I am Yours... FF last updt @18

storywriter098 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Anant Bajpai.  His name alone sent waves through the business world.  He was the one and only heir of Bajpai Industries. Together, he and his father owned countless factories and companies in America, the United Kingdom, and India.  Anant was a tall, well-built, and very handsome man with a passion for women. He took as much pride in his appearance as he did in his work.  His collection of designer suits was the envy of the town.  anant was the reigning king of New York City, where he liked to spend the majority of his time even though he had pent houses and mansions in L.A., Chicago, London, Mumbai, and more.

Anant sat back and watched his best friend, Hiten, try to flirt with a pretty little blonde.  anant and Hiten decided to hit one of New York's premiere night clubs.  Anant felt the eyes of every woman in the club on him, but he didn't care.  He was much too amused by Hiten's futile attempts to woo any woman who showed even a bit of interest in him. 

"Any luck?" anant called out to Hiten, who was now heading his way. 

Hiten plopped down on the bar stool next to Anant.  "Nope. None. The ladies have no idea what they're missing." Replied Hiten with a smirk. 

A sultry woman in her early twenties began walking towards Anant and Hiten.  Her purple sequin dress hugged her curves perfectly.  She wobbled slightly in her six-inch heels as she closed the distance between herself and the bar. 

"Hey there." She eyed Anant sensually. 

Anant smirked. "Hey there yourself." 

The woman ordered a tequila from the bar.  She tucked a strand of her light brown hair behind her ear and turned her attention to Anant.  "Veronica," was all she said.

"I'm Anant." anant replied.

"And I'm Hiten." Hiten interjected.  Veronica glanced in his direction before turning back to Anant. 

"Uh...you know, Anant here is quite the dancer." Hiten tried to talk to her again. 

"Dance with me?" It wasn't much of a question.  Veronica grabbed Anant's arm and dragged him out to the dance floor. 

She slithered her body up against his and placed his hands on her waist.  She began moving to the rhythm of the music.  Anant's hands travelled up and down her back.  Veronica turned around and pushed her back against Anant's chest.  He placed his hands back on her waist and moved with her.  Anant felt his phone vibrate in his shirt pocket.  He took one hand off of Veronica's waist and pulled out his phone. 

"I have to take this." He half yelled into her ear before turning away towards the bar. 

"Hello?" He shouted into the phone.  The club was so loud. He doubted the person on the other side could hear him over the music. 

"Sir, Mr. Bajpai would like to speak to you personally?" It was his father's secretary. 

Anant stepped outside so he could converse with his father in peace.  He braced himself.  Whenever his father wanted to personally speak to him, it usually meant Anant was about to receive some bad news. 

"Anant, I need you in India right now." His father demanded.  He didn't even asked how he was or exchange any other pleasantries. He just went straight to the point like always.

"India? Why?" Asked Anant.  He really wanted to know.

"I need you here now. I expect you to land in Mumbai by tomorrow.  Once you're here, I'll give you further information." With that, Mr. Om Bajpai hung up. 5

Anant sighed.  The last thing he wanted to do was leave New York and go to India.  What the hell was waiting for him in India anyways?  

Navya Mishra was a shy, traditional Indian girl.  Even though she was raised in a palace, she was brought up with traditional values.  She was very obedient and never questioned her mother or her absentee father.  She knew her father worked hard to create his business empire, which is why he spends most of his time in Mumbai or Delhi rather than at home with his family. 

Navya diligently prepared breakfast.  Sure, there were servants, but she preferred to make breakfast herself.  Navya was an excellent cook. She enjoyed cooking.  Her mother told her the one way to win a man's heart was through his stomach, so she just had to learn how to cook well.  She was finishing up making the last of the parathas when her younger sister, Payal, came bursting into the kitchen.

"Didi! Look at this!" she was holding up a fashion magazine. 

Navya glanced at the picture Payal held in front of her.  She saw a glamorous model wearing a short red dress.  The dress was much too short and the neckline was cut a little too low.  Navya noticed the model's confidence and a hint of jealousy rose inside of her. She knew she could never dress like that. 

"Why are you reading these types of magazines? You know we can't dress like this."Navya said, moving the magazine aside as she finished preparing breakfast. 

"A girl can dream, can't she?" beamed Payal. Payal was always an optimist. She was four years younger than navya, but believed she was much older and all grown up. 

"Take these to the table." Said Navya, handing Payal plates full of food. 

Navya adjusted her braid and put on the veil she had removed while she was cooking.  She brought out the rest of the food and called everyone down.  She lived in a joint family, so most of her uncles and aunts and a plethora of cousins lived with her.  She enjoyed being part of a large family.  She couldn't wrap her mind around how children actually left their parents behind to live on their own.  She never wanted to leave her family, but she knew one day she would have to get married and leave.  Every girl had to get married one day. 

Navya's younger cousins sauntered down the grand staircase and surrounded the table.  Her aunts and uncles leisurely followed.  None of her cousins were her age.  Most were much younger than she was.  A few of them were married with families of their own. 

"Mmm smells good." Commented one of her uncles.

Navya smiled and began to serve her family members.  Her mother made her way to her seat.  Payal served her.  Navya's mother looked up at her, approving of her job well done. 

"Payal, you must learn to cook like your sister." She said.

"Of course, but just wait and watch Ma. I'll be better than Didi," replied Payal. She made a face at Navya.  Navya smiled back at her. 

Navya glanced out the window and noticed a black Mercedes parked outside.  She studied it for a moment and then quickly made her way towards the front door.  She paused for a moment and took a deep breath.  She opened the door to see her father with a fist in the air.

"You always get to the door before I even knock!" her father said.

Navya smiled.  She always knew when her father came home even when he tried to surprise her.  She bent down and touched her father's feet. 

"Be happy." He gave her his blessing and enveloped her in a hug as he entered the house. 

"Ma!" she called to her mother.  navya's mother walked around the corner and shyly smiled as she saw navya's father. 

"Baba!" Payal came running around the corner.  She also bent down to touch her father's feet before giving him a hug. 

They loved when their father came home.  The house always seemed brighter, happier when he was home.  navya noticed that her father wasn't as happy as he usually was when he came home. He kept glancing over at her as the rest of the family members tried to greet him and welcome him home. 

"Navya," he finally said, "I need to discuss something with you."

Hope you guys like it ...Pls Comment          

Edited by storywriter098 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ganganavya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Omg u started another ff yeahhh thank u so much Dear for new Anya story. Waiting duet her for Anya meet
-meru- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow new one. Goood cont soon
srilotus thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Seems interesting
I am from KRPKAB forum...jus came here to know Shaheer Sheikh's previous works and fortunately read ur fiction and must say its awesome.
Continue soon.
NAVANT28 thumbnail
Thank u so much for a new story..starting was too good!! eagerly waiting for anya meet... PLS CONTINUE...Edited by NAVANT28 - 7 years ago
Saumya96 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 4
One after another ff you are giving. Mind blowing start. It's arrange marriage or what?  Seems like it is. Waiting for next. Continue soon 
storywriter098 thumbnail
Hello Freinds Because of some work m not able to update both ff's regularly... one day i''ll updt i am yours and the other day two hearts..
thanks for your love...

Anant groggily exited the airplane once it landed in Mumbai.  The flight from New York to India lasted almost twenty hours.  He gathered his luggage and made his way outside.  There, he met one of his father's employees.  anant sat in the air conditioned car as the driver placed his luggage in the trunk.  He fought the urge to fall asleep right there in the car.   He knew he had to meet his father first otherwise he wouldn't be able to sleep in peace.  He felt the car jolt forward.  About half an hour later, he arrived at his father's house.  Anant exited the car and slowly walked up the sidewalk.  He didn't even bother knocking on the door. He knew the security guard had seen him on the security cameras and left the door unlocked for him. 2

"Dad!" called Anant.  He cautiously walked through the large corridor.  He knew he should try his father's office first.  Anant approached a large door near the back of the mansion.  He lifted his hand to knock on the door, but paused.  He took a deep breath before tapping on the door. 

"Come in," he heard his father's voice reply. 

Anant opened the door and walked inside.  He saw his father immersed in some documents.  He held is hand out with his index finger lifted indicating to wait for a minute while he finished reading over the document. Anant stayed quiet and waited as his father finished with his task. 

"Okay." Om looked up. His face beamed with excitement as he saw his son standing before him.

"Dad," anant said tiredly.

"Anant! My son!" his father stood and walked up to Anant. He gave a huge bear hug. Anant was surprised but hugged his father back anyways. 

"Why am I here?" Anant was too tired to niceties. He just wanted to sleep. 

" I have some important news to discuss with you." Replied his father.

"Now?" whined Anant like a child.  "Can't it wait til later?"

"I have arranged your marriage with the daughter of a good friend of mine.  You will meet her tomorrow night." om said nonchalantly as if he were simply talking about the weather instead of Anant's life.

"That's great...Wait! What?" The words hit Anant hard.  He was in shock for a while, unable to wrap his mind around what his father just said. 

"I have arranged you marr-"

"No! I heard you!" interrupted anant. "What the hell were you thinking? I am NOT getting married!" screamed Anant. 

"Yes you are!" his father began to raise his voice. 

Anant and his father usually shared a cordial relationship.  He was an obedient son for the most part. He dutifully took over his father's businesses and started quite a few of his own.  In exchange, Anant was given the utmost freedom in both his business life and his personal life.  His father had never intervened until now.

"I can't." Anant said hopelessly. He didn't want to disobey his father, but he knew he wasn't marriage material. 

"And why not?" his father replied sternly.

Anant hesitated. He knew his father wouldn't understand. He knew that his father was unaware of his Casanova lifestyle. 

"She's a great girl. She is the daughter of a good friend of mine.  You will make her happy. She will be an appropriate wife for you." His father explained. "Why did you arrange my marriage? If you want me to get married, why can't it be to a girl I choose?" Anant was genuinely curious.  Arranged marriages were so old fashioned. His father was a modern, forward-thinking man. Why was he suddenly being so old fashioned?

"Deepak Mishra is the owner of Mishra Industries.  He and I have known each other since we were young men dreaming of the lives we lead today.  He is launching several international companies, two of which will be in New York.  We thought it would be a great idea if our children would m-"

"A business deal! You want me to marry his daughter as part of a business deal?" Anant was furious.  He didn't understand.  His father was a shrewd businessman as was he.  He knew that a good businessman did anything in his power to close a good deal, but this was just too much. 

"She is right for you." His father said quietly.

"Right for me? You know nothing about me! I am not marrying her or anyone else!" Anant stormed out of his father's office and sauntered up the grand staircase.  He stomped down the hall to the room he occupied when he was in India.  He slammed the door behind him.  He picked up a vase that rested on a dresser inside the room and threw it at the wall.  It shattered loudly as Anant's rage subsided.  He decided he needed to sit down and calmly think this through.  After all, he was also a businessman. 

His eyes fell on a file sitting on his bed.  He picked it up and eyed it carefully.  Inside were reports and projections detailing the amount of profit that was expected from different deals and mergers of mishra Industries' companies and his own companies.  Anant smirked. His father was clever.  He was trying to bribe anant into this marriage.  He decided he would meet this Mishra girl.  There's no harm in simply meeting the girl. 

Navya blushed a deep red as her father explained that he was arranging her marriage one of his oldest friend's son.  Navya looked down.  She felt shy discussing marriage matters with her father.  Navya's mother beamed behind her.  Her sister, Payal, was trying to suppress a giggle.  Navya suddenly stood up and rushed out of the room.  Once in the hall, she paused.  She smiled at the thought of being a wife.  She heard Payal walking up behind her, and Navya gently scurried up the stairs and into her room. She closed the door behind her, not wanting to answer Payal's questions.  She sat on her bed and continued to smile.2

Navya loved the idea of marriage.  She always dreamed of being the perfect wife.  She saw herself preparing breakfast for her husband every morning, tying his tie before he left for work, cooking his dinner every night once he came home from a long day's work.  She dreamed that one day she and her husband would fall in love with each other and have many kids and live happily ever after.  She blushed at the idea of love.  Love was so idealistic, meant only to happen after marriage.  Navya bit her lip. She was ready to fall in love. 19

Navya's father told her that she was to meet her future husband tomorrow night at a party he was throwing in honor of the launching of his international companies.  Navya started to imagine what her future husband would be like.  Would he be handsome?  It didn't really matter to Navya.  He would obviously be wealthy, not that that really mattered either.  Navya just wanted a sincere and caring man that valued her. 

There was knock on navya's door.  navya stood up and walked to the door. She already knew who it was. 

"Hi Payal!" she said as she swung the door open.

"Didi! You're getting married!  I bet Jija-ji will be hot!" Payal blurted out.

Navya's eyes grew wide. "Payal!" she screamed.  "You are so inappropriate."

"Didi, are you happy...with this marriage?" asked Payal seriously.

"Of course. Baba knows best." Said Navya quietly. 

"I...I've never been alone before." Payal whispered. 

Navya's eyes welled up with tears.  She and her little sister were very close.  They were inseparable.  Navya knew that a day would come when she would have to leave Payal, not only Payal but leave her entire family.  Navya knew she would have to leave India and move to America with her husband, who was settled there. Navya looked at Payal, who was now crying almost as much as she was.

"Payal, I'll always be there for you. Nothing will ever change that.  We will always be sisters no matter who I marry."  Said Navya.

"I know," was all Payal could manage to say.

"Promise me one thing," requested Navya.

"What?" asked Payal.

"You will never call your Jija-ji hot ever again." Laughed Navya.

"Oh ho possessive already!"  Payal and Navya burst out laughing. 

Navya knew she would miss these moments. She knew that once she was married, her whole life would change. 

Bright rays of sunshine crept into anant's bedroom, waking him from a deep sleep.  He drank himself to sleep last night with a bottle of his father's most expensive whiskey.  He was too upset to think straight and the overpowering hangover didn't help anyone. Anant groggily sat up.  He glanced around him.  His eyes fell once again on the file he reviewed last night.  Anant groaned.  He suddenly remembered why he drank so much last night. His marriage had been arranged.              

Anant slowly made his way to the shower.  He shuddered as the cold water poured over his body.  He started to think of ways to avoid this marriage.  Maybe he could convince the girl to refuse him.  If she refused him, there would be nothing his father would be able to do about it, and he would be home free.  How? How could he possibly convince her?  Maybe if she thought he was already in love, but Anant's father would see right through that. Maybe he should tell her that he simply didn't want to marry her. He just wasn't ready to make such a big commitment.  It wasn't a lie. He wasn't ready to be a married man, but he wasn't ready for totally different reasons.  Suddenly, it struck him.  anant smirked as he continued to devise his devious little plans. 

Anant slowly got dressed. He put on an expensive Armani suit with a white dress shirt underneath his blazer.  He topped off his look with a dark silk tie.  Anant carefully combed is thick, black hair into place.  He looked so much better than he felt.  His hangover was getting the best of him. He needed food now. anany opened the door, and suddenly the servant appeared with a huge smile on his face.  He held out the tray to Anant. It had plates of eggs with toast and a piping hot cup of coffee. 

"I was just coming down." Said anant stifling a chuckle.  The goofy smile on the servant's face just made him want to laugh. 

The servant's smile began to fade.  "Sorry sir. I thought you would want to stay in after your long journey yesterday." He apologized.  He turned around and made his way down the hall towards the grand staircase.  Anant followed suit.

"It's okay," Anant said, placing a hand on the servant's shoulder.  "I'll just have it downstairs.

"Anant," om's firm voice rigidly called for him. 

Anant calmly at his eggs, ignoring his father.  He slowly sipped his coffee, ignoring two more of his father's beckons.  After he ate, he thanked Arvind(servant) again before making his way to his father's study

"What were you doing?" he father demanded.

"Eating breakfast," replied Anant, with a trace of arrogance in his voice

"You have a few meetings you must attend before tonight's party.  Make sure everything is taken care of, so there are no worried tonight. I want the deal finalized today itself. Is that clear?" his father said without looking at him.

Anant gritted his teeth. He did not appreciate being bossed around like a child.  He was capable of making his own business decisions.  He simply replied, "Yes," before turning to leave

"Tonight. Be ready. Dress nice." His father added. Anant paused.

"What's tonight?" Anant asked.

"A party celebrating the launch of  new companies. You will meet your wife tonight." His father replied.

"Fine," was all Anant said before leaving his father's study.

Tonight was the night. Anant would get this girl to refuse him. He was sure of it. 

"Didi! You'll look so beautiful in this one! Wear this tonight!" said Payal excitedly holding up a blue and white sari with heavy embroidery. 

navya glanced at the sari and made a face.  She turned away. 

"What about this one?" asked Payal, this time holding up a bright red sari with purple detailing.

"Payal, what are you doing? The party is tonight." Said navya

"You're going to meet Jija-ji for the first time tonight and you aren't the least bit concerned?!  You have to make a great first impression." Cried Payal.  She continued to rummage through her sister's closet. 

"Payal, does it matter what kind of impression I make? We're getting married no matter what type of impression I make." Replied Navya matter-of-factly. 

"What if..." Payal hesitated, "What if...he's not good enough for you?"

"What do you mean?" asked Navya.

"What if he's a jerk or stuck up or even worse, ugly?!" asked Payal, her eyes growing wide with panic.

"Calm down! Baba wouldn't choose someone stuck up or arrogant for me." Said Navya.  She placed her hand on Payal's shoulder.  "Why are you so worried?"

"I don't know. It's something to think about though.  Didi, Baba wouldn't choose an arrogant boy for you, but what about an ugly boy.  He isn't really the best judge of looks, you know." Said Payal, a smile creeping onto her lips. 

"Payal!" exclaimed Navya incredulously.  How attractive her husband would be did not concern her, but she secretly hoped he would be handsome.  Every girl wanted a handsome husband. 

Later That Night...

The party was in full swing.  Many of the guests had arrived early, but the hosts expected it.  Everyone was dressed in their best attire, ready to party the evening away.  Servers rushed back and forth with trays of champagne.  The grand staircase that stood in the middle of the hall was decorated quite intricately for an even gathering.  Chandeliers hung from the ceilings.  Luxury seemed to ooze from the walls.  The atmosphere was jovial. All of the guests were eager for the guests of honor to arrive. 

Anant sat coolly in his black limousine.  He fiddled with his tie.  He had changed into a fancier designer suit.  He attempted to tie his tie for the third time.  His fingers fumbled.  He grunted in anger.  Why was he so nervous?  He was just going to meet a girl so that he could convince her to reject him.  It's not like he was actually meeting his future wife. 

Navya has just arrived to the large banquet hall.  She eagerly stood next to her sister.  The two girls walked behind their parents.  The crowd erupted in cheers and applause once the family entered.  Navya beamed at the adulation the people felt towards her father. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, our first guest of honor has arrived.  Let us welcome, Mr. Deepak Mishra and his family!" exclaimed a voice that reverberated throughout the hall. 

Another loud set of applause erupted from the crowd.  Navya watched as her father made his way through the crowd, shaking the hands of his many colleagues.  Navya and Payal followed silently, large smiles plastered on their faces.  They were extremely happy that their father was the guest of honor at this party. 

Navya started adjusting her black sari.  It was a rather fancy sari with heavy embroidery throughout.  The material was a light chiffon.  Navya glowed under the light, partly because of the sequins from her sari and partly because of the smile that illuminated off her face. 

"Ladies and gentlemen," the voice began to announce, "our last guests of honor have arrived.  Please welcome Mr. OM bajpai and Mr. Anant Bajpai!" the crowd erupted in cheers once again.  Navya strained to see who had just arrived. 

Her father made his way to the door.  Navya along with Payal followed at his heels, both eager to see who was there.  The crowd of people that surrounded the other guests of honor parted as the Mishra family maneuvered through it. 

"Deepak!" exclaimed the older man, enveloping navya's father in great big bear hug.  He was a slightly overweight man silver hair that was quite thick for his age.  He wore thick rimmed glasses and sported closely groomed facial hair.  He seemed elated to see navya's father.  navya's eyes floated to younger man who was standing next to her father's friend.  He was quite handsome.  He had chiseled, masculine features and the most amazing jet black hair.   His well-built body was accentuated by a swanky black designer suit.   navya looked away, unsure if it was appropriate to think a man so attractive when her marriage had already been fixed. 

"om! It's been forever!" navya's father exclaimed.  He turned to navya.  "This is my good friend, Om." He  told her, turning back to his friend, "And this is my eldest daughter, Navya."  

Navya bent down to touch the man's feet. 

"Bless you, my child," Om gently placed his hand on her head.  She stood up a moment later. 

"This is my son Anant." Om patted the young, attractive man's shoulder, urging him to come forward. 

Navya's eyes locked with his.  She quickly looked away.  anant grinned at her.  He extended his hand, waiting for her to shake it. navya hesitated.  navya folded her hands and muttered a quick "Namaste." Anant's grin faltered.  He thought it was a bit rude that she wouldn't shake his hand, but he obliged anyways.  He copied her movements and replied with a "Namaste" of his own. 

anant's eyes traveled down navya's body, assessing her outfit.  Traditional. Too traditional.  He couldn't believe his father had chosen such a traditional girl.  She was wearing a sari and wouldn't even shake his hand.  Nothing could be worse.   3

Navya coyly glanced at Anant.  He was extremely handsome, but seemed a little too modern for her.  At least Payal would have nothing to worry about.  Anant was indeed attractive.  She saw Payal shoot her a thumbs up from behind Anant, signaling her approval.  Navya's eyes grew wide.  Payal continued to make funny facial expressions that showed that she was extremely happy with anant being her future brother-in-law.  navya let out a quiet giggle.  Anant's eyes immediately shot in her direction.  Navya felt her heart skip a beat. 

Edited by storywriter098 - 7 years ago
ganganavya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yeahhh I loved Anya meet. Waiting further to see what's going to happen
silla thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Read both updates thank u sooo  much for wonderful updates
storywriter098 thumbnail