The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

--L-- IF-Stunnerz
--L--
--L--

Posted: 13 February 2018 at 1:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ---Betty---

Originally posted by MinzPie

[QUOTE=brewedawakening]The Post - Brilliant film!
expected nothing less from Spielberg and Hanks Star

Literally mediocre shit.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

---Betty----Swetha-

stannis Newbie
stannis
stannis

Posted: 13 February 2018 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Gentleman 
zsazsa Newbie
zsazsa
zsazsa

Posted: 13 February 2018 at 2:10am | IP Logged
Toilet
Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 14 February 2018 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Woman in the Dunes
..the beginning of this movie is something else, one of the most memorable scenes for me.. 

..story about a man, who on a holiday trip is ensared by villagers who want to increase manpower in their village which is in sand mining.

The movie is special, the way it is presented really influences our emotions, the movie almost has a heavy hopeless feeling to it...some sort of a heavy mood to it, which I didn't quite enjoy TBH :/ .. IDK how to explain but the life of the lady that lives in the mine was so puzzling.. you feel sorry for them continually. There's some sense of discomfort, fear, insecurity, hopelessness, awe that were strongly instilled just by watching... and the movie doesn't even have interesting dialogues and has minimal background score.. the mood of the movie in the way that it affected me was different - just because of direction..

I really wondered like the trapped man, if people can be so attached to their homes that they'd choose to live in minimal subsistence and even risk losing their life just because it's 'their home'.. we see this happening in real life as well...  I want to know if there is really a village/s that are situated so dangerously in sand mines?? I even googled, but couldn't find any.

Shots that involved sand were sooo beautiful... a very unique thought and manner of direction. A lot of scenes were poetic, and sand dune shots can be compared to the woman... 

I am not able to appreciate this movie as much, but it just gives such complex feelings to the viewer.. and I didn't even watch it continually, watched it over a few weeks.

There was one scene that I had to mute and watch, the scene with drums playing and men wearing masks... Dunno what that scene meant, but it was scary. 

And, sand... the way sand is presented so beautifully.. you can actually 'feel' it :p

--L---Swetha-

Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 14 February 2018 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --L--

^than you should watch "Tokyo godfathers " and complete his filmography.

Surely :)

I started watching The Girl Who Leapt through Time..

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 14 February 2018 at 2:59am

--L---Swetha-

Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 14 February 2018 at 6:09am | IP Logged
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Loved it. The movie was so light and simple for most part, and the last half hour was totally unexpected! Story suddenly becomes complex, emotionally heavy, leaves us wanting for more.. It's like reality hits hard after fun and games.. 

I'm not sure if I understood correctly why Chiaki had to return the final time, but I thought he'd stay back but then he leaves again.. The first parting that happens at a crossing was itself so emotional, right the moment when he raises his hand, time resumes and people start moving... time waits for no one :'(

And, the final parting was horrible, but what a beautiful scene.. I hope they make a sequel.. I want a sequel!! :( 

I fell in love with Chiaki and Makoto

I loved Makoto's voice! even Chiaki's.. when he starts narrating about his own story, some thing is very different about his voice, the way he speaks - it's striking... perhaps the seriousness or revelation of sad truth of his side of the story..

I also loved that scene where Makoto's sister thinks Makoto was attempting suicide lol... so innocent and cute.. 

Loved the animation! :D 

--L---Swetha-

--L-- IF-Stunnerz
--L--
--L--

Posted: 14 February 2018 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Since it's Valentine's day 
What could be best to post these anime series

CLANNED

CLANNED is the best slice of life anime out there , if not one of the best anime period.
It basically follows the story of Tomoyo and Nagisa whose love blossoms through the end year of the school, CLANNED more than anything is story about friendship , growing up and life.
If any one want to watch this , please don't Google anything about it or look anything related to it, take a leap of faith or become an old man filled with regret waiting to die alone.
The anime visuals are not out of extraordinary but there are some shots which lives with you forever.
Season 1 is the Clanned set up , with good story arcs where by the end you are hooked , it's the season 2 Clanned After story that will make you feel things you never had.
Great thing about it is the soundtrack with dango being ingrained in your mind for a lot of time.
Through it's ordeal it deals with relationship's that i have to say you come out as better person after watching it , to be grateful for what you have or maybe more.
Don't miss it at any cost.

" If you feel like crying you should not hold back your tears. You should let it all out while you still can - because when you get bigger sometimes you can't cry even if you have something to cry about"

Edited by --L-- - 14 February 2018 at 11:01am

Angel-likeDevil-Swetha-

Go to top