Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi

Shades of Contrasts!!!

Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
Yesterday I talked about contrasts and how this season is full of it.

I love contrasts because for me Monotone is boring. So again, loved the episode.

Yesterday we were speculating what kind of parent/guardian Dev would have been.

Well, today we saw a glimpse of it.

Dev, funnily though, while changed his appearance and acquired a few new hobbies, hasn't much changed in his core values.

Previously, he used to buy off consequences of his family's bad decision with money (example: Neha's marriage) and now he does the same with good looks and charm.

But the bottom line is, he is still the buyer.

So, lesson Golu learned today - If you fail because you didn't work hard and slacked off, then just turn on the charm on the teacher and get away scot-free. No need to fail and face the consequences. That's for ordinary people, not Dixits.

I'd say, Dev is paying back Vicky for his misdeed by turning an innocent child into Vicky who is a slacker and relies on others to bail him. Won't you say, that wipes the slate clean?

Sonakshi also may have changed her appearance and her attitude, but her core values are the same. Bijoy and Asha tried two different tactics to change Soha's mind when she announced that she wants to live with her dad, but even though Sonakshi was scared as eff, she respected her daughter's decision regardless of her own misgivings and handed over her phone for her to call her dad.

Just in case, it's not apparent, that took major guts. Imagine having to keep a straight face while your heart is pounding so hard that it seems to be leaping off your chest in fear of losing the one person for whom you live yet let them make their decision without pressure, without blackmail, without manipulation and without your own selfish need to hold onto them.

Soha decided not to reach out to the dad she never knew and picked the woman who gave her the respect and the opportunity to make her own decision.

People say, set your loved ones free. If they come back to you, they are yours. If they don't, they were never yours. Easier said than done. But Sonakshi did it.

So lesson Soha learned today - No matter how hard it is, respect other people's decision and prepare for the consequences and always do the right thing. If you love someone, you don't lock them up. You set them free.

And this free, independent little dove came back to her secure nest with her own free will. She chose the woman who gave her the sky to fly and the air beneath her wings. 

Dev is selling his company. Vicky was asked to be happy with his share of Rs.500 crore. Funny, when alone Vicky's share in Dev's company is Rs. 500 crore, Dixits insulted Bose family for measly Rs.5 Crore. 

You know they say, people's class is determined by how they treat people who are below them in social standing? I have seen women wearing glaring gold jewellery fighting with cab driver for Rs. 2 change. I have also seen people who don't even have enough Roti to eat offering their food to a girl stranded in the desert of Jaisalmer (Me). Tell me who has the better class?

Anyhoo, Dev finds out that Sonakshi has been awarded "Business Woman of the Year" and he wants to attend the function. Looking at his expression, I am pretty sure to show off his new image.

Funny how Sonakshi proved by her action that whatever happened between them doesn't matter in front of her daughter by not putting a single ounce of pressure on Soha and Dev is proving by his actions that he is still waiting to pay Sonakshi back for everything she didn't do for him as per his skewed balance sheet. 

Well, some people collect blessings and some keep accounts of losses. Ishwari's upbringing is still evident.

Precap: Dev's bike stops beside Sonakshi's car... Soha looks at Dev.
Edited by tia.o - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Take a Bow Miss Tia 👏.   BTW I wrote a similar post too we seem to be soul sisters.😆
Coming to the Dev and Sona.  We may camouflage ourselves to hide our real selves but our real self always finds its way out

Here Sona was always strong independent and fair her weakness was her blind love for Dev she is imparting that to her daughter to be independent and fair

Dev always watched out for his family it is ingrained in him..his external appearance may change but the core doesnt  he could have just shut his company and left vicky stranded but in turn gave him a fair share..as far as him buying the teacher out leopards don't change spots

Tia.0 thumbnail
Lol... I just finished reading your post and typing a response. But yes, in terms of core values, Dev and Sonakshi are still the same. The only change were outside appearance and a few characteristics. 

This content was originally posted by: gemini54

Take a Bow Miss Tia 👏.   BTW I wrote a similar post too we seem to be soul sisters.😆

Coming to the Dev and Sona.  We may camouflage ourselves to hide our real selves but our real self always finds its way out

Here Sona was always strong independent and fair her weakness was her blind love for Dev she is imparting that to her daughter to be independent and fair

Dev always watched out for his family it is ingrained in him..his external appearance may change but the core doesnt  he could have just shut his company and left vicky stranded but in turn gave him a fair share..as far as him buying the teacher out leopards don't change spots

pkbdas61 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tia.o

Yesterday I talked about contrasts and how this season is full of it.

I love contrasts because for me Monotone is boring. So again, loved the episode.

Yesterday we were speculating what kind of parent/guardian Dev would have been.

Well, today we saw a glimpse of it.

Dev, funnily though, while changed his appearance and acquired a few new hobbies, hasn't much changed in his core values.

Previously, he used to buy off consequences of his family's bad decision with money (example: Neha's marriage) and now he does the same with good looks and charm.

But the bottom line is, he is still the buyer.

So, lesson Golu learned today - If you fail because you didn't work hard and slacked off, then just turn on the charm on the teacher and get away scot-free. No need to fail and face the consequences. That's for ordinary people, not Dixits.

I'd say, Dev is paying back Vicky for his misdeed by turning an innocent child into Vicky who is a slacker and relies on others to bail him. Won't you say, that wipes the slate clean?

Sonakshi also may have changed her appearance and her attitude, but her core values are the same. Bijoy and Asha tried two different tactics to change Sona's mind when she announced that she wants to live with her dad, but even though Sonakshi was scared as eff, she respected her daughter's decision regardless of her own misgivings and handed over her phone for her to call her dad.

Just in case, it's not apparent, that took major guts. Imagine having to keep a straight face while your heart is pounding so hard that it seems to be leaping off your chest in fear of losing the one person for whom you live yet let them make their decision without pressure, without blackmail, without manipulation and without your own selfish need to hold onto them.

Soha decided not to reach out to the dad she never knew and picked the woman who gave her the respect and the opportunity to make her own decision.

People say, set your loved ones free. If they come back to you, they are yours. If they don't, they were never yours. Easier said than done. But Sonakshi did it.

So lesson Soha learned today - No matter how hard it is, respect other people's decision and prepare for the consequences and always do the right thing. If you love someone, you don't lock them up. You set them free.

And this free, independent little dove came back to her secure nest with her own free will. She chose the woman who gave her the sky to fly and the air beneath her wings. 

Dev is selling his company. Vicky was asked to be happy with his share of Rs.500 crore. Funny, when alone Vicky's share in Dev's company is Rs. 500 crore, Dixits insulted Bose family for measly Rs.5 Crore. 

You know they say, people's class is determined by how they treat people who are below them in social standing? I have seen women wearing glaring gold jewellery fighting with cab driver for Rs. 2 change. I have also seen people who don't even have enough Roti to eat offering their food to a girl stranded in the desert of Jaisalmer (Me). Tell me who has the better class?

Anyhoo, Dev finds out that Sonakshi has been awarded "Business Woman of the Year" and he wants to attend the function. Looking at his expression, I am pretty sure to show off his new image.

Funny how Sonakshi proved by her action that whatever happened between them doesn't matter in front of her daughter by not putting a single ounce of pressure on Soha and Dev is proving by his actions that he is still waiting to pay Sonakshi back for everything she didn't do for him as per his skewed balance sheet. 

Well, some people collect blessings and some keep accounts of losses. Ishwari's upbringing is still evident.

Precap: Dev's bike stops beside Sonakshi's car... Soha looks at Dev.

@BOLD - absolutely correct. This is what i observe when  i meet some so called big shot in business meetings. i see how they interact with chauffeurs, waiters, housekeeping staff etc. If they are rude, they are just hot air and simply blessed with a streak of luck that the do not acknowledge.

The fact still remains that Dev has been shown to have some basic virtues that are so wonderful. he has also some absolutely insensitive traits as well, making him the complicated personality that he was shown to be in season 1. The signs of Dev Dixit in season 2 are promising.. i liked the way he handled the teacher.. a lot different from the old dev.  He got the result he wanted.

Tia.0 thumbnail
Thank you. Agree with you. Everyone butters up a rich man, but only someone with real class treat everyone with respect regardless of social standing. We are yet to see what amount of previous virtues remain within the new version of Dev. But one of the vices certainly remains within him and that of not wanting to face the consequences of action.

This content was originally posted by: pkbdas61

@BOLD - absolutely correct. This is what i observe when  i meet some so called big shot in business meetings. i see how they interact with chauffeurs, waiters, housekeeping staff etc. If they are rude, they are just hot air and simply blessed with a streak of luck that the do not acknowledge.

The fact still remains that Dev has been shown to have some basic virtues that are so wonderful. he has also some absolutely insensitive traits as well, making him the complicated personality that he was shown to be in season 1. The signs of Dev Dixit in season 2 are promising.. i liked the way he handled the teacher.. a lot different from the old dev.  He got the result he wanted.

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think I really have issues with Dev flirting in front of the kid and the writers making a small kid say stuff like 'hanky panky mat karna' etc. 😆 Am really not looking forward to see Dev (or Sonakshi for that matter) fake it and throw it on each other's faces that they have moved on and they could care less about their past..I wish there is some dignity to their interactions and they don't behave like teens who are out to prove a point..I guess we'l get there when it comes though am sorta convinced Dev is gonna do exactly that and Sonakshi will soon follow suit..Just don't involve any third person in this and ruin that poor guy/girl's life is all I'l say for now 😆  That said, I found the whole choice Sonakshi gave the kid very interesting..She made her decision and all is well..Which again begs the question-what about Dev's choice? Does he not have a say at all in this? Bijoy vehemently declared that she is not Dev's daughter so am assuming they probably intend to keep her away from him all his life? Yeah, I know its a show and they'l meet and reconcile and move on but like I said yesterday, this is one thing which actually makes me uncomfortable..The last time I felt that way was when Sonakshi was forced to undergo infertility treatment and Dev was being super insensitive to her plight..I feel the same right now w.r.t to how Bijoy and co. are dealing with this..Even if they go to Court, the least a father will be given is visitation rights..I just find it weird how conveniently the father's rights are being forgotten here..And I hope to god they don't show any custody drama cos there have been multiple ones shown in YHM and each one of them treated the feelings of the child in the most insensitive manner possible 😆 
P.S. The kid really cannot act..I know she is young and its unfair but there are some brilliant child actors on TV (like Ruhanika who was brilliant esp. during the first one year of YHM cos she played a kid who faced similar issues) and this one is is plain bad..No offense meant 😆
natasha_n thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I was about to makepost about golus pampering... but i thought let me watch episode before making post...
But looks like same what i expected...

I have bad feeling there will be a scene where deserving soha wont get recognition while golu will get with chachu tactics i mean in school competion... although this will happen until dev knows soha is his daughter...

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

First of all bang on post.  Kids speaking more than their age is so not good just like how kids are made to participate in beauty pageants we know what tragedy happened in Joe Benets case.

The story is moving the cliche way with Dev flirting, Sona jealous yadda yadda.  About Dev not knowing his child it can be viewed two ways. One Sona wanted to wait for her to get financial strength if she had to fight Dev for custody..which he might of going by his track record or just for drama sake and I think it is also going ti happen now and then the judge will order they have to remain together all that stuff before she gives judgement...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it wrong morally to not let a child know his or her dad absolutely but when you are a single parent and if you have a bitter separation like how she had with Dev our first instinct would be to protect the child and that is what I think happened here..it is a basic basic instinct of a mother to protect ones offspring 

This content was originally posted by: rogerrocks

I think I really have issues with Dev flirting in front of the kid and the writers making a small kid say stuff like 'hanky panky mat karna' etc. 😆 Am really not looking forward to see Dev (or Sonakshi for that matter) fake it and throw it on each other's faces that they have moved on and they could care less about their past..I wish there is some dignity to their interactions and they don't behave like teens who are out to prove a point..I guess we'l get there when it comes though am sorta convinced Dev is gonna do exactly that and Sonakshi will soon follow suit..Just don't involve any third person in this and ruin that poor guy/girl's life is all I'l say for now 😆  That said, I found the whole choice Sonakshi gave the kid very interesting..She made her decision and all is well..Which again begs the question-what about Dev's choice? Does he not have a say at all in this? Bijoy vehemently declared that she is not Dev's daughter so am assuming they probably intend to keep her away from him all his life? Yeah, I know its a show and they'l meet and reconcile and move on but like I said yesterday, this is one thing which actually makes me uncomfortable..The last time I felt that way was when Sonakshi was forced to undergo infertility treatment and Dev was being super insensitive to her plight..I feel the same right now w.r.t to how Bijoy and co. are dealing with this..Even if they go to Court, the least a father will be given is visitation rights..I just find it weird how conveniently the father's rights are being forgotten here..And I hope to god they don't show any custody drama cos there have been multiple ones shown in YHM and each one of them treated the feelings of the child in the most insensitive manner possible 😆 

P.S. The kid really cannot act..I know she is young and its unfair but there are some brilliant child actors on TV (like Ruhanika who was brilliant esp. during the first one year of YHM cos she played a kid who faced similar issues) and this one is is plain bad..No offense meant 😆

WeRockTheWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Lovely post Tia...what ever Dev tries to show off during the award function...the trump card is with Sona ...that is their daughter !! Her greatest achievement and today loyalty was proven by the lil one !!

I do have a doubt , any idea why he was selling his shares and shutting down the trading for his company? And he tells Vicky that you enjoy your share let me do what I want to do with mine...but why would he do that ??
Tia.0 thumbnail
I don't know. CVs gloss over a lot of things for drama purpose. But Dev flirting with the teacher in front of his nephew who is a kid gave me a sour taste in my mouth. However, I agree. Dev will definitely try to bait Sonakshi for a reaction. 

One thing for sure. If it comes to custody battle, Sonakshi can match Dev in terms of status and power. Not to mention, Dev's image will work against him. Sonakshi has a much spotless image. 

Secondly, if Dev wants visitation rights, he should get it. However, right now everything is in speculating stage. 

About Dev's rights, that is not for Sonakshi to care about. She gave her daughter an option and asked her to rethink her decision. If her daughter changes her mind in future, I am sure even then Sonakshi will be fine with it. 

I am sorry, but Dev and Sonakshi are divorced. Not to mention, Sonakshi got a signed copy of pre-nup handed to her by Dev which takes away his children's rights on him and his property if they divorce. It gives an impression that Dev has dusted off his hands off their relationship or any memories or reminder of the same. So the fact that she doesn't care for his rights is pretty obvious why. Sonakshi doesn't know the background story like we do. Sonakshi also doesn't know if Dev had signed it recently or before marriage. Keeping in mind the topic of pre-nup was raised and Dev at that time denied it. 

This content was originally posted by: rogerrocks