Pv OS / SS An answered prayer - Epilogue - page 23 - Page 7

Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by premap

Thanks for this 'frustrating' update ! At the end of the chap I felt like 'murdering' someone !!!! That was the degree of frustration , I was undergoing !!!!! I am never one for wife/mistresses or 2 -4 wives ! I get sick seeing such people, BUT here , Aarti is neither a 2nd wife nor a 'mistress' as the true meaning goes !!! The blame of the situation goes to maam Aarti !!! She messes up 3 lives plus the lives of 3 kids !!! It would have been kinder to Arpita if Aarti DISAPPEARS from all their lives !!! I am that mad at her ! [ Sorry for taking out my frustration ] !   You have given work to my adrenaline ! Thanks and please do not be 'mad' at me 4 my comment .

Well i hope you didn;t murder anyone😆
I am so not mad at you and found your comment very entertaining and it very interesting to me how the opinions about who is at fault varies.

Personally i feel they all have blame.  And sorry, I cannot write a story where Aarya does not end up together eventually after they wade their way through the mess they made. 

But Aarti does try, but once again the decision is the wrong one as you will see.
Originally posted by asmani

One of the benefit of coming online after a few days of gap is you get to read 3 parts at a time of a wonderful interesting story😃

The story started beautifully With 2 individuals 
Falling in love and theirlove nest

Then come prashant and Arpita who are too good to be believd😆

Prashant who was advising yash anou hiding about arpita and hurting Aarti , did the same thing to Aarti by having an affair while he was married to aarti

Otherhand aarpita very well knew yash did not love her but still wanted to stick to him and bear his presence as well. Arpita might be a great character here but i don think her to be a lohical one. She is selfish. Had she really been great. She shoul have tried to unite aarti n yash.

Yash tried enough. I dont want to critisize the poor guy though he took an impulsive decision og marrying arpita

Aarti what should i tell about her. She wanted to be great. I really dont think hiding about engagement was really a great offence to reject ur love repetatedly considering the situation.
She is the most to blame for entire situation

Please continue and sort out the mess😆

And i want a happy ending pls😉
There will always be a happy ending Asmani, ALWAYS.  😆
Loved your comments.  And as I said in my response to Nix, Aarti's response was more than to the lie it was about her own insecurities. So i feel all of them carry an equal amount of blame.  Arpita knew that Yash still loved Aarti no matter what he said.  And she knew that it was due to Aarti that her husband stayed.  Yash did an idiot thing by proposing to her but he too had to face a huge anount of pressure form his family.  So, yes life is not always black and white sadly😃
NB:  To all the people that comment on the previous chapter, Thank you so much.  It was the most interesting and entertaining comments that I had on any of my stories.  Loved all your different view points, the angry rants and the moments that you felt sorry for the characters.

It made writing this story infinitely worthwhile❤️

Thank you Thank you Thank you 🤗

Chapter 4

Arpita's support of Aarti did not go down with either her family or her in-laws.  They could not understand that she accepted her husband's ex-lover so easily or Ansh as her own child.  Her mother-in-law took her to task for it and tried to keep her so busy at home that she would not have enough time to go to Aarti.  And she endured it without complaint.  But whenever she had a spare moment she went to Aarti.

When she found out that she was pregnant, Aarti was the first one that she told.  Not because of anything other than that she wanted to break it to her personally and gently and did not want her to hear it from anyone else for her example her mother in law that would have told her to rub salt into what must have been an already open wound. 

Aarti felt shaken to the core.  She needed time to compose herself.

"Aarti, are you ok?"

She cleared her throat.

"Yes, fine.  I am fine."

"Aarti, I know this is not easy but ..."

"But it's not any more difficult than it was for you when I was pregnant, was it?" Aarti smiled sadly.

"I guess."

Aarti came close to her.

"I am a terrible person.  Here you are sharing the happiest news in the world with me and I haven't even congratulated you.  I truly am very happy for you Arpita.  You are already a wonderful mother."

Arpita was in tears.

"You really think so?"

"I don't think so.  I know so. You have been an amazing mother to our Ansh.  And I know you will be to your baby too.  And you will make the whole family very happy."

She was right.  Arpita was treated like a queen for having conceived Yash's heir.  And when they found out she was carrying twins, they were even happier.

She went to visit Arpita at the hospital after the delivery. The twins were beautiful.  Arpita looked happier than she had ever seen her.  Yash was there as well and he was completely smitten with the twins.  They decided to call them Palak and Aayu.  The little girl was so beautiful, she looked just like her mom, but she had her daddy's amazing eyes.  She didn't have a baby girl of her own and she knew that in all likelihood she would never have one.  She was immediately drawn to the little cherub.  Her brother was as cute but Aarti felt more of a bond with Palak.     

"Oh Arpita, you are doubly blessed.  This little princess is going to steal so many hearts." Aarti said looking at her adoringly. 

"Yes, my princess is gorgeous." said Yash coming to stand next to her with Aayu in his arms.  They shared a glance, it was fleeting but all three of them realised what it was. 

In her happiness, she saw the look of love they shared, and for a moment Arpita felt a tinge of pain.  As if they were the family and she was an outsider.  She remembered the time that she came to the hospital when Ansh was born.  She was reminded how she found Aarti in Yash's arms.  And there was no doubt that he was very happy about the babies, but still his reaction to her was not the same as it was to Aarti.  But they tried.  They looked away immediately when they realised what was happening between them again. 

"I will send Ansh over when you are feeling better.  He was asking about you and I told him you went to fetch his brother and sister.  Now he keeps asking when he can go to his baby brother and sister."  Arpita delivered the twins by c-section so she was still in pain. 

"I wish I could help you with the babies Arpita.  You did so much for me when Ansh was born."

"Don't worry about that.  I have help at home.  Ma, Buaji and Vidhi Bhabhi will be glad to help.  And you can send Ansh over as soon as we are discharged or maybe Yashji can bring him along when he fetches me."

"Ok, we will see how it goes."

Ansh was excited about his siblings and wanted to go there every day, so Yash came to fetch him every day.  She avoided him, sending Naina out to take him to and fetch him to his father's car. 

Arpita had finally convinced her to take up Yash' offer to complete her degree.  She loved it.  She felt like she had a purpose to life again.  And being busy studying kept her mind busy and off other things.  Again Arpita helped her with Ansh when she had exams and had projects and 2 years later she graduated with highest honours.  It was a bitter sweet day.  She would have loved her parents to have been there to see that she had finally graduated.  But that was only a pipe dream.  But there was a celebration.  Yash and Arpita, as well as his brothers and Bhabhi and Prashant was there and they all came to her house for a celebration afterwards.

Prashant had come into her life again just before that.  He has stayed behind when his parents came back to India.  He finally moved back and though his friendship with Yash was not what it used to be, he started to spend a lot of time with Aarti.  She felt guilty as she was aware that she was the reason for the break in their friendship.  Prashant soon made it clear that he was still in love with her and wanted to marry her.  She was adamant that they should only remain friends.  But he kept pushing the matter.  He was good with Ansh and she eventually gave in, thinking that it would be good for Ansh for her to be married.  And she was mostly hoping that she would be able to love him back, the way he loved her and forget about Yash.

Yash was livid.  He knew he had no reason to be feel this way.  He was married.  She was not his for the taking.  But he couldn't stop feeling this way.  He could not stop loving her.  He had grown very fond of Arpita and on occasion they made love.  But for him it was just to meet a physical need and it lacked the intensity and passion that he shared with Aarti.  And truth be told, most often her fantasized about her when making love with Arpita and he would have momentary release.  But he would feel worse afterwards.  Like he was cheating on both of them. 

He was pacing his home office.  He made up some excuse of work and left the room after Arpita gave him the news.  He was surprised that Shoba-ma and Dubeyj would allow Prashant to marry a woman with a child and his child no less.  He knew Prashant was around from Ansh's conversations.  Even that had made him feel jealous.  They were his family.  His son, his ... But what was she of his.  Only the mother of his child.  Nothing else.  It just felt that now he was losing her forever.   Nothing about this was logical, but then nothing about their relationship ever was.

Before he knew it he was hammering on her door in the middle of the night.  She was a half asleep when she came to the door.

"What are you doing here", she whispered only opening the door slightly.

"We need to talk." he said.

"Shh, Naina is here."

"Get rid of her."

"Go home."

"Do you want Naina to hear our discussion?"

"Fine, just wait."

She told Naina to go back to bed, and that everything was fine, then she quietly let him in and led him to her bedroom.

"What do you want Yash."

"You can't marry him."

"I can and I am."

"You don't love him."

"I do love him.  You know he is a good man and he loves Ansh and I very much. He will be a good father to him."

"He already has a father.  I will not let you take my son away from me.  I will not allow it."

"Please don't raise your voice, you will wake up Ansh and Naina."

"I don't care."

"Do you want the world to gossip about us even more?"

"What do I care what people say."

"I do.  Especially what people say around my son!  What is your problem Yash?  You are married.  Why can't I get married?"

"Because I love you dammit."

"I know that. And I love you too.  I will never stop but I have to move on with my life.  You can't be a part of it anymore."

"Please don't do this.  You are making a mistake."

"Stop it Yash.  This is the best thing for all concerned."

"Is it? Really?  Do you know what it is like to be married to someone, an exceptional person, that loves you and much as you try you can't love her back because you are hopelessly in love with someone else.  Do you know how it feels to look into that persons eyes, knowing that they know they will never have your heart?  Do you know how it feels to make love to that person but all the while imaging someone else?  To be constantly alert lest you call out that person's name because she is what you want more than anything or anyone. You don't know that Aarti.  It's hell."

"I have my own hell.  The hell of loving a man that belongs to another.  Knowing that he will never be mine.  Hating to wake up in the morning because in my sleep, in my dreams you are mine.  Hating to come home from the office to no one but Naina, when Ansh is with you.  I have no one to cook for, no one to tell how my day went, to ask how their day went.  And every night I have to go to sleep in an empty bed.  I need someone Yash.  I don't want to be alone anymore."

They stared at each other, each feeling their own agony.  She had tears in her eyes, he didn't but his pain was not any less than hers.  In that moment they could only find solace in each other.  The person that caused them the most pain and that they loved the most.

He took her in his arms and just held her as her body convulsed in silent sobs.  He held her tightly.  He wished her could take all her pain and suffering away. 

"What a mess we made of our lives Baby?"

"I'm sorry." she sobbed. "I should have forgiven you.  It was my own fears and feelings of inadequacy that kept me away from you.  But I would rather have lived with your families disapproval than this, not having you at all.  It's all my fault."

"No baby, it's mine. I should have honest with you from the beginning.  I knew how I felt about you almost instantly and I should have told you about Arpita before we got involved.  I should have told my parents about you and broken the engagement no matter what the consequences, it would not have hurt as much as this.  Having you around but not in my life. It is so painful."

"I know."  Finally he too broke down and they held each other and cried.  

Finally she looked up at him.

"Yash, I won't marry Prashant if you don't want me to."

She looked at him, not sure what she was hoping he would say.

"I don't want you to, but I won't be able to live with myself either knowing that you could have had a chance of a happy marriage.  You need someone that can take care of you.  Be there for you.  I wish I was that person but since it can't be, it's good that it's Prashant.  I've always known how he felt about you.  He is a good man.  He will give you a good life."

She nodded.  He had given her his blessing of sorts.

"I love you. I only want you to be happy."

"I won't be happy without you, but I will be the best wife I can be.  He deserves that."

"Yes, he does."

He looked at her for a long time as if he wanted to imprint the picture on his mind.  As if it wasn't always there.  He brought his lips down on hers for a long and lingering kiss. And then he hugged her again and left.

She went back to bed and sobbed till the early hours of the morning.

Her wedding was the one time that she saw Yash's parents happy.  She was finally out of their son's life and they came to celebrate the occasion.  He was there too.  He even came to congratulate them.  Even after everything they had faced, this was a most excruciating experience.  Both of them could barely hold their tears at bay but they both braved it.  She politely said thank you.    It was final. They were out of each other's lives.

The first year both Aarti and Prashant worked hard at the marriage.  She was really a good wife. She tried her best.  She moved in with his family.  His parents were accepting of her and loved her despite her history.  And they accepted Ansh as their own grandson.   They understood what she went through being an unwedded mother and Shoba-ma knew G3 well enough to know how she would treat her.  Shoba-ma was also very traditional but she had an immensely good heart.  Aarti had just completed her degree when they got married.  Her in laws agreed for her to work.    Arpita still made sure that Ansh spent as much time with them as before.  And Aarti was a great bahu and did everything that was expected of her. 

She tried to make Prashant feel like a husband, a man.  She initiated physical intimacy but it was just not the same and they both knew it.  After all, Prashant has front row seats to the intense love that Yash and Aarti shared.  Prashant was attentive and romantic.  For the first year. 

But in the second year, he changed.  It all started at Ansh's 4th birthday party.  As usual she was on edge with him in the vicinity but she could not expect him to stay away from his son's birthday celebration.  When they arrived she had to go and greet them.  Arpita had helped her plan so she was excited to see her reaction to the result of their party planning.  And she greeted him and they shared that quick familiar look that everyone knew by now.   And she then went about being the hostess.  The busier she was the less she was aware of him. 

The party was planned to perfection.  It was big.  Everyone in Ansh's pre-school class was invited.  Aarti was running around making sure there was enough for everyone and would replenish as soon as she needed.  She was collecting more juice for the kiddies table when she slipped on something that one of the kids must have dropped.  She screamed and drooped the jug as she struggled to keep her balance with very little success.  She anticipated the pain that she would feel when she would hit the floor.  But instead her fall was broken by a pair of strong and familiar arms.  In an instant her fear of the fall vanished as she relished the feel of his arms around her his intoxicating fragrance.  She looked up at him and saw in his eyes what she felt in her heart.  He did not let her go immediately as he too enjoyed having her so close brief as it may be.

"Aarti!"

It is was Prashant. 

They jumped apart.

"What is going on here?"

"I... I fell."

"Conveniently right into is arms I see."

"Prashant ..." she started trying to prevent this from becoming a scene.  They were attracting attention.

"It's amazing that you were around at just the right time.  Always her hero aren't you?  Always her saviour.  What was it that she called you?  Her answered prayer."

"What would you have me do Prashant?  Just let her fall?"

"Of course you could never do that.  You could never let the opportunity pass of having her in your arms one more time."

"It was not like that."

"You forget I know exactly what it was like.  And nothing has changed.  I am a big fool."

Then he turned around and walked out. 

Aarti started to run after him.

"Prashant wait." she called.  He went to his car.

"Prashant where are you going?"

"Do you care?  You lover is here now."

"He is not my lover."

"Not that you don't want him to be."

"Prashant, can we talk about this later.  People as staring."

"There is nothing to talk about.  And I am not needed here."  He slammed the door and sped off.

She went back to the party awkwardly.  And she pretended that nothing happened.  She kept her tears at bay and smiled through the pain and carried on being the perfect hostess. She could see the pity of her m-i-l, the sadness in Arpita's eyes and the glee in Yash's parent's eyes.

He made an excuse to Ansh shortly afterwards, citing some work and said that he would take him out to the movies the next weekend.  Just the two of them.  Ansh loved that idea so he let his pappa leave without a fuss.

When the guests left, she tended to her tired munchkin and then she went to her bedroom, ran a bath and sat in the bath, finally giving in to the torrent of tears that had been threatening since the altercation with Prashant and Yash.

Prashant did not come home that night and after that he started to "work late" more and more often.  He stopped being attentive to her and Ansh.  Ansh looked more and more like his dad as he got older and was a constant reminder of the man she truly loved.  He picked fights with her and then would storm off despite her not retaliating.  He accused her of lusting after Yash.  The times that he was home before her and she ran late from work, he interrogated her about her movements.  She was not allowed to go anywhere without a family member.  His jealousy was totally irrational. 

He even starting drinking more than usual.  And he would phone Yash on the odd occasion and verbally abuse him. He threatened him to stay away from his wife.  When he was in this mood, Aarti soon learned it was best to be quiet as he would become very angry and almost violent.  He never hit her, but on more than one occasion he pushed her.  She was not sure that it would not have gone further if his parents were not around to stop him. 

She really felt sorry for them.  He was their only son.  And now they had to choose between her and him.  And this made him even more alienated within his own family.

He always wanted children and she was in agreement.   They never used contraceptives yet she never fell pregnant in the time that they were married.  He blamed her for that, despite the fact that she already had a child.  She went for various tests and there was no problem on her side.   

Finally what she had expected was confirmed.  He was having an affair with Neda, his secretary.  She was pregnant and he chose to marry her and divorce Aarti.  Her in-laws supported her and wanted her to stay with them but she chose to move back her house with Ansh and at least give Prashant the opportunity to be happy with his whole family.  She was terribly sad that her marriage didn't work out and that Ansh had to be uprooted but in her heart of hearts she could not blame Prashant for the choice he had made.  She wanted the best for him.  She felt responsible for his condition.  And if he finally had a chance at happiness and a family she was glad.  Neda was not his parent's first choice due the circumstance of their marriage but Aarti at least knew for sure that she truly loved Prashant and would make him happier that she made him.  And she could not deprive another child of having a full time father.  Neda was the one that broke the news of the baby to her.

She pitched up at Aarti's office unannounced.

"What can I do for you Neda?' she already knew why she was there.

"Mrs. Dubey, I came to tell you that I am having your husband's baby.

"I see."

"Mrs. Dubey, I am sorry.  I know that what we did was wrong, but I have been in love with him for a long time, even before you were married and when he came to me I was powerless to refuse him."

Aarti understood her helplessness completely.

"Mrs Dubey, I know all about your relationship.  I know that you are still in love with Yash Scindiya.  Prashant is not happy.  I know he loves you but he has changed so much since your marriage.  He really is not happy."

"What are you saying Neda."

"I want the chance to make him happy.  I love him so much." she started crying and Aarti could feel her sincerity.

"I came to ask you, no, to beg you to release him and give me an opportunity to be a wife to him, one that truly loves him and a child of his own."

"Neda, if only things were so simple.  I understand where you are coming from.  I live your pain every day, but just know that it is not easy to live with a partner that loves someone else.  I see it in Prashant and Arpita.  So think carefully that this is what you want.  We have all made dreadful choices and now we are all suffering.  We both want Prashant to be happy and I am willing to step aside for that, but make sure that you are prepared for what is to come.  You know better than anyone how affected Prashant was by this situation."

"I know, and I am prepared to take the risk."

"I suppose I would too if I had an opportunity to be with my love.  I will speak to Prashant.  The decision is his."

"I know.  And I know that he will want to do the honourable thing and stay with you.  But I was hoping you could convince him otherwise."

"Please don't have any expectations about this.  But I will talk to him.  And I wish you all the best Neda." Aarti smiled.

"Thank you Mrs. Dubey.  I wish you the same."  She smiled and left.

That night Prashant was home early again.  For the past week he had been home early and nicer to her and now she knew why.

"Prashant, Neda came to see me today" she said when they retired.

The blood drained from his face.

"I know about the baby."

He looked sad and remorseful.

"What do you want to do about it?"

She saw tears in his eyes.

"I am sorry, Aarti.  I never meant to hurt you.  But ...  I don't know how it happened.  I don't even know this person I have become.  She just seemed to care for me, you know.  I wanted someone to love me like ... like..."

"Prashant, do you love her?"

"I do, but I am in love with you."

"Prashant, there is no reason that you should not live like a family with the women that is the mother of your child. We made a mistake getting married.  We should have known better.  I know you hoped that things would change and so did I, but we were both wrong.  I love you.  You have always been a good friend to me. The thing that changed that was this marriage.  I release you from any obligation towards me and Ansh.  Please be with your family."

"But what will you do?"

"I will go back to life I lived before we got married.  Just my son and I.  You don't need to worry.  I'll be fine.  In fact, I will be worse if I stay knowing that I robbed you of a chance at happiness.  I love you too much for that and hopefully we can be good friends again.  And you and Yash."

"I don't know about that, but I would like to have my child with me.  Ma & Bauji will be upset."

"They love you.  They will get over it. Especially when that bundle of joy comes.  They won't even remember why they were ever upset."

"Are you sure Aarti?"

"100%"

"I am not sure how to take that?" he smiled.

"Only the best of ways." she smiled back.

"We can chat to Ma & Bauji tomorrow and I will leave after that." she said.

"I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything.  Just be happy.  That will be enough for me.

Edited!

Before I start my comment, let me just say that I'm astounded by the harsh reactions to poor Aarti Did I read a completely different version? the way I saw it, Aarti is not at fault for agreeing to marry Prashant. Heck she tried refusing him as they both knew she loved Yash. Having had the damn front row seats as he put it, he should have steered clear but he knowingly walked into the fire choosing to be blind! Damn fool, messing up lives, especially poor Ansh's! 😡 realizing what he hoped for was not possible he lost it! And to top things he went and cheated. Aarti not conceiving just proved that they weren't meant to be! But I still feel like this helped purge Aarti from his system. Now he knows that Aarti is not for him and can do away with any romantic hopes for her. At least they are parting amicably. He can move on with his Neda...

This brings me to my other point. We have three types of women here. Neda knows what she wants and is not afraid to snatch it by any means. She knows she has a chance because Aarti does not love Prashant and she boldly goes to ask her to step aside. She she was polite doing it, but still, which mistress goes and stakes her claim to the wife's face?

Then there is Arpita. She really is to be pitied having to watch the deep love between her husband and the other woman; a love so strong that just a look is enough to convey it. Her happiness is dependent on whichever crumbs he chooses to throw her way; she knows Aarti needs only to say I want you back and it will all be over. Yes she is a good and kind woman but some part of her befriended Aarti to ensure that she never chooses to hurt her. Also this story so perfectly highlights human flaws; being selfish in love and choosing to have her love by her side, even if she does not really have him is Arpita's one flaw.

Moving onto Aarti... She made so many mistakes. In everything that happened thus far, she is trying to make good of a bad situation. Be it giving birth to an illegitimate son, befriending the wife of her love for her son's stability, marrying a man she does not love in the hopes of moving on... In this whole mess she really has gotten the shortest end of the stick. She sacrifices and places others' happiness above her own. She let Yash go for Arpita, she let great in-laws and a good family for her son go for neda, and Prashant. She knows she will only truly be happy with Yash and she already lost him, what's losing a loveless marriage to that?

I could feel their pain during that one stolen night. They knew it was wrong but the desparation of drifting so much apart had them giving into their weakness 😭

so as Asmani said this is a complete and utter mess! A downright disaster in which no one is truly happy!

Thanks for this wonderful story Honey-Bee! Moreover, I love that I have the honor of it being a gift to me ❤️

so it's not copy and paste 😆Edited by Tessaloni - 7 years ago
Originally posted by Tessaloni

Res! Will copy and paste soon! 😆
Unacceptable.  I want fresh comments😡
Originally posted by B-onesie

Unacceptable. I want fresh comments😡

dream on!

btw you have not updated the chapter in the title...
Originally posted by Tessaloni

dream on!

btw you have not updated the chapter in the title...
oh yes, thanks for the reminder
sorry to say but aarti is a bitch 😡
her 1 wrong decision made everyone life hell 😡
I blame aarti for all these mess 😡
when yash was ready to fight for her she just pushed him away 😡
that's not enough she end up getting married to prashant knowing she cant love him 👎🏼
now got divorce prashant cheated on her with neda 😡
god seriously aarti is trouble maker 😡
bcoz of her nobody happy 😡
yash & arpita is husband wife but their marriage have no love from yash side
bcoz of aarti ansh couldn't get proper family 😡
I just feel like to kill aarti right here for what she did 😡 😡 😡
continue plz
Hi B I am reading your stories it is just I don"t have much to comment 😆