Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Recently Seen Movies - 10 (Page 60)

Himalaya10 Groupbie
Himalaya10
Himalaya10

Posted: 31 July 2017 at 12:58pm | IP Logged

Teen :

Watched on Netflix and truly enjoyed it,...It delivered more, than I'd expected,... a good suspense thriller,... You must had seen the  movies like,...

Dhund, Ghayal, 100 Days, aamir, A Wednesday, Badlapur, Table no. 21,  Kahani, ugly, Drishyam, Kaabil,.. and such level of movies,... which  unfolds the links,..one after the other suspense ( of  a pre committed murder,.. ) and holds you all the way for  a suspense,... !! This movie adds one to it,...

Amitabh is Amitabh  ( da Star of the Galaxy ) and  age is not  a matter, ( he has proved it once again, after Piku ) no matter what role,.. ! It's not the Age, but MileAge  that matters !  Needless to say, has acted well,...   I found Nawaazzuddin  as so - so,...  Kay Kay would rather had been a better choice,.. and Vidhya buffalo, a total hopeless and a bad choice,,...( though, b-t-w  no other actress also suits or fits for this role at present, either.. unless Tabu or so,... Drishyum waali..  ) ... ! 

Such movies not worth for theaters,.. as @ many occasions you need to rewind few scenes, scenarios and dialects,... So DVD / Netflix  be a better place,..

Movie is a worth-watch and never bores you,...   Few background music is good,... No over-acting or humbug fights or any such,... Unrolling of suspense and links one after other,... Just like movies Dhund and Badlapur,... the Initial ( starting )  of the movie is of importance and should not be missed,..

Good one.  3.25 out of 5.0

Edited by Himalaya10 - 01 August 2017 at 7:42am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Maharani. IF-Dazzler
Maharani.
Maharani.

Posted: 31 July 2017 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
I am not sure how you made it through the entire movie because I couldn't even find the courage to read your entire review without feeling suicidal. 

HotFuzz

djoker Goldie
djoker
djoker

Posted: 01 August 2017 at 2:10am | IP Logged
this was frankly the most rofl movie i watched in theater ,lmao not just us people sitting behind us made it even more fun to watch lol with all the hilarious comments  LOL

Edited by djoker - 01 August 2017 at 2:10am
Kara_R Senior Member
Kara_R
Kara_R

Posted: 01 August 2017 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
I braved it and the 1st half was not a total disaster, except for the scene where he was sitting on the vibrating phone with arms flapping and making weird noises... while encouraging her to do the same... WTH was that?!?!?!

They completely lost me during the 2nd half. Who was that creepy old man, what were they doing there? Why did they want the village? How is she able to breath under water? None of it made logical sense... I skipped to the ending Ouch
serendipity_10 Goldie
serendipity_10
serendipity_10

Posted: 01 August 2017 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kara_R

I braved it and the 1st half was not a total disaster, except for the scene where he was sitting on the vibrating phone with arms flapping and making weird noises... while encouraging her to do the same... WTH was that?!?!?!

They completely lost me during the 2nd half. Who was that creepy old man, what were they doing there? Why did they want the village? How is she able to breath under water? None of it made logical sense... I skipped to the ending Ouch

Asking you for a spoiler cause I don't think I'll be watching it Tongue
How does it end? 
Kara_R Senior Member
Kara_R
Kara_R

Posted: 01 August 2017 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
^^^^^ LOL in typical BW fasion of course! Defeat the bad guy and live happily ever after with twin boys Wink

Honestly, the 1st half isn't too too bad, if you don't have to pay for it, give it a try... just don't kill me after LOL

Edited by Kara_R - 01 August 2017 at 7:09pm

serendipity_10

adventurousman IF-Dazzler
adventurousman
adventurousman

Posted: 01 August 2017 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Honestly, the 1st half isn't too too bad, if you don't have to pay for it, give it a try... just don't kill me afterThumbs Up
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 02 August 2017 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Mr. Mom
For a movie made in 1983, Mr. Mom is quite a progressive movie. Set in the 1980's recession, Michael Keaton plays Jack Butler an automotive engineer who is laid off from his job. Terri Garr plays his wife Caroline a college educated woman with experience in advertising who returns to the workforce to make ends meet. 

The movie shows Jack struggle being a stay at home dad. He is clueless about mundane tasks such as laundry and struggles to multitask. Most often his efforts end up in a disaster. Meanwhile, Caroline thrives in the workplace successfully wooing a difficult client for the company. 

Unfortunately, Caroline struggles with her boss Ron showing an unhealthy interest in her. Similarly, Jack has to fend of Caroline's friend Joan who swiftly moves from helping him with motherly duties to trying to seduce him. Eventually, Caroline quits her job and Jack is rehired as the company is falling apart without him. 

Perhaps the movie does not seem as progressive based on today's times. But in its era, Mr. Mom was a game changer. In the early eighties, the workforce was largely male. Women who worked were typically usually single and/or childless. The stay at home dad was unheard of. Mr. Mom was a game changer in normalizing working moms and stay at home dads. While it still falls prey to many gender stereotypes it also served as a catalyst to break them as well. 

This is by no means a great film. Everything is mediocre at best. But it is a quick breezy view and worth it for an in home movie night. 

-Swetha-

Go to top