Controversial Poem - IO - Page 2

Posted: 7 years ago
https://i.imgur.com/uJtCmFv.gif

Riya has turned a year older by age but gone back a couple of years by her mind๐Ÿ˜† So congratulations on your new transformation. Jokes apart we wish you a happy birthday. Stay cool, stay happy and keep smiling, let your light shine.

Happy birthday Riya. Here's a little gift for you from the CC team as a token of appreciation for your contribution at CC:

https://i.imgur.com/4pi5SUQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/hQkbeNd.gif

https://i.imgur.com/q1z9b6Y.gif

Credits:

Radhikerani | -CrazySobtian- | zaaratq |
.nerfherder | pancakes | Yuvika_15
what about this rule " every shop should give items for free to their new customers and all the resturent should serve free food for their news customer " ๐Ÿ˜†
for health you can add rule like everyone should be slim with fit and perfect body..fat people should be sent to a therapy house ( a jail with gym ) for work out and build body...

and for economy rules can be like every adult in the house should work and pay 10% of their salary as tax..so if a family has 2 adult then they will pay 10% for each members..total 20%..๐Ÿ˜†
suggestions from proteeti are: FB pe messages ke saath emojis attach karna would be compulsory. Early mornings for schools and such would be banned.

^based on schools... I think... teachers and other staff at school must wear a uniform too
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 7 years ago
I'm really sorry, I couldn't include all this. :(
On the beautiful morning of February 2nd, Riya was still on her bed thinking what was going to happen that day. Wonder why? It's her first day in the white house and it's her first meeting with the counselors as the people's president. A feeling of both excitement and nervousness filled her when she was deliberating all this.

All she thought was to dress nicely and impress everyone there. *typical Riya move* She never aimed that the people would choose her as the president, 'I am not that bad eh..?' said Rita to herself. It all happened when she joined the controversial Trump vs Hilary debate on Facebook and people were mesmerized by her wit, aptness and sass. Well, that's how she ended up being a president for a day.

'Now for the new laws that needs to be made.' she again told herself, facing the mirror. Within few minutes she thought of some wondrous ones and she was determined that the authorities would really love her new-made orders. She's all ready. After having a decent breakfast, she steps out of the house and sees a limousine coming. An assistant comes out and helps her to get in and (v-rroom!) they're set off to the white house.

As she enters the white house, she at first was dumbfounded, really. 'Never in my life I have seen such a beautiful house.', thought Riya. The authorities were seated already and quickly she found a chair and seated herself. Primitively, they all were takking abt how US has evolved over time and Riya just nodded.

"Well Madame President, you were going to announce new laws?", one of the authorities, a huge man with his hair gelled perfectly to the back asked. "Well yes. That's what I'm gonna do!", Riya replied, her nervousness clearly noticeable. "Well?", an elderly female authority asked expectantly. Riya cleared her throat, almost forcefully. "For my first law," she began, 

"is that all restaurants and any food joints must provide free food for the needy." 

Many of the authorities gasped at that. "No! That cannot be done! The whole economy will fall!" yelled the authority with the gelled back hair. "Listen up people! Why aren't you thinking about the people that can't afford to get food! People who aren't able to have dinner, have a snack, have a cake! Think what this could do for those people!" 

Riya said this in the most confident way she could make herself sound. And maybe it was this strength in her voice that got few of the authorities nodding. "Well if this is the case, I don't want any part of this anymore!" said the gelled back haired man, and many others agreed. But Riya had gained more confidence with the few support that she got. 

"In fact, I want everything, toys, clothes, all to be free for the needy."

Several of the authorities stood up furiously at that. "Now that's enough!" a young looking authority yelled. "So what about those who aren't needy?! Are we too stupid to pay?!' Riya tried to speak up but her voice choked at the sudden outburst. Everyone seemed to be yelling at her now. "W...w..well," Riya finally regained her voice, "we could make everything free then for everyone?" Riya was so tensed as she suggested that. "Now that! Is just crazy!" yelled one authority. "This is out of hand!" yelled another. "Imagine the chaos!" someone squeaked from among them.

The yelling and argument heated. Riya stood up. She wanted to yell at the top of her lungs, but she also felt her voice break in quick sobs. Without saying a word, she marched out of the White House. As if on cue, a shiny black limousine stopped right in front of the entrance. An assistant opened the door of the car and stood bowed. "Madame President." Riya glared at him as she was already starting to despise being the president. She quickly got into the car and had the door shut with force. "Where to Madame.." "Home!" Riya quickly interrupted the driver as she did not want to hear being called Madame President again. Just as the limousine began to leave, several of the authorities came barging out the door, led by the gelled back haired man. But the limousine completely ignored them as it drove off onto the roads. As the limousine went, Riya thought about how terrible this had gone. This was her first day, and it was her... it was her BIRTHDAY! "Driver! Where would I get a nice cake?!" she asked, a sudden feeling of positiveness surging in her. The limousine entered into a side road, and half an hour later, Riya was back home with her cake. She sent off the driver as she felt she deserved some quality time with herself.

She did try to bring out changes, and it was with very good intentions too. "Happy birthday Riya" she whispered before she blew off the candles. "Riya!" another voice seemed to call, one very familiar voice. "Riya!" the voice called again. "Riya!" GASP! Riya got up to her mom shaking her to wake up. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIYA!" yelled a whole group of family (which slightly felt awkward seeing them right after she woke up). She has got a whole new day, 'a second chance' at her birthday. Now she wasn't sure whether to look forward to it or not to, but what she did know was she would not have to be President again. She was sure that this was gonna be A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

On the beautiful morning of February 2nd, Riya lay in bed thinking of the day ahead. Wonder why? It was her first day in the white house and her first meeting with the counselors as the people's president. A feeling of both excitement and nervousness filled her when she was deliberating all this.

All she thought was to dress nicely and impress everyone there. *A typical Riya move* Growing up she never thought of entering politics, let alone running the country but her debate on Facebook about the controversial Hillary v Trump campaign caught worldwide attention and soon emerged a large Riya fan following. One thing led to another and here she was America's first lady president. *I have created history* she smiled at herself proudly. Having a quick breakfast, Riya headed downstairs to attend her meeting.
In the office, Riya was sat on the presidential chair in deep thought while examining the papers presented before her. Meanwhile, the advisors every now and then looked up from their files to see if Riya was ready to discuss possible laws/solutions to address the issues they had raised so far at this meeting.

"Well Madame President, you were going to announce new laws to address the issue on transport?" said Mr Branson. He was a huge man with hair gelled perfectly to the back. "Well yes. That's what I'm going to do!" Riya replied. "Well?" an elderly female authority asked expectantly.

"My first law on transport is that from now on it is essential for all passengers on a tram to carry a spray with them. If they fart, they must instantly use the spray to ensure the person sat next to them does not smell their fart otherwise they will be banned from using the tram." Riya said confidently looking at the advisors who were gobsmacked.

"I am sorry but your law does not address the transport issue I have outlined in the report. We need to make laws that improve the efficiency of the transport links and..."

"The transport links did not make me president, the people of America did! so my job is to ensure their journey is efficient." Riya snapped back at him. "Do you have any idea how hard it is to sit through a nasty smell for a 2 hour long journey on a tram, Mr Branson?" He nodded negatively. "I thought so. You are a rich spoilt brat travelling in limousines on a daily basis, but I have sat through a smelly tram journey and it is not pleasant at all." Riya said whilst stamping the paper and throwing it at him. Mr Branson was left speechless.
A female advisor cleared her throat and hesitantly asked, "Erm, Madame regarding the Media sector... we are facing a serious issue..." Riya interrupted yet again. "Hmm, Media... that includes TV, I got it... from today onwards, any show where a character is bought back from the dead should be immediately taken off air and the creative team/production house will earn a penalty of $100,000." Riya said signing the paper and passing it to the female advisor. The advisor took the paper nervously and looked back at Riya who was playing with her pen whilst reading the next report.

The advisor looked at the others who were prompting her to object to the newly granted law. With much needed courage, she finally spoke "Erm, Madame, this wasn't quite the law I was after... the REAL problem with media is...

"Is that Indian drama watchers like myself find it hard trying to explain how a dead person shot in the head after being beaten black and blue returns from the dead a day later with no bruises or scars๐Ÿ˜ฒ" Riya said interrupting the advisor yet again. Looking straight at the advisor, Riya smiled and said "that's not creativity that's stupidity and there's no room for stupidity here." The disagreement went on for another 10 minutes until the advisor decided to give up since Riya was clearly confident her rules were practical.
One by one Riya gave bizarre rulings to each issue; the advisors were at loss, each time they tried to object, Riya would snap back at them a justification which they just could not argue against.

"Now finally moving onto the food sector...by law, all restaurants and food joints must provide free food for the needy." Riya said, signing the final paper.

Many of the advisors gasped at this rule. "No! That cannot be done! The whole economy will fall!" yelled an advisor. "As if the economy can grow if its people are starving to death! Listen up you rich people! Not every American is rich like you lot and not all can afford food! So if we make it free, then everyone will be equal." Riya said smiling. While majority looked like they had been hit by a car, a few minority gave an approving nod. This was all the support Riya needed,

"In fact, I want everything, toys, clothes, all to be free for the needy." She added.

Several of the authorities stood up furiously. "Now that's enough!" a young looking authority yelled, catching Riya off guard. "This rule is pathetic and does NOT promote equality, some get food free while others don't. Are we stupid to pay for things others get free?" Riya tried to speak up but her voice choked at the sudden outburst.
(To be fair she had this coming) Everyone seemed to be yelling at her now. "W...w..well," Riya finally regained her voice, "we could make everything free for everyone?" Riya suggested. "Now that! Is just crazy!" yelled one authority. "This is out of hand!" yelled another. "Imagine the chaos!" someone squeaked from among them. "Free food for everyone? well that will surely increase the already high obesity rate in US" said the Health sector advisor.

"Hey now," said Riya. "Look on the bright side, if people are eating more, there will come a point where they'll want to lose the fat. So in comes the demand for gyms. We'll earn loads from such memberships."

"Hold on! Let me get this straight... people who cannot afford to buy food and other necessities of life according to you will be able to afford a gym membership?" an advisor asked with the intention of making Riya understand how silly her logical was. But Riya being Riya failed to take note of the sarcasm and innocently replied "Yeah."

And that was it, the advisor had had enough and finally stood up "Well then with such logic present here, there is no need for me. So I am out of here." She picked up her file and left, and she was closely followed by the rest of the team. Riya was left alone but she looked least bothered about it.

"Job well done Riya. Not bad for your first day as president. Well done" She said patting herself on her left shoulder. "Now, let's get back upstairs, that birthday cake of yours won't be cut by itself" She said smiling and walking upstairs to join the birthday celebrations with her family.

"Happy birthday Riya" she whispered to herself before blowing the candles on her birthday cake. "Riya!" another voice seemed to call, one very familiar voice. "Riya!" the voice called again. "Riya!" GASP!๐Ÿ˜ฒ Riya got up with a jerk as her mom shook her to wake up. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIYA!" yelled the rest of the family. Riya was confused until the realisation struck her. While she may not be the President of America living in a lavish White House, she sure was the birthday girl and was going to have a very happy birthday!

https://i.imgur.com/QusGvYz.gif

https://i.imgur.com/q1z9b6Y.gif
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 7 years ago