment of viewers to pull an actor down...the writer came up with this for some reason best known to them.

the point i am trying to drive i guess is.....let us not trash the actors and stick with the characters. this post by the way was not meant as a personal attack but just as an attempt to understand you point of view. i apologize if this in any way offends you.

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 10:03am | IP Logged

THE HORSE is lying.

Because THE HORSE is trying to save his NECK. IF THE HORSE is telling the truth and SS was unproffesional, then why are they queit?? Why all this no comment crap. because they know if they start a word war then thier mistakes will also become public. So rightnow its all hush hush. In between I have  said it before and ananyaa has confirmed what was happening behind the scene. Tell your HORSE that.

Jammy.

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MysticaMagic

Originally posted by tisha_bhatia

Just because the character he plays does not appeal to some of you, why do you want to make personal attacks against him? Whether he is unprofessional, rude or whatever - how do you know that for sure?

They have info from War Admiral.Wink

Hi Mystica,

A statment from WAR admiral does not means that he is telling truth. If he makes a mistake in his decisions, which has resulted in death of innocent people then definetly he wont accept his mistakes.

If you wanna know the truth then ask the small level soldier who was reluctantly following the orders or those soldier who were the mute spectators. The reason for them to lie is very less. Even if they lie it would be due to the fear of Admiral. But our Soldiers(friends at sony) havent given thier statment for the ADMIRAL. Its definetly against Admiral.

I am sure the ADMIRALS must be sulking LOL

Jammy.

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 10:46am | IP Logged

Hey Jammy

If you've watched or read about the movie/biography "Seabiscuit", you'll know that War Admiral, the well-bred stallion whose ancestors were traced back to Arabian racing horses was defeated by a "hybrid" - Seabiscuit - A little horse who looked like a donkey but who had more spirit than a dozen well bred stallions!

Originally posted by jammy

THE HORSE is trying to save his NECK. IF THE HORSE is telling the truth and SS was unproffesional, then why are they queit?? Why all this no comment crap. because they know if they start a word war then thier mistakes will also become public.

Exactly! As Ides, Puja and countless others have mentioned, there is ALWAYS another side to the story and WE for one DO NOT have the right to make judgements before the entire truth is revealed.

tisha_bhatia Senior Member
tisha_bhatia
tisha_bhatia

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MysticaMagic

Hey Jammy

If you'vewatched or read aboutthe movie/biography "Seabiscuit", you'll know thatWar Admiral, the well-bred stallion whose ancestors were traced back to Arabian racing horses was defeated by a "hybrid" - Seabiscuit - A little horse who looked like a donkey but who had more spirit than adozen well bred stallions!

Originally posted by jammy

THE HORSE is trying to save his NECK. IF THE HORSE is telling the truth and SS was unproffesional, then why are they queit?? Why all this no comment crap. because they know if they start a word war then thier mistakes will also become public.

Exactly! As Ides, Puja and countless others have mentioned, there is ALWAYS another side to the story and WE for one DO NOT have the right to make judgements before the entire truth is revealed.

Agreed 100%!
surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
But you are already judging before the truth be told - that Samir Soni is an angel!
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 25 November 2004 at 12:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by surnita

But you are already judging before the truth be told - that Samir Soni is an angel!

Who said he is an angel, He is as human as one can be and given the circumstances he took the decision what his heart told him too.

But the kind of picture you guys painted of your horse T & D that they are the victim of SS cruelty well that is not true, what ever happen was known to both of them and nobody kept the other hanging. 

Jammy.

Edited by jammy - 25 November 2004 at 12:39pm

Go to top