Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Anoli

IF-Sizzlerz

Anoli

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 03 December 2006 at 2:50am | IP Logged

I m so happy that Ganguly is back!!! I really liked his playing!!! Big smile

But unfortunately i m unhappy abt d fact dat sum cricketers board are thinking Sachin to be as a captionOuch I like Sachin(Not dat much) But still i want Rahul Dravid to a caption...Wink

Wt do u all think???Embarrassed

Take Care

Anoli

xxx

Here is the article

Ganguly to return to international cricket with a special bat
Jalandhar, Dec 02: Former Indian cricket team captain Saurav Ganguly, whose 10-month long wait to get back in the Indian cricket team has finally ended after being recalled for the three-match Test series against South Africa, may start his new innings with a new bat.

The Kolkata southpaw, who had played his last international match earlier this year against Pakistan, has got a special bat made by Jalandhar-based Beat All Sports (BAS).

For the upcoming series barely two weeks from now (December 15), Ganguly has got a special made-to-order bat, especially prepared, by Beat All Sports (BAS), a Jalandhar based sports goods manufacturer.

During his recent Ranji Trophy matches in Chandigarh, Ganguly played with a bat made by BAS. Now, keeping the international cricket's requirements, he has sought some changes in the bat.

"He (Ganguly) required certain changes in the bat such as thick edges and all. As per his choice, we made two bats that were appreciated by him. Now, he has asked us to take a note of the design of the bat so that we could provide him with a new piece as and when required. He has also wanted some changes related to bat's balance, which we cannot reveal. It's his secret.," said Somi Kohli, Chairman Beat All Sports Jalandhar.

Besides Ganguly, Beat All Sports also boasts of having provided bats for master blaster Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

Normally, a cricket bat is made of willow wood, treated with linseed oil. The wood is tough and shock-resistant. A bat incorporates a wooden spring design where the handle meets the blade.

The rules of the game limit the allowable size for a bat as not more than 38 inches (965 mm) long and the blade may not be more than 4.25 inches (108 mm) wide.

A bat typically weighs from 2 lb 8 oz to 3 lb (1.1 to 1.4 kg) though there is no standard. Former cricketers like Clive Lloyd and Sandip Patil were known for having a preference for heaviest bats.

Bureau Report

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ganguly Back.. yeeee:P" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 03 December 2006 at 8:55am | IP Logged

Anoli welcome to Debate Mansion!!!!

I'm also happy that Ganguly will back into the Indian Team.But I wonder if he can do any miralcles.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 10:33pm | IP Logged

I'm happy that Sourov Ganguly is doing well.

His hardwork and determination really needs appreciationClap

Cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 March 2007 at 10:34pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Good to see YOU back ANOLI too LOL LOL
yes, i heard that SG did a great job, while others were busy losing Big smile
Good luck to India for the future games..

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 1:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Good to see YOU back ANOLI too LOL LOL

You probably didn't see topic start date....LOL

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 8:11am | IP Logged

yes, great that Ganguly is back. it'll be great now if we can see the back of chapell, dravid and tendulkar. for good. Wink

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Me too! am so glad DaDa is back with a bang, always liked his focus on the game. Very disappointed on the overall performance yesterday though, wish all the best to them.

If they don't make it to 2nd round, I want my telecast subscribtion, money back Ouch going to tap them at Atlanta airport upon thier return from Carribeans, you can join me LOL

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 9:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top