•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello people.I m new to this corner ,hope you will like this. Constructive criticism is always welcome! 

Prologue 

1942,Germany

The resonance of Beethoven lit up the abode. The playful banter with the notes filled the air with elation. He strode towards the source ,which was oozing out of this new found zeal and gusto. 

There she was ,sitting on the mahogany duet bench with her fingers , creating magic on the  keyboard of the spinet. Her cheerful spirits were so addictive that he was forced to surrender his distress and edginess to this lyrical connotation .

Fur Elise? He contemplated ,what was the reason for this bagatelle to be played? He walked inside the dingy room and stood behind her, looking over her shoulders to see the coated paper containing the musical notations. 

Without turning back to look at him she switched to symphony five , this sudden transition in the music amused him. 

What brought the sudden change from Fur Elise to Symphony five ? He mused , situation like their's didn't call out for Beethoven love or victory song. They were in Germany, her being a Jew didn't help out much with the autocracies of Nazi leader. The odds were against them and they had embraced this absolute truth long back  .

This mood of hers was daunting for him, he moved forward in order to question her but reverted back thinking this may be her only respite from the harsh realities. 

Ethnic cleansing by Hitler's dictatorship was at its prime . All doors  to evade the horrors of war zone, on the watch of officers were closed long back  . The world outside which out of the dictator's reach was blissfully unaware of their nightmarish realities. The only thing he could do was wait, wait for a better future,  wait for assured togetherness and freedom in uncertainties.

His reverie was broken when she suddenly asked him in her tremulous voice 

'Do you know who was Ozymandias ? '

He shrugged his shoulder in denial. She stopped her tryst with the piano and turned back to gaze in his curious eyes. 

'He was a tyrannical king,  who like a fool believed he was mightier than the god."  she answered  and paused only to speak again. 

"Do you know what he wrote beneath his statue?" As soon as he answered in denial ,she stood up and walked towards a broken table and picked up a shabby book. She strolled  back towards him and showed him the sonnet which was written on the white paper in illustrative letters 

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings,
      Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" 

Though it was out of context and he could not understand where she was going with this king and his tyranny still, he gave her his half -hearted attention.

She continued her description of the once lived king and how the ruins of his statue are ironically , mocked upon by people today .Then, she said something which made him look at her with rapt attention. 

" Hitler is far more worse than Ozymandias. He will lose the battle with time before our hopes do."

That's all she said .

And then he somehow , understood why the oppressive king interlude Beethoven's victory symphony .This very victory symphony will mark their Tryst with destiny.

A/N- Over to you readers.

A quick brush up on Facts :

1. Ludwig van Beethoven was a German composer and pianist. A crucial figure in the transition between the Classical and Romantic eras in Western art music, he remains one of the most famous and influential of all composers.

2.Fur Elise and Symphony 5 are his compositions. 

3.Bagatelle -A bagatelle is a short piece of music, typically for the piano,

4.Ozymandias was a Greek name for the Egyptian pharaoh Ramesses II, who ruled from 1279 BCE to 1213 BCE, in the 19th Dynasty of Ancient Egypt.  He was infamous for his cruelty as a king 

5.The lines of sonnet on between the story is from one of my favorite poem called Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelly It's a public domain poem hence I will not run into any sort of copyrights issue. 

You can always search for it via this link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

PS - I m planning to turn this into SS  of 10 to 15 parts only if you are curious to see them in this setting. 

Edited by cumberben - 6 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Hi,
To confess, the beginning was not very captivating, but the moment you mentioned Ozymandus (my mind remembered the poem) and I am intrigued.
Do continue, I would read though I am not sure how many readers you would get, this forum is a very quite place😊

Best,
Nyna

PS: could I know your name, if you do not mind, or do let me know how I can address you, I find it uncomfortable simply writing Hi!
Originally posted by Nynaeve

Hi,
To confess, the beginning was not very captivating, but the moment you mentioned Ozymandus (my mind remembered the poem) and I am intrigued.
Do continue, I would read though I am not sure how many readers you would get, this forum is a very quite place😊

Best,
Nyna

PS: could I know your name, if you do not mind, or do let me know how I can address you, I find it uncomfortable simply writing Hi!

Hey Nyna, 

The reason I m here is simple.

I want that my work is criticized or liked for its content,  literary aspects or creativity and not simply for adding shades to the fictional characters who happen to have an existing fan-base. So,  the stillness of the forum does not bother me. 

It was very sweet of you to give me a prior warning. 
Thank you for pointing out the beginning. I will surely work on it!

PS - I empathize with you when it comes to an akward 'Hi'
Henceforth you can call me 'cumber'

PPS- Thank you,  for signing off with your name. The awkward  quotient is surely low for me while addressing you! ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by cumberben

Hey Nyna, 

The reason I m here is simple.

I want that my work is criticized or liked for its content,  literary aspects or creativity and not simply for adding shades to the fictional characters who happen to have an existing fan-base. So,  the stillness of the forum does not bother me. 

It was very sweet of you to give me a prior warning. 
Thank you for pointing out the beginning. I will surely work on it!

PS - I empathize with you when it comes to an akward 'Hi'
Henceforth you can call me 'cumber'

PPS- Thank you,  for signing off with your name. The awkward  quotient is surely low for me while addressing you! ðŸ˜†

Dear Cumber,

(I presume you are a Benedict Cumberbatch, he makes the best Sherlock IMO😳), glad to meet you. 

I do get what you are trying to say regarding fanfics - I primarily write fanfics - and since I only use the names / relations as in the serial (lazy me, I do not have to recreate whole families) with a very different characterisation - the balance between serious readers and fan readers is almost impossible to achieve
This place is relatively quiet, as I have said and few writers do come here, but welcome.

I sent a buddy request, do PM me when you update.

Best,
Nyna
^^
An ardent fan of Sherlock ,I also go around by the Name of 
Mrs Benedict Cumberbatch ðŸ˜›. I m glad to meet you too. 

Oh! I am all over the place ,you will find this piece on Geet or Kuch rang forums, so I m not unknown to the dilemma of 
Whether I m appreciated for my story or just praised for shaping the new alternatives for their beloved characters. 

It's really funny sometimes that how faces to the characters overpowers the figment of readers' imagination, but hey ! I am all for fan fictions :)

Thank you ,for such a warm welcome.

Sure , I will PM you in Return Of a promise that you will criticize me to the best of your knowledge. 

PS - it's good to know Cumberb*tchs are here!