Akdha SS- ~A Secret Crush~ #3 Chapter-7, Pg.7 (16.07.17) - Page 5

Posted: 6 years ago
Welcome back... Plz update ur stories soon...

RECAP- Holding her hand casually, he smirked, leaning close to her ear. Biting back a sneer. "You're an even better kisser than I thought." he whispered.

Chapter-7

The Games We Play

Her eyebrows pulled together in a subtle frown, her mind decidedly ignoring her heart tripping at his words. This couldn't be real, this couldn't be true. It was one thing when he was drunk, another when he's apparently sober, and then she couldn't focus on any of her thoughts except one, why was he holding her hand?

The intial shock fading away, she fought hard to resist the blush that'd threatened to burst. He's only playing, after all, and she knew better than to think any of this meant anything to him.

He's only playing, she thought again, biting her lip as she felt her heart drop.

"What? No comebacks for me today?" He teased, taking a calculated step towards her. Oh, he was all too aware of what he was doing to her, her eyes wide, cheeks flushed- she was a sight, indeed. A sight he was more fascinated by than he'd like to admit.

She backed away, her back hitting the wall, only for him to come closer.

What are you doing, Jalal?

His lips pressed against the skin of her cheek, twisted in a smirk, before pulling away.

His eyes twinkled, just for a moment, before the familiar mask came back. A mask, she realized, as she saw it- in a flash, the playfulness was gone.

And so was the smile that'd begun to pull at her lips.

This was reality, wasn't it? Then why did it hurt so much, seeing him change like flipping a switch, why did it feel like someone stabbing her over and over?

With a last glance at the girl he had against the wall- again, he thought, wondering why could he not stay away? Why did he always come back to her?

He leaned in, her eyes fluttering close at the action. His breath hit her face, lips so close he could kiss her right now- and God, he'd never wanted anything more, and so it took everything he had to kiss the corner of her lips, and then walk away like his heart hadn't just nearly burst at the touch.

Almost as if she could sense the shift in the air, her eyes opened, shaking away any traces of disappointment. She knew, of course she knew he'd walk away, but why did she want him to kiss her before he does?

A spell of sad sighs later, Jodha decided to find her father. She wanted to leave, and she wanted to leave now. God knows her heart couldn't take any more of those fluttery kisses from her- no, he wasn't her's- Jalal. It was doing something to her mind, and she could almost feel certain that she was indeed going crazy.

Crazy, indeed. In love, maybe?

She shook away the four-lettered word. She'd been so sure of it, so sure, that what she felt for Jalal was love. Love of the best kind. She thought it was love like only she could love him, but that was before she'd met him, and now his words and actions and kisses and glares had all mixed together in one question and one question only- could this be love?

This, all of this, it didn't feel like love. Truth be told, she had no idea what was going on. It seemed unfair, really. He looked so in control, of everything. She, on the other hand, was a mess. He'd pull her close and kiss her when he was drunk, and almost do it again when he's sober, and then walk away like he didn't just make her heart stop?

Yes, she frowned, it was unfair how he seemed to control her feelings and this- situation- so much better than she could.

Temporarily pausing the internal debate that'd been sparked by the damned kiss, her eyes landed on her father, the familiarity of his smile making her warm. Her dad, her hero- she knew she could always depend on him for understanding her.

Pulling up a convincing smile, she walked towards her father. In a very un-Jodha move, she tugged at the hem of her jumpsuit. Something about the way people stared made her conscious, like she was doing something so very wrong in wearing it. Her mind went back to how Jalal had looked at her when she'd entered. He thought she hadn't noticed, but she could never be oblivious when it comes to him. The way his eyes had lingered, slowly, not on her  jumpsuit, not on her body, but on her eyes, before they'd slid down in a way she could only describe as sexy.

Damn Jalal, she thought, biting her lip to prevent a smile.

"Dad, I..." She began, only to be cut off when he gave her a brilliant grin.
"Jodha, hey, I'm Abhimanyu, but a pretty lady like you can call me Abhi." He gave a disarming smile, and Jodha found herself smiling back.

"I'm Jodha, but I guess you already know that, considering you said my name.." she replied awkwardly, before chuckling. He joined in, before turning to her father.

"No offense, sir, but why the hell are you paying another actress? Your daughter would rock this role, I mean, she looks perfect for it."

"Oh," he laughed at the idea, "she's not interested in acting, trust me, I tried. Actors, on the other hand..."  he smirked.

Her head whipped so fast it was a miracle she didn't sprain her neck. No, her father couldn't possibly be talking about this in front of the movie director. No, no, no, he wouldn't, she tried to convince herself, but she knew her father- how can he ever give up an opportunity to tease her?

"What actors?" Abhimanyu questioned, amused by the shades of pale that dawned on her face.

"Jalal, of course, for one. I'm not lying when I say she is his biggest fan. I mean, have you seen her room-" thinking it best to stop him before he further embarrasses her, she ignored the sudden warmth in her cheeks and pulled him away from the director who'd given in to his laughter.

"So Jodha likes Jalal.. how very interesting.." He thought, a mischievous smile playing on his lips, thinking about the video only he, Abdul and Jalal knew about.

Time to play cupid.

After being told by the assistant director that he'd seen Jalal go back to his allocated room, he went off to find him. If what he was thinking was true- and really, it had to be- then Jalal had really found love on the sets of this movie. If this works out, there is no questioning the success of the movie. Of course, Abhimanyu wanted the best for Jalal- and from what little he knew of Jodha, he knew she was his best chance at forgetting everything that'd happened before her.

And that was it, really, she was his best chance, she could be his redemption.

He just had to make Jalal see it.

Jalal

"Can I come in?" He mocked, knocking on the door to add to the effect, but then he walked in anyway. Rolling his eyes at the childish behaviour, Jalal turned in his chair to meet the suspiciously happy director.

"It's rude to roll your eyes, you know?"

"It's rude to come in without being allowed, you know?" In a rare moment, Jalal hadn't bitten back a retort and let it escape. As it dawned on him, the confusion morphed into surprise, since when did his mask started slipping off?

Abhimanyu just laughed, a cheery air to him, and if Jalal wasn't doubtful earlier, he was definitely wary now.

"Any specific reason for your happiness?"  he quizzed, not that he cared, really, he was just interested.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about Jodhaa.." he let her name slip in the conversation, before carefully looking at Jalal to catch his reaction. It was important, of course, the way he reacts to her name would be everything to his plan.

He wasn't disappointed. At her name, his knuckles had tensed ever so slightly, and Abhimanyu swore something seemed to shift in his eyes.

"What about her?"

"I was thinking about launching her as an actress.."

Jalal frowned at the idea. He couldn't see her being an actress. Not that she wasn't pretty, because hell, he'd never seen a girl like her , but because acting demanded masks. Lies. You had to deceive yourself. You had to be someone you're not.

You had to wear a mask. Jalal had mastered the art of deception, but her? She couldn't hide her emotions nearly half as well as he could.

He was night- secrets, lies, deception, dark.

She was daylight- clear, truth, bright, happy.

She couldn't wear a mask like he did. She wouldn't.

"She wouldn't make a good actress, anyway. Why do you want to?"

"Wouldn't she? I just talked to her, she seems perfect." Abhimanyu pressed on.

He nodded, signifying the end of the conversation, and a silent moment passed before Abhimanyu began again.

"Maybe a model, then. I do know some fashion designers who'd love to have her flaunt their designs."

"Why do you care, anyway? She's perfectly capable of choosing her profession on her own." Another retort he hadn't filtered. Another slip-up of the mask.

"Chill, dude. I was just saying. I mean, she's beautiful, she could do something with it, you know?"

"She's not that beautiful. There are better actresses. A lie. This was familiar.

" I don't think you believe that." He teased.

"I do, Abhimanyu."

"Really? Why did you kiss her, then?" there, the question he'd been wanting to ask, the question Jalal was dreading, hung in the air.

"I..I.." he fumbled, lost for words, before continuing, "I don't want to talk about it." Another lie, because in all actuality, he needed to talk to someone. He'd been going insane, thoughts of his lips on hers, the feel of her skin against his, the sound of silver bangles playing in his mind- he really did need to talk to someone.

"Come on, Jalal. So you like her, that's great, isn't it? She's good, you know?"

"I don't like her." He said simply, effortlessly.

"You don't?"
"Yeah, I don't. I kissed her, fine, but I was wasted and you know that. I wouldn't touch her if I was sober."  And then his thoughts flashed back to how he'd held her today, how it'd taken everything in him to stop himself from kissing her.

"She could be what you want, Jalal.." Abhimanyu tried again. He'd seen it in his reactions, Jodha Singh meant something to him- he wouldn't admit it to him, but he had to at least admit it to himself.

"I don't want her, okay? I don't know what gave you the idea, but the kiss meant nothing to me. It was a mistake. Do you want me to apologise for it?"

Sensing that he'd gotten too defensive to admit to anything, Abhimanyu sighed, but didn't pushed him further. He'd done the best he could. Jalal had to see it for himself, what she could be for him- but that would take time, he realized.

Change never did go well with Jalal. And she might just be the biggest change in his life.

He shrugged dismissively, but Jalal, controlled by the need to prove how irrelevant she was to him, continued- "I don't really care for her. I don't know why you think I do, but I don't."

"Okay, Jalal, I get it, you hate her." He forced a laugh, to which Jalal gave a curt nod.

Glancing casually at the door, he thought he'd seen a red figure run by, before convincing himself it was just his mind playing tricks.

Jodha

"That jerk... that.. that..." she gave up on finding abuses to curse him. She hated this, all of this. How could she be such an idiot?

He wasn't just playing, he was using her. And she kept falling for it, and now, she'd never felt more stupid and hurt in her life.

I don't like her.

Stupid, stupid, stupid- her mind went on.

I wouldn't touch her if I was sober.

She thought she felt something in her chest fall, and it hurt, it just hurt how he could all of this like it didn't matter, the same words which were now tearing her apart.

I don't want her.

Of course he doesn't. Why would he, anyway? Didn't he tell you that he hates you?

I don't really care for her.

Then why did you made me think you do, Jalal? Why did you make me believe in a lie? At that, she felt her heart break. This couldn't be happening, not to her. He couldn't hate her so much. The sinking feeling in her chest intensified, like she was drowning, but he was the air she'd lost, and she couldn't breathe.

It was a game, right?

You're not the only one who can play, Jalal.

To her surprise, she hadn't cried. Her heart felt like it'd been ripped apart and torn in seconds, but she didn't have tear stains to go with it. Just as fine, she supposed, she really couldn't be bothered with the way she looked right now.

She had to do something, anything to get him back for the cruel trick he'd played on her. This was far, too far, even for Jalal, and she wondered if she could ever forget this.

She knew of heartbreak. She'd read about it in novels and cried for it in movies, but this.. this was different. More painful. This wasn't something you could move on from. This was something that could kill you.

Her phone flashed, displaying a silly picture of Chirag sticking his tongue out with his eyes closed. She almost laughed, almost, but her chest felt heavy like something weighing her down. Bracing herself before answering the call, she walked around to find a place to sit, before spotting a chair.

"Ssup?" he asked, making her laugh.

"I can't believe you still say 'ssup'. I mean, really?" she teased him- there was nothing and no one who knew how to cheer her up better than Chirag.

"It's cool, okay?" He defended, and she could just imagine him rolling his eyes.

"Sure, sure." She chuckled, when suddenly her laughter died in her throat as she saw him, exiting his room.

He hadn't seen her yet, she could run, and she almost did, when she stopped herself. She hadn't done anything wrong. No, she wasn't going to run. Turning her eyes away, she made sure he hadn't seen her look at him, before continuing to talk to Chirag.

"where are you? Come over?"

"I would, but I'm at the set with dad. Apparently, I'm a lucky charm." She finished sarcastically, earning a laugh. She saw him looking at her from the corner of her eye, and looked at him for a second before turning away, smirking in triumph over her supposed indifference to the guy who'd broken her heart for the first time.

Baby I'm sorry, I'm not sorry.

The song lyrics went off her in her mind, and she chuckled, before focusing again on her conversation.

"The set? I could come pick you up if you want?"
"Chirag, you don't have to-" her denial weakened as she felt his stare rip through her body and into her soul. Dramatic, really, but that was how she felt. He was looking at her, through her, like no one ever had.

She thought she saw him stepping towards her, and her words came out hushed.

"okay, be here in half an hour?"

"As you say, ma'am." He made a kissy sound, as she giggled, before disconnecting the call. She looked around to find her father to inform him about the plan, careful not to look in Jalal's direction. When she couldn't find him, she gave up, sending him a short text to explain her absence, looking up just in time to see him walking away.

Out of all the things he'd did that day, his walking away so easily, so easily like it didn't even matter hurt her the most.

Jalal

If Jalal had ever been sure of anything, it was that Jodha Singh was decidedly and determinedly ignoring him.

Not that he cared, of course, but it pissed him off to see the girl he thought was head over heels for him act like she couldn't care less. Something was different in the way she looked at him, her eyes didn't widen the way they did, her lips didn't slightly part the way they always did- and something about her face.. it tightened with anger.

He frowned, wondering if it would be worth it to go there, pull her to him and cause a scene when she was talking to someone on the phone.

"Chirag- you don't have to."

At the name, his fist clenched. It was stupid, really, because didn't he just say he didn't care about her? And it could be her brother for all he knows, but something inside him told him it wasn't her brother she was talking to.

Instinct took over, and he treaded towards her, before stopping himself. You don't care. You don't care. He repeated, thinking if he would repeat it just enough, the surge of anger would go away.

"okay, be here in half an hour?"

His nails dug into his palm, breaking skin. He couldn't possibly be this affected by this girl he swore he didn't care about. He couldn't be.

This couldn't be happening, not to him.

He heard her laugh, and something in him dropped- she was laughing, she was happy, and despite every fibre of his body that was begging him to stay, he took a last look at her face, glowing with laughter, before walking away.

Jodha

I'm here. Chirag texted, she smiled before walking towards the main gate of the set.

Spotting his familiar car, she waved, chuckling as he did a formal bow to her.

"Your driver is here, ma'am."

"Ah, I've got a very handsome driver, then." She teased, ruffling his hair before walking towards the opened door of the car.

"What a gentleman." She remarked, smiling, before a chill went down her spine. She couldn't explain it to him, or to herself, but it felt a lot like someone's eyes on her back.

But she was probably just imagining things.

The goosebumps were next, and she nearly gasped in shock- they only came when he was around. Could it be?

Turning around just in time to see a mop of black, messy hair hiding behind a car, she felt the taste of victory in her mouth. The plan had worked after all, Jalal was here, hiding, looking at her.

Grinning, she entered the car, immediately putting her feet up on the dashboard before turning the radio up. As the song, "Sorry not sorry" burst through the speakers, Chirag belting the lyrics in an awful voice that made her ears bleed, she laughed, before joining in.

You wanted to play, Jalal? Fine, let's play. But Jodha Singh never loses.

And that's it! I hope you guys liked it, it starts out nice but gets dark around the middle but in the end I guess I've given more than enough hints about Jalal's feelings so whoop whoop!😆😉

I love you all. Thank you for sticking with this Eid ka Chaand. You guys are the best! ❤️

Edited by ...Anushka... - 6 years ago
🤗,.loovvveee it,.just back from church.. n walaaa,.ure update,.i pray to God so u can update everyday ,.luv u,.
Good to see you back Anushka😊will read soon. Pls. Don't leave without note.
Awesome update... 😃

btw u like delena rather than stelena !!
Very nice update and well written game where both know about each other as well own feelings. 😃
Amazing chappy 
Poor Jodha 
When they will clear the mess between them 
N when he'll accept his love for her 
Update soon 
Originally posted by -Kavya_P-

Amazing chappy 
Poor Jodha 
When they will clear the mess between them 
N when he'll accept his love for her